• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
    at this moment the fans seem as enthusiastic as the players
    That's not true of the R Block mate.

Comment

Sminky, I have never been one to say you should never boo your own players, I have done it myself with joey, but I just don't, agree about booing TF. He will be hurting like us and has done his bit supporting MH. He has been let down.
      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
        Sminky, I have never been one to say you should never boo your own players, I have done it myself with joey, but I just don't, agree about booing TF. He will be hurting like us and has done his bit supporting MH. He has been let down.
        I know, but he has to take responsibility. Look at it laterally, rolls up to the club lavishes money on large wages on star names but with little thought on how to build a team. Hughes is equally culpable, if not more so but Fernandes enthusiasm whilst contagious should have been tempered with pragmatism. I think Tony is a great guy but he has to accept a level of responsibility for the current situation. The longer Hughes remains at the club the more apparent Fernandes footballing naivety shows.

I wouldn't discount the possibility of fans openly booing Fernandes if he continues to dither over Hughes.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
          "Yes this is exactly what we need... It really helped Blackburn, didn't it..."
          This.

I want Hughes out but at the end of the day Im a QPR fan not an anti-Hughes crusader. Ill still be there in my seat supporting the team, whoever is in charge.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sminky View Post
            I know, but he has to take responsibility. Look at it laterally, rolls up to the club lavishes money on large wages on star names but with little thought on how to build a team. Hughes is equally culpable, if not more so but Fernandes enthusiasm whilst contagious should have been tempered with pragmatism. I think Tony is a great guy but he has to accept a level of responsibility for the current situation. The longer Hughes remains at the club the more apparent Fernandes footballing naivety shows.

I wouldn't discount the possibility of fans openly booing Fernandes if he continues to dither over Hughes.
            Fark that , turning on Tony would be the worst thing we could do - utter ridiculous IMO.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Mr Fernandes

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
              at this moment the fans seem as enthusiastic as the players
              May believe the quote, that there is no such thing as bad publicity. If so, his profile and the profile of his other businesses remains high, however, the publicity may in time prove counter productive in terms of him not demonstrating the need to apply the killer instinct when required. He has share holders to worry about in businesses far more valuable to him than QPR. Sorry if this sounds cynical, but honestly, who knew much about Air Asia before he became the majority share holder. Every reference to him in the press re QPR, nearly always refers to AA as a precursor in the copy. How has owning QPR helped his business empire? We did display our anger with Hughes on SAturday and for the second only time in 10 years do supporting QPR, we left early - the only other time was the first match of the season. Mr Hughes - you are an imposter. Please leave and take your management team with you.:yush:

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Fark that , turning on Tony would be the worst thing we could do - utter ridiculous IMO.
                spot on matty

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Really? Evaluate the situation at the club: Man walks into club with no understanding of how to run a football club. Has ambitious dream. Buys star name players who to be fair have had their best days behind them. Appoints manager who avoids conflict with his players and has little control over players to the point they ignore him. Aforementioned man is not absolved of responsibility. It doesn't matter how incredibly likeable Tony Fernandes is as a person or the goodwill he has for the club, the fans shouldn't blindly accept the farce based on goodwill towards the chairman.

Do I want Fernandes to leave? Of course not. Do I want him to exercise some common sense. Without question. We have essentially built 4 teams in 24 months and its little wonder there are problems on the pitch. With no spine and no clear leader in the side I don't care how nice Fernandes is, he (and Hughes) have made some poor decisions. And if we see Hughes remain until January and more money wasted on the wrong transfer targets I believe even the most myopic of QPR fans will look at Fernandes and question, Why Tony?
                  Last edited by Sminky; 21-11-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sminky View Post
                    Really? Evaluate the situation at the club: Man walks into club with no understanding of how to run a football club. Has ambitious dream. Buys star name players who to be fair have had their best days behind them. Appoints manager who avoids conflict with his players and has little control over players to the point they ignore him. Aforementioned man is not absolved of responsibility. It doesn't matter how incredibly likeable Tony Fernandes is as a person or the goodwill he has for the club, the fans shouldn't blindly accept the farce based on goodwill towards the chairman.

Do I want Fernandes to leave? Of course not. Do I want him to exercise some common sense. Without question. We have essentially built 4 teams in 24 months and its little wonder there are problems on the pitch. With no spine and no clear leader in the side I don't care how nice Fernandes is, he (and Hughes) have made some poor decisions. And if we see Hughes remain until January and more money wasted on the wrong transfer targets I believe even the most myopic of QPR fans will look at Fernandes and question, Why Tony?

You make matter of fact statements. We do not have all the facts that Tony has... You speak as if he's clueless about how the club should be run and I do not see that.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
                      You make matter of fact statements. We do not have all the facts that Tony has... You speak as if he's clueless about how the club should be run and I do not see that.
                      I'm suggesting Tony is naive in his running of a football club. What I see before me at Loftus Road suggests little else. If you think otherwise then make your case but if its just another goodwill endorsement, well that's not really a counter argument.

Comment

it's now time for TF to put his great buisness brain into action ,and start telling a few home truths to a few faces
                        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Working...
                        X