Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSG say action may be taken against Joey Barton for Twitter remarks about Thiago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSG say action may be taken against Joey Barton for Twitter remarks about Thiago

Joey Barton has been strongly criticised by Paris St Germain after he used Twitter to make dubious remarks about the French team's player Thiago Silva.

"In the last few hours, on social networks, unacceptable remarks have been made by Olympique Marseille player Joey Barton against Paris St Germain player Thiago Silva. These attacks are serious and go beyond mere verbal jousting. The directors of the club, the players and the coaching staff are supportive of Thiago Silva, and cannot accept such statements. They reaffirm their unwavering commitment to the values of respect that should govern our sport.

Thiago Silva and Paris St Germain reserve the right to take any action they deem necessary."

More...

Yawn, yawn (aimed at Barton). Some of our fans must be seriously bored if they wd welcome a return of this soap opera to our club (even if the Championship is probably the right level for his football abilities, tho not his own inflated evaluation of his abilities).

Comment

It was funny tho :-)

Comment

It's funny but that I don't miss. We were Joey Barton FC for a little while.
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

What did he say ?
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            What did he say ?
            Said he looks like tranny

Comment

An overweight #######

Comment

Originally posted by QPRob View Post
                Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                An overweight #######
                Good banter tbf. Why are some people so precious these days - surely that hasn't offended him?!
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I found it hilarious and retweeted it Matty.

Comment

If he'd said 'very attractive' overweight ####### I think he would have got away with it!

Comment

We'd be in a better position if he was playing for us this season. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by QPRob View Post
                        Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                        An overweight #######
                        He also said he couldn't work out if he's pre or post op.

The thing is nowadays coming out with transphobic comments is deemed equally as unacceptable as homophobic or racist comments, which is what has been picked up on with this latest outburst. He's now also made himself look a foolish hypocrite because of his recent anti-homophobia campaign for gay footballers. This has since been pointed out to him and I suspect he'll now regret his comments and retract them. He's no fool (most of the time) and will realise he's embarrassed himself once again. Doubt OM will look favourably on it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          He's no fool ......
                          totally disagree - he is a total bell end. He contradicts himself and is constantly hypocritical with his so called views, which are often just part of his plan to make Joey a brand. He is right on one minute and right wing the next. He misundersantds the people he quotes to tries and sound clever and makes a total t.wat of himself on a daily basis. He is a fool.

When I was at school the name Joey was an insult....maybe it should be again.
                          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

He can't help himself.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                              totally disagree - he is a total bell end. He contradicts himself and is constantly hypocritical with his so called views, which are often just part of his plan to make Joey a brand. He is right on one minute and right wing the next. He misundersantds the people he quotes to tries and sound clever and makes a total t.wat of himself on a daily basis. He is a fool.

When I was at school the name Joey was an insult....maybe it should be again.
                              I agree with you. I meant he's no fool in that he's not a complete idiot, just that he comes out with a lot of very stupid remarks in which he clearly hasn't engaged his brain before tweeting. He does actually have a modicum of intelligence in that he's reasonably articulate for a footballer. His real problems however are his as yet unresolved anger issues which would probably take years of therapy to unravel and which he shows no sign of even wanting to address. The guy is in major denial still.

Comment

Working...
                              X