No announcement yet.

Holloway getting ruined on twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just think Ollie should of settled on 7 or 8 players who will be in the first 11 next season and should of been playing them week in week out in the settled formation that he sees us playing next season. The other 3 or 4 positions that are up for grabs then rotate and try different people or make tactical subs during matches when we at comfortable or winning.

Right now it just seems he doesn't know what team he wants to play. I feel like he's trying to keep everyone happy with game time rather than being ruthless and just playing a continuous strong nucleus and building some momentum for next season.

Ollie and the board seem to be happy with the season just fizzling out which I find disrespectful to fans when we aren't imo 100 % safe.

Comment

I'm going defend Ollie he's made some bizarre selections and formation changes but we have squad of players who barring a few seem pretty thick with little or no ability to think or make decisions for themselves on the pitch. They have zero game awareness or ability to manage the game depending how it's going as an example we persist with these short corners, when first two or three go wrong how about trying something new but no fourth corner let's try same thing again and screw it up

Need people to take grip of the game and bring others with them but we're team of wimps

Comment

Although we were poor in the first half yesterday, firstly remember we were playing a team who have been in the play offs most of the season.

Secondly, how is Ollie to plan for Bidwell slicing the ball in to Perch? And Sylla playing everyone onside for their free kick? And the ref allowing them to take the free kick 5/10 yards away from where it actually happened and for Lynch to give away a stupid needless free kick? Like Brighton, how does Ollie plan against things like Lynch trying to play Murray offside (stupidly) or the ref giving a free kick on Murray when it wasn't?

Yes the team roulette he seems to play is frustrating but on the flip side, if he kept the same team and we were still losing everyone would be asking why isn't he changing it?
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

We are not going down ffs. Even if we lose our remaining games, Blackburn would need to turn on promotion form, and given that they've won 9 games all season that just isn't going to happen. Get a bloody grip people!
          Jimmy, top OP and I agree with you. Even the bit about Ollie'a record being worrying compared to previous managers. I do think that, given a full pre season, he can turn it round.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
            We were never going up ,and were not going down either ,yes ,watching this season fizzle out has been frustrating ,but i`m still prepared to look at the bigger picture and believe ,its all for the greater good , next season .
            In Holloway we trust , well i still do anyway.....
            I agree with the sentiments of the first part of your post. I'm trying desperately hard not to get frustrated by the current run and to see the bigger picture. There is however a big part of me that wonders whether he might just be midway through making a huge mess of things and will end up being binned around xmas time next season.

For me there is no "in Ollie we trust". I love the bloke and how much he cares about the club, but he has proven more often than not to come unstuck at this level of football!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              We are not going down ffs. Even if we lose our remaining games, Blackburn would need to turn on promotion form, and given that they've won 9 games all season that just isn't going to happen. Get a bloody grip people!
              People want us to lose them if it means Ollie gets the boot though. They're just not saying it directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                People want us to lose them if it means Ollie gets the boot though. They're just not saying it directly.
                You honestly believe that a large percentage of our fan base are willing us to lose games in the hope that it will lead to our 6th managerial appointment in as many years?

I was pretty vocally anti-Ollie when he arrived. But now he's here and brought in his people, I don't want to see him sacked. Yeah, there were plenty of better options out there, but this is the guy our board got. The period where we could have got rid of Ollie with little or no repercussions passed the minute we gave him a transfer window.

He is limited as a manager for sure, but he has his good points. We need to get on with supporting him now and focusing on the positives. What we absolutely do not need is another change of manager. It is always costly and causes huge upheaval, often for no genuine improvement in results and/or performances!
                Last edited by Tarbie; 18-04-2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Find it hard to defend anyone who has had a run of 6 games lost in a row and a second run now of 5. It is indefensible regardless of whether season fizzling out. With that sort of record he should be getting ruined on social media.

If I was that rubbish at my job I would be expecting a load of grief.

He should by now know the core of his team but it is clear he doesn't. I understand opportunity to give a few players a chance at this stage of the season but it is farcical at the moment.

Sadly I doubt we are going anywhere under Ollie except further down. I'm expecting another poor season next year. His record and other signs just too poor for me to buy into bigger picture argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    You honestly believe that a large percentage of our fan base are willing us to lose games in the hope that it will lead to our 6th managerial appointment in as many years?
                    Not "a large percentage of our fan base" no. It's a small but v noisy minority (on social media), as per usual.

Comment

I was pretty vocally anti-Ollie when he arrived. But now he's here and brought in his people, I don't want to see him sacked. Yeah, there were plenty of better options out there, but this is the guy our board got. The period where we could have got rid of Ollie with little or no repercussions passed the minute we gave him a transfer window.

He is limited as a manager for sure, but he has his good points. We need to get on with supporting him now and focusing on the positives. What we absolutely do not need is another change of manager. It is always costly and causes huge upheaval, often for no genuine improvement in results and/or performances!
                      I don't think it's a large percentage but come on mate, there are definitely a few that will.us to lose so they can carry on moaning and call for the managers head.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Agree with you Tarbie, don't think it is a large proportion of fans though, as majority want him to do well.
                        I was the same as you didn't want him to be re-appointed but now he is here i certainly want him to do well and succeed, so he doesn't muddy his good QPR name. This season is a write off now, we won't go down even if we lose last 3 games, as a 6 point gap is just too big to overturn on a multiple team basis in a 3 game scenario. However if we do lose 8 on the spin, Ollie will be under immense pressure that is for sure but fingers crossed we will pull another Wolves away out the hat again on Saturday, although I just can't see it at the moment.

Comment

Sometimes i think this forum should be renamed to wearethefickleboys

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                            Yes the team roulette he seems to play is frustrating but on the flip side, if he kept the same team and we were still losing everyone would be asking why isn't he changing it?
                            I think this is the crux of the matter. If he had kept a settled side, we would definitely not have lost 5 on the spin.

Therefore, logic suggests that Holloway's decisions have led to the situation we now find ourselves in. Quite aside from the fact that it's not on to be treating us paying fans in such a way, I can't really see how it has helped any future planning. Surely it should have been perfectly obvious by now who he wants to keep and who he doesn't.

This nonsense simply has to stop right now. If it doesn't, there shouldn't be any surprises at all should he find an increasing number of people turning against him. I'm rapidly heading towards that scenario, which is a shame. The good news is it's a situation that can be very easily solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Not "a large percentage of our fan base" no. It's a small but v noisy minority (on social media), as per usual.

Comment

Sylla should always be in that starting format
                                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X