At the time, did you want TF to spend the money to keep us up? NO IF's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the time, did you want TF to spend the money to keep us up? NO IF's

Yes or no. Sorry, I meant when he took over.
    Yes
    73.81%
    No
    26.19%
    Last edited by Olly; 29-03-2015, 12:58 PM.

What time? January? Then No from me. We've spent enough.

Comment

Yes.

We all know how important it was likely to be financially, for us to stay up this year.
      In order to stay up a team that leaks 1.8 goals a game needs to be able to score a few themselves.

Charlie can't do it on his own and the board have done absolutely nothing to bring goals to the team for two windows.

Yes Redknapp was garbage and Ramsey is no better but ultimately relegation will lie firmly at the feet of the board.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
        Yes.

We all know how important it was likely to be financially, for us to stay up this year.
        In order to stay up a team that leaks 1.8 goals a game needs to be able to score a few themselves.

Charlie can't do it on his own and the board have done absolutely nothing to bring goals to the team for two windows.

Yes Redknapp was garbage and Ramsey is no better but ultimately relegation will lie firmly at the feet of the board.
        If spending would guarantee staying up then yeh, spend the money. It doesn't tho does it?

Problem is if you spend another 20-30mill and still get relegated. Then what do u do? How do you get rid of these players? What happens if you dont get promotion back to the Premier League? FFP?

Too risky.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
          At the time, did you want TF to spend the money to keep us up? NO IF's
          The question is flawed because it infers a false premiss that spunking more dosh in Jan with yet another elastoplast would have guaranteed survival, when it could just as easily have worsened an already dire situation with further debt, wages and contracts. Also, an untrustworthy manager was in situ at the time. So overall, much too big a gamble for TF, understandably.

Comment

Yes. We needed additional fire power, and defence obviously needed strengthening. TF should have done something.

Comment

No as I don't think the players were available to save us if honest. Everyone wanted Defoe at a silly cost but he has not pulled up any trees at Sunderland

What we needed more then signing was a workable plan and organisation that should have been enough

I personally would not have spent any money at the start of the season and would have just banked the money and cleared the debt and given it a go like Burnley had

Comment

Sorry westy but but we are going to loose money by going down , looking at the crap around us a centre back a striker (didnt have to be Defoe )a mid fielder , I think we could have stayed up seeing as even now our results are not far short of getting points
                Last edited by dogsrrs; 29-03-2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Assuming this post relates to when TF took charge, Yes. Hindisght is a wonderful thing. I think by and large, we were happy at the time with the signings that were made. Personally, I can remember being somewhat excited at the prospect of seeing Remy, Granero, Samba, M'Bia, Julio Cesar, Park etc. in the Hoops. For whatever reason, it hasn't worked. I am by no means a TF fan, but my issue with him is not finanicially related - he has backed every manager under his tenure, perhaps to the extreme.
                  Last edited by surrey_hoop; 29-03-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

No. And at that time I trusted his business competence, like most of us did. But I never thought overspending would help us. Overspending always leads to ruin.
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                      No. And at that time I trusted his business competence, like most of us did. But I never thought overspending would help us. Overspending always leads to ruin.
                      Overspending in the short term is acceptable, as long as a plan exists to recoup the investment. For TF, that is New Queen's Park. If this project comes to fruition, then we'll be fine. If it doesn't, we are completely at his mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                        Overspending in the short term is acceptable, as long as a plan exists to recoup the investment. For TF, that is New Queen's Park.
                        Do your have a rough idea of the likely profit figures? If/when these could actually exceed what they have squandered at QPR?
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

If you buy the right players at the right times, you don't need to spend a fortune. Charlie is one example and the new look Matty Phillips is another.

Hard to believe Redknapp signed them both, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

We should off used the money we got for remy and mutch in January, we could off got troy deeney to help charlie out, instead off relying on a clapt out old banger
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                              Do your have a rough idea of the likely profit figures? If/when these could actually exceed what they have squandered at QPR?
                              Well, I couldn't give you exact figures (I'm not an accountant, and perhaps unsuprisngly have absolutely nothing to do with the project) but it stands to reason from a logical standpoint that holding business seminars, concerts, shopping, other sporting events and numerous other ventures on site will recoup a huge chunk of money - whether it's anything close to £200million or not is anyone's guess. A state of the art stadium in one of the richest cities on Earth equals big money. As I say, Whether the stadium comes to fruition or not is the kicker at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X