Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Good news story connected to club why are people moaning

Plus it actually step and access in new new OOC were first ones doing things which in my view helps in event linford stadium don’t come off. More irons in the fire the better #options
    People not "moaning" just questioning why its supposed to be "excellent news" for the fans ?

Comment

For the club and if the club prospers don’t the fans benefit?? Perhaps it’s just polar opposite mind sets

Comment

I am all for my team progressing and having a bright future and if this helps us secure the new stadium then happy days. If it does not lead to a new stadium not sure how Queens Park Rangers Football club benefits. Fingers crossed the Linford Stadium comes through as that would be a good move

Comment

do we benefit from community work we currently do?? Principle is the same it improves clubs reputation which after years of giving it Charlie big balls it’s needed

Comment

Lot more hard cash involved in this project Westy and a good way to claw a chunk of that quarter of a billion that went astrey? I believe we do great things in the community like the recent Game for Grenfell to name just one example.

Comment

Can't say I'm that bothered about this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Lot more hard cash involved in this project Westy and a good way to claw a chunk of that quarter of a billion that went astrey? I believe we do great things in the community like the recent Game for Grenfell to name just one example.
                I agree, I felt very proud of our club that day

Comment

i wonder what the new stadiums name would be? i remember seeing "new queens park" being thrown around before when we were after OOC. i don't really care what the stadium is called even if it was something like the airasia stadium but it'd be nice to have something traditional. i hope the stands are named after club legends this time though

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    i wonder what the new stadiums name would be? i remember seeing "new queens park" being thrown around before when we were after OOC. i don't really care what the stadium is called even if it was something like the airasia stadium but it'd be nice to have something traditional. i hope the stands are named after club legends this time though
                    Ollie's auditorium of dreams?

Comment

Would be madness if the stadiums name isn't be sold, Air Asia Stadium should be first in line imho..

Comment

The naming rights of the stadium will be one way of them getting a lot if not all of their money back that they have wasted so doubt it will be Air Asia. But could be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Work gets underway at Oaklands site

QPR co-chairmen Tony Fernandes and Ruben Gnanalingam last week welcomed Deputy Mayor for Housing James Murray to the Oaklands regeneration site on Old Oak Common Lane, where work has begun on 600 new homes in a joint venture between QPR and Genesis Housing Association.

Full article: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...s-at-oaklands/

All very strange. I'm sure I read about this a week or so ago BEFORE all the reporting about LCS.?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                            All very strange. I'm sure I read about this a week or so ago BEFORE all the reporting about LCS.?
                            I think it's just a case of the club no longer putting all their eggs in one basket - a mistake they've made in the past.

At this point in time a stadium at Linford Christie looks more realistic that OOC but things can change. Right now it would appear that OOC looks more like real estate investment than the chance of building a stadium there. Maybe the thinking is that the funds generated from OOC property can be used to fund building a stadium at Linford Christie, as well as to recoup some of their losses over the last few years. That's just speculation though. Whether revenue generated by Oaklands real estate will belong to QPR FC Holdings or the owners is another unknown too...

Comment

I have to agree that I do not understand why this is good news for the fans. I would love the stadium to be at OOC but does this mean it is more likely? If not, then why post it?

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                                Oaklands or Old Oak Common?
                                It'll probably be the Air Asia Stadium though.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2