Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    more like resigned.....

At different times under TF - and in no particular order - Rodgers, Silva, Martinez, Flores, Bilic, Villas Boas, Clement and Montella have all been available and suggested here as realistic targets: eg when Ramsey was appointed we were still EPL with a chance of staying up (even though Harry was allowed to fester and should have gone much sooner). Swansea are struggling right now but for me they still look more organised under Clement than they were before. Slaven has struggled too but like us WHU have boardroom issues and the move from Upton Park was always going to be tough. The fact is we are unable to make quality management choices. It used to be simple incompetence, but now the reactionary fiscal policy in situ means that no credible candidate would come here: peanuts / monkey syndrome. And then of course we're embedded with dear old Les, not a selling point when it comes to attracting decent management. Halfassed nonsense like JFH and Ollie just illustrate the point.

If I'd chucked over a quarter of a billion down the khazi but wanted to retain an interest the one thing I would do is employ someone credible to run the show, and give him the option re Les. For me Ramsey, JFH and Ollie lack credibility for different reasons. Put it this way - if we really had approached quality managers and been turned down, we should have asked ourselves a long while ago why they weren't interested, sorted that out and made another serious approach to the same calibre of manager.

All the ones on my list are now in work and doing well, although like I say its been difficult for Bilic and PC. But every single one of them would imo have been preferable to at least our last three appointments. We're stuck with Ollie for better or worse, and given that and the quality of playing staff mid table is respectable. But for the money spent it should have been so much better.

it has taken me months to fing the right wording for the management appointments since HARRY.

You sir, have hit that nail well and truely on the head.

they are indeed half assed appointments with no vision or ambition. just trying to keep the club ticking over for the next few years on the cheap.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Would say we definitely need to bring in 4 quality additions to the squad. What will hamper us next season is having a clueless and inept manager in charge once again.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
        The Forest match could actually be important for us to stay up obviously depending on other results Saturday, looking at all the fixtures of teams behind us we aren't just safe yet, most teams play 2 of their last 3 at home and many are playing teams with nothing to play for! Am I being a Drama Queen?
        Maybe a bit? Remember that Forest and Blackburn do have a huge amount of pressure on their shoulders now...
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          Why don't we wait until we are mathematically safe before we start experimenting?
          Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
          this with huge bells on
          That's exactly what any good manager would do, but this is the madcap Holloway's way of doing things.

The only way QPR have of avoiding the drop is if Blackburn or another side does not get to 50 points. QPR will not get another point.

Comment

Why don't we wait until we are mathematically safe before we start experimenting?
            Forget all these experimenting excuses - what you are seeing is what many of us had concerns about when he was appointed: tactical ineptness.

The evidence is right in front of anyone who cares to look. So even when he has a decent set up on the park the basics are awful. No triangles, poor movement off the ball, players too far away from each other, too isolated. That's when things are good. When they are bad (three at the back) you have chronic lack of width at both ends, no attempt to remedy this despite mounting eveidence that we just don't have the players to make it work. That's not experimenting. That's just awful game management. You'll always scramble a few points under Olly but the Fernandes disaster movie is long running.

The meter says >0.25 bn now, for what? For being further down the table than we were when he turned up. What an abortion the whole show has been. Anyone who thinks we're building is deluding themselves. You cant build on sand, there's no quality on the park bar GK and even less off it. If nothing changes there is absolutely no way we are going up next year, that's just dreaming. Harsh but true.
            Well said.
            Those who believe he is building a team etc, are deluding themselves and will wake up in October and see the mess.

I and others said the same about JFH last February and received a similar response.
            Its déjà vu.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              To be hinest i dont even think ollie has been experimenting really, other than giving Morrison a start, hes played near on our best team, same as when we were winning every game.
              Then why does the line up change every freaking game?
              Of course he is tinkering , experimenting or just plainly hasn't got a clue.

Comment

Could be worse.......Gianfranco Zola just resigned at Birmingham. He's won just 2 of his 24 games since taking over from Gary Rowett 4 months ago. He's taken them from 7th in the table to just 3 points above the relegation places in 20th spot!

Comment

more like resigned.....

At different times under TF - and in no particular order - Rodgers, Silva, Martinez, Flores, Bilic, Villas Boas, Clement and Montella have all been available and suggested here as realistic targets: eg when Ramsey was appointed we were still EPL with a chance of staying up (even though Harry was allowed to fester and should have gone much sooner). Swansea are struggling right now but for me they still look more organised under Clement than they were before. Slaven has struggled too but like us WHU have boardroom issues and the move from Upton Park was always going to be tough. The fact is we are unable to make quality management choices. It used to be simple incompetence, but now the reactionary fiscal policy in situ means that no credible candidate would come here: peanuts / monkey syndrome. And then of course we're embedded with dear old Les, not a selling point when it comes to attracting decent management. Halfassed nonsense like JFH and Ollie just illustrate the point.

If I'd chucked over a quarter of a billion down the khazi but wanted to retain an interest the one thing I would do is employ someone credible to run the show, and give him the option re Les. For me Ramsey, JFH and Ollie lack credibility for different reasons. Put it this way - if we really had approached quality managers and been turned down, we should have asked ourselves a long while ago why they weren't interested, sorted that out and made another serious approach to the same calibre of manager.

All the ones on my list are now in work and doing well, although like I say its been difficult for Bilic and PC. But every single one of them would imo have been preferable to at least our last three appointments. We're stuck with Ollie for better or worse, and given that and the quality of playing staff mid table is respectable. But for the money spent it should have been so much better.
                  I also suggested Jokanovic or keeping Warnock on until the end of the season after Ramsey.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                    I do agree with a lot of what you're saying, especially about LF's restricting who might be interested in the job however I am more willing to give Ollie some time, he hasn't done a great job but he also doesn't have a lot to work with yet and maybe won't have depending on fiscal restraints, I think he's a better option than Ramsey and JFH!
                    Stop blaming it on the players.
                    A decent coach manager wood have them better organized.
                    Look at how Palace looked a shambles a few seasons ago yet Pulls took charge and they finished in mid table.
                    Let's face up to it, Ollie is not a good coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Could be worse.......Gianfranco Zola just resigned at Birmingham. He's won just 2 of his 24 games since taking over from Gary Rowett 4 months ago. He's taken them from 7th in the table to just 3 points above the relegation places in 20th spot!
                      I hope our useless plank of a manager follows suit and resigns..will take the club down next season if still in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                        I hope our useless plank of a manager follows suit and resigns..will take the club down next season if still in charge.
                        If only he would.
                        He could still take the club down this season if they lose the last 3 as well.

I have seen the fixtures and if Birmingham respond well to their next manager they will top 50 points.
                        Burton and Bristol City will also get over that figure.
                        The do or die fixture is Forest. Lose that and it could be curtains unless Brentford do QPR a favor and beat Blackburn on the final day.
                        Blackburn face Wolves and Villa in their other games and none of those have anything to play for.

Comment

To be honest, I think he will play the best possible team from now on. That includes Wzolek, Lua Lua and Yeni.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Still get 150/1 for rangers to be relegated. £4 on that would pay for a season ticket for division 1 if the so called impossible happens.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                              Still get 150/1 for rangers to be relegated. £4 on that would pay for a season ticket for division 1 if the so called impossible happens.
                              I would hope that would pay for two

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                I would hope that would pay for two
                                £10 short for platinum!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X