Gers fans hail Goss as new Pirlo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Jack Robinson's loan would have been a success if he hadn't knackered his knee. Darnell Furlong learnt a lot out on loan as well. Hopefully Eze comes in and does well after a good spell at Wycombe, I have a suspicion we might see about that this afternoon.

For me, the reason our youths never seem to do anything after going out on loan is cos in the past, they haven't been good enough. The system of sending young players out on loan to gain experience makes sense and is a necessary step in their development in most cases.
    Sorry Tarbs, agree with most of what you post but how is Furlong a success story when we are playing anyone with a pair of boots in front of him? Jude the Cat is in line for a game at RWB. From how Robinson has played I would ask why was he ever loaned out anyway. Eze? Let's see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
      I have yet to see anything other than going out on loan being the kiss of death at this club. Who has come back successfully?
      les ferdinand?

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
        les ferdinand?
        I was thinking a little more up to date.

Comment

Sorry Tarbs, agree with most of what you post but how is Furlong a success story when we are playing anyone with a pair of boots in front of him? Jude the Cat is in line for a game at RWB. From how Robinson has played I would ask why was he ever loaned out anyway. Eze? Let's see what happens.
          Just cos the current boss doesn't rate Furlong doesn't make it any less true that he's a better player now than he was before he went out on loan mate!

Comment

According to you al, ollie never plays the youngsters
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Don't think Holloway plays the youngsters much. One or two games each and then forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                According to you al, ollie never plays the youngsters
                Where have I said he does?

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                  Don't think Holloway plays the youngsters much. One or two games each and then forgotten.
                  To date, exactly. Please tell Pinkie......

Comment

Al youve said a few times he wont play the youngsters, & as hes said himself he will be starting to play them more

Comment

Al youve said a few times he wont play the youngsters, & as hes said himself he will be starting to play them more
                      Saying and doing.........treated Shodipo disgracefully.

Comment

What's so harsh about dropping a kid back into the youth set up to develop his game?

Comment

He got injured when he came back al, we dont know what goes on behind the scenes so think youre jumping the gun abit

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            What's so harsh about dropping a kid back into the youth set up to develop his game?
                            Port Vale is better development than us then? Don't buy that at all, even if he hadn't got injured there. Holloway didn't like it that he couldn't defend. He's a bright attacking player with strength and enthusiasm of youth..........but Holloway bases his assessment on the fact he can't defend. Says a lot about Holloway for me.

Comment

Port Vale is better development than us then? Don't buy that at all, even if he hadn't got injured there. Holloway didn't like it that he couldn't defend. He's a bright attacking player with strength and enthusiasm of youth..........but Holloway bases his assessment on the fact he can't defend. Says a lot about Holloway for me.

He is a bright attacking young player, but he still as a winger needs to help out defensively as a team al, bet he`ll play before the season ends, is shodipo playing well in the under 23s al out of interest?

Comment

He is a bright attacking young player, but he still as a winger needs to help out defensively as a team al, bet he`ll play before the season ends, is shodipo playing well in the under 23s al out of interest?
                                Think they are trialling him as a wing back

Comment

Working...
                                X