No announcement yet.

Is This A No Win Situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you imagine them coming out and saying they have made a pigs ear out of the club ?

wont hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by bkirk View Post
      can you imagine them coming out and saying they have made a pigs ear out of the club ?

wont hold my breath.
      About as likely as us making it to the mythical 4th round of the FA CUp.......
      A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
        About as likely as us making it to the mythical 4th round of the FA CUp.......
        What is this "4th Round of the FA Cup" of which you speak, earthling?

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
          Briatore could get the fans onside in a heart beat, if he admitted his mistakes and sacked Paladini and Russell, who in many people eyes are the reason why we are having this discussion.
          Bang on, unfortuntaley its Pete's job to to convince everyone its Briatores fault.

Public sackings of Paladini & Russell would mean so much more than some half hearted apology.

Hang them out to dry today, I'll renew my ST tomorrow.

Comment

The problem is that to admit to making mistakes is also admitting to failure. FB doesn’t do failure. Hell will freeze over before he admits mistakes. For that matter, I don’t think FB has ever got the fans onside aside from the honeymoon period just after the takeover.

When he first came along, he talked about the “project”. Yet he has failed abysmally to make the project come to fruition. FB is an investor, not a Project Manager. He should have appointed an experienced Chief Executive or Project Manager to deliver the anticipated results. He did neither and took on the role himself despite having no knowledge of how to run a football club. The succession of Managers, meddling with team tactics and selection should clearly show that FB is nothing more than a Dictator. Eventually, all Dictators get their come-uppance.

With due respect to Amit, he represents a minority shareholding so his hands are somewhat tied.

FB has little regard for fans and doesn’t understand the deep rooted undercurrent of dissatisfaction running through the fan base. He doesn’t understand that fans were happier when times were much tougher than now because there was more togetherness and we were prepared to rally round. All FB has done is to alienate most of the fans by making cheap comments about them, never apologising and going from one bad decision to another.

This club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom to be able to run efficiently and sensibly. FB has already demonstrated he is quite clearly not the man capable of doing that.

Pete, you said that FB tried in part to get the fans onside. Well, I struggle to think when that was. I must have missed it. All we have seen is prices raised astronomically, many of the team aren’t even ours and I’m not sure the overall quality of player we have is much better than when FB first came here. Haven’t we had over 90 transfers in and out of the club since he took over? What sort of stability is that?

Without the fans, you have no club. I have a season ticket (and have had one for over 40 years). I have hardly missed a home game in that period. Tomorrow, I can’t be bothered going. FB, I blame you. An apology would help but I can’t see that happening. Can anyone?

Comment

This thread should be moved to The Board Room

Comment

Of course it would help if they communicated with us. What we all have to remember is the message boards are a very small percentage of our support base at games. The protest after Scunny was between 350 -700 out of 13,000, so the other 12,500 whilst probably being a bit peeved with the whole situation are still onside, if communicated with.
                It would help immensely if the club issued a statement via Amit or Flavio, asking the fans to get behind the side and drag us out of the hole we have dug. Either that or news that Curbishley/Coppell will be joining the club.

Comment

I disagree with those who say that it would not change a thing. Aside from the on pitch performance, the uncertainty overshadowing the club is frightening everyone.

Just a statement confirming that they remain committed to the club would have a positive impact and I think that protests would also calm down if they admitted that they were looking for a way out if that is the case. I mean, if they do want out, they need to find a buyer and whether or not they publicise the fact, they need interested parties to know their shareholding is available for sale.

And an opportunity to speak with the fans' groups would also start to build bridges.

So, no it is NOT a no win situation for them, but the longer they leave it, the harder its going to be...

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    Andy... sometimes I wish we did have power like that but what we all do know is that the club to read message boards.
                    It's ok saying the club need to read the message boards but we shouldn't have to ask the board to apologise they should have realised and done it already without prompting, i think they realise if they did it now they would look weak and show they can be dictated to by fans, so unfortunately it will never happen.
                    Queens Park Rangers
                    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

They dont have tosay they have failed as that would be that they have resiogned themselves to not being able to do anything about the situation and leaving. But coming out and saying mistakes have been made and they want to make things right ie: like the peterborough Chairman did with their recent management, this sort of thing goes a long way to help people deal with the frustrations.
                      Unfortunately cant see the board coming forward with anything like this :(

Comment

Briatore doesnt make mistakes in his mind let alone admit to one

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          This thread should be moved to The Board Room
                          This thread should be moved to the joke section.Never going to happen.The club are in freefall on and off the pitch.It's the fans fault, it's the players fault blah blah blah.

We have just lost 1-0 to two of the poorest (football wise) teams in this league.Team spirit appears to be low, fans spirit appears to be at an all time low and The formula 1 season starts soon so even less interest from Flav and bernie, despite his non involvment.

Cannot get there tomorrow night but will drag myself to the next Saturday home game.Don't really know why i will do it - on autopilot when QPR are concerned.

Look at palace, no money no team coach but players fight for their survival.
                          Shame on our team and owners.

Comment

If Flavio got shot of Paladini and employed someone qualified to be in charge of footballing matters then I would certainly give him another chance.

I do wonder why Bernie and the Mittals seem prepared to let the club be run in the manner it is, however small their investment is surely they would want some chance of getting their money back.

Comment

Talk is cheap, Actions speak louder than words, they can say sorry as much as they like until they start showing they care for the club AND the fans then they can go whistle
                              “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

Working...
                              X