Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vespa View Post
    to all you thinkers ....

maybe the hokey cokey is right , thats what it all really is about ............

My old mucker Tel ,who i teamed with on site decorating with for many years ,always used to say , better to be a happy fool

by that he meant ,just do your s hit ,dont agg over the bigger picture , never met a happy thinker
    Your mate Tel had it spot in in many ways Vesp.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
      to all you thinkers ....

maybe the hokey cokey is right , thats what it all really is about ............

My old mucker Tel ,who i teamed with on site decorating with for many years ,always used to say , better to be a happy fool

by that he meant ,just do your s hit ,dont agg over the bigger picture , never met a happy thinker
      I'm a happy thinker, and you've met me!

I like Tel's Zen style.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        "There are currently seven billion people alive today and the Population Reference Bureau estimates that about 107 billion people have ever lived. This means that we are nowhere near close to having more alive than dead. In fact, there are 15 dead people for every person living."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16870579
        Dammit Hubs! That was my favourite 'fact'......I'm now struggling with the concept of 107 billion dead bodies .....
        Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        The 1800 census shows the population of GB was just under 11,000,000 (inc; 1,100 convicts on their way to Aus) If you was to multiply that fact with every other country, I reckon my old sparring partner Jkc is correct. Plus Hubs is getting his fiction from the fake news BBC
        Cheers for the support Lymes!....I reckon we should still roll this out as a bona fide fact at the pub and just hope that Hubble isn't around......

Comment

Haha - fill your boots Johnny!

Meanwhile, this:

First object teleported to Earth's orbit

Chinese researchers have teleported a photon from the Gobi desert to a satellite orbiting five hundred kilometres above the earth.
          This is achieved through quantum entanglement, a process where two particles react as one with no physical connection between them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science...-earth-s-orbit

Comment

Has Nessie been found? From time to time, I find myself thanking that he or she would be for real..
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Are we living in a matrix?

Food for thought Friday: Computer code discovered in equations describing the cosmos...

Comment

This is fantastic Stan - what we've long discussed/realised/considered - that there is a 'matrix' that it is not the 'whole universe' but a dimension that seems to be predicated upon 'perception - i.e. without the observer, it does not exist, and at the same time, appears to have been constructed and that if we get it is simply a construct - we can leave it. I love the way he says - it seems the film The Matrix is an allegory. Damn straight fella!

Comment

This is fantastic Stan - what we've long discussed/realised/considered - that there is a 'matrix' that it is not the 'whole universe' but a dimension that seems to be predicated upon 'perception - i.e. without the observer, it does not exist, and at the same time, appears to have been constructed and that if we get it is simply a construct - we can leave it. I love the way he says - it seems the film The Matrix is an allegory. Damn straight fella!
                  Indeed so Hubs. Bearing in mind also that the observer and the observed are also both in a constant state of flux/change. Quantum physics has show us that there are 12 units (or essential 'building blocks') which they have so far been unable to break down any further. Interestingly one of them contains no mass or dimensions whatsoever - it's like it doesn't even exist - the only property they've discovered it has is that it is spinning. So we know that even though it has no form at all, it does contain energy. The other 11 all share this same property, in that they all have some form of energy, flow or 'process' - but no actual form of any description.

We also know that whatever form we attempt to verify through scientific experimentation, the very process of observing it is also causing it to change. Furthermore, us the observers are also in a constant state of change. Therefore we know that attempting to verify anything from within our familiar paradigm, maintaining true objectivity becomes a nigh on impossible task - because we are simply portions of the greater whole (the universe), as opposed to being apart / separate from it. Indeed the etymological definition of the universe is 'the undivided turning' i.e. constant movement and change.

The conclusion of all this, for me, is that because we have now established that all form is only 'apparent' and not 'actual', we now realise the futility of attempting to truly define/explain anything in any true and meaningful way. Therefore what then becomes more interesting is simply observing and being fascinated by this constant ebb, flow and change (or wave, as you previously described it); rather than the attempt to explain it. Of course the irony and paradox of this is that, as the inquisitive humans that we are, it will never stop us from trying to explain it through thought and pursuing the storylines we've been taught to follow. These days my attention is more on the former though, I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Has Nessie been found? From time to time, I find myself thanking that he or she would be for real..
                    was up in loch ness a few years ago with my then lover , got up as the sun was setting said to the lovely lying half asleep in the hotel bed , " quick come here and look at this monster"
                    i won't tell u what she said

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      Indeed so Hubs. Bearing in mind also that the observer and the observed are also both in a constant state of flux/change. Quantum physics has show us that there are 12 units (or essential 'building blocks') which they have so far been unable to break down any further. Interestingly one of them contains no mass or dimensions whatsoever - it's like it doesn't even exist - the only property they've discovered it has is that it is spinning. So we know that even though it has no form at all, it does contain energy. The other 11 all share this same property, in that they all have some form of energy, flow or 'process' - but no actual form of any description.

We also know that whatever form we attempt to verify through scientific experimentation, the very process of observing it is also causing it to change. Furthermore, us the observers are also in a constant state of change. Therefore we know that attempting to verify anything from within our familiar paradigm, maintaining true objectivity becomes a nigh on impossible task - because we are simply portions of the greater whole (the universe), as opposed to being apart / separate from it. Indeed the etymological definition of the universe is 'the undivided turning' i.e. constant movement and change.

The conclusion of all this, for me, is that because we have now established that all form is only 'apparent' and not 'actual', we now realise the futility of attempting to truly define/explain anything in any true and meaningful way. Therefore what then becomes more interesting is simply observing and being fascinated by this constant ebb, flow and change (or wave, as you previously described it); rather than the attempt to explain it. Of course the irony and paradox of this is that, as the inquisitive humans that we are, it will never stop us from trying to explain it through thought and pursuing the storylines we've been taught to follow. These days my attention is more on the former though, I must say.
                      Seems Daoism is right on the money then, with a dash of Zen thrown in...

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        was up in loch ness a few years ago with my then lover , got up as the sun was setting said to the lovely lying half asleep in the hotel bed , " quick come here and look at this monster"
                        i won't tell u what she said
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Seems Daoism is right on the money then, with a dash of Zen thrown in...
                          Yes, and some Max Planck too :-) Of course back in the day science and religion were always in mutual accord, Copernicus and Galileo being major exceptions. It's only relatively recently (post-Darwin) that the long-term splits occurred. Dr Gates' computer code matrix discovery is certainly an interesting one though.

Comment

Do crabs think we walk sideways?
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Do crabs think we walk sideways?
                              If you've got them, you might.

Comment

Working...
                              X