Suicide bomber in Cornwall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide bomber in Cornwall

I spent most of the winter arguing with the mrs and kids about where we'd go on holiday this year.
    Being a tight git and not loving the heat of Greece etc I forced them to accept Cornwall. I love it there's and to force the decision I used the excuse that it was about the safest place to go relating to terrorism, dodgy food, etc.
    Not now !
    Cornwall, or Kernow as the locals prefer to call it, now has its own terrorist organisation, the Cornish Republican Army. They're claiming responsibility for burning down Rick Steins gaff recently and have a suicide bomber within their ranks.
    Let's just say work rather than home is a more appealing place to be at the moment.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
    I spent most of the winter arguing with the mrs and kids about where we'd go on holiday this year.
    Being a tight git and not loving the heat of Greece etc I forced them to accept Cornwall. I love it there's and to force the decision I used the excuse that it was about the safest place to go relating to terrorism, dodgy food, etc.
    Not now !
    Cornwall, or Kernow as the locals prefer to call it, now has its own terrorist organisation, the Cornish Republican Army. They're claiming responsibility for burning down Rick Steins gaff recently and have a suicide bomber within their ranks.
    Let's just say work rather than home is a more appealing place to be at the moment.
    Just a bunch of jokers surely...the Cornish Pastie ooh aaar ehhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Love Cornwall - go there all the time - will be there this weekend and next week - wonderful place, like being in another country...

Am I bothered about the CRA? Not really. More fascinated. When I'm there next week I will see if I can dig up a bit more about them. It's often a close knit community down there, but I have a lot of friends who live there, some genuine locals, others long-term residents. The issues the CRA raise are of course pertinent, even if their alleged activities are absurd/naive/counterproductive/dangerous/stupid. They need to try a better methodology.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
        Just a bunch of jokers surely...the Cornish Pastie ooh aaar ehhhhhhhhhh
        Might be joking on the martyrdom front but very serious otherwise by all accounts.
        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Love Cornwall - go there all the time - will be there this weekend and next week - wonderful place, like being in another country...

Am I bothered about the CRA? Not really. More fascinated. When I'm there next week I will see if I can dig up a bit more about them. It's often a close knit community down there, but I have a lot of friends who live there, some genuine locals, others long-term residents. The issues the CRA raise are of course pertinent, even if their alleged activities are absurd/naive/counterproductive/dangerous/stupid. They need to try a better methodology.
          I'd move there tomorrow Hubs, as would the mrs and our 5 year old. The older two who are teenagers wouldn't wear it though.
          Stunning coastline, friendly people and great pubs, restaurants etc.
          Reminds me of Ireland which I love too but the waters a bit warmer in Cornwall !
          Where do you go when you're down there mate ?

Remembe
          Will Danaher

Comment

They are a funny old lot that's for sure and I think they don't view theirselves as English and actually have their own national anthem.?
            "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
            London Pride is a flower that's free.
            London Pride means our own dear town to us,
            And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
              They are a funny old lot that's for sure and I think they don't view theirselves as English and actually have their own national anthem.?
              Wouldn't surprise me about a national anthem, i know they have their own flag.
              Will Danaher

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me about a national anthem, i know they have their own flag.
                I have a pal what wiped his bottom on it after doing a poo when down there for his stag do. I don't agree or endorse that sort of behaviour. He supports Leeds though so .....
                "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                London Pride is a flower that's free.
                London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

I'd move there tomorrow Hubs, as would the mrs and our 5 year old. The older two who are teenagers wouldn't wear it though.
                  Reminds me of Ireland which I love too but the waters a bit warmer in Cornwall !

Remembe
                  love Newquay, lusty glaze beach is beautiful. Live bands on summer evenings with beer and food aplenty mate!
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Remembe
                    One of my best mates lives in Penzance, so that's usually where I stay when I'm down there - love West Penwith! Soft, soft air, big, big sky, the ocean stretching out forever, love it mate. Love the labyrinth of winding lanes that mean no matter how much you explore, there's always somewhere new to discover, down a track, far from the madding crowd... And all those beaches!!

Used to go to Mevagissey when I was a wee lad, still love that place too. I'd say I know Cornwall fairly well, from North to South, Bodmin and the Lizard, I love it all.

Whereabouts do you go mate?

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                      I have a pal what wiped his bottom on it after doing a poo when down there for his stag do. I don't agree or endorse that sort of behaviour. He supports Leeds though so .....
                      Like it. You can take the northerner out of the north and all that.
                      If he managed to do it while the flag was up a pole then fair play to him though.
                      Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        One of my best mates lives in Penzance, so that's usually where I stay when I'm down there - love West Penwith! Soft, soft air, big, big sky, the ocean stretching out forever, love it mate. Love the labyrinth of winding lanes that mean no matter how much you explore, there's always somewhere new to discover, down a track, far from the madding crowd... And all those beaches!!

Used to go to Mevagissey when I was a wee lad, still love that place too. I'd say I know Cornwall fairly well, from North to South, Bodmin and the Lizard, I love it all.

Whereabouts do you go mate?
                        We usually head to a place called Trebarith, just south of Tintagel.
                        Not a fan of Tintagel itself as although the coastline is stunning, it's overrun with walking stick wielding tree huggers who seem to think the mystical powers of Merlin will give them the strength to finally get a job.
                        Trebarith has plenty of rock pools, caves, good surf and a pub up on the cliff to end the day at.
                        It's only 20 minutes across the border from Devon too so can do it in just under 4 hours, a big plus with 3 kids who want to kill each other before we've managed to turn out of our street.
                        I'm hoping to get a vw transporter conversion at the end of the year so the plan is to see more of Cornwall over the coming years, Penzance being one of them. Might even try and learn to surf as part of my postponed mid life crisis, I could watch those guys for hours and it's something I've always wanted to do but never made the effort.

Like Newquay too Van. Obviously a different vibe, especially in the evening, but gets a bad press imo.
                        To try and get my two teens on board with living down there I said we'd live near Newquay so they'd have the social scene etc, still weren't having it though.
                        If they Fu€k off to uni in a few years I'll sell up and head down there with the wife and youngest. Not sure the older two will be pleased when they return to the old house though and there's soneone else living there !
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                          love Newquay, lusty glaze beach is beautiful. Live bands on summer evenings with beer and food aplenty mate!
                          I was just about to post that I love Newquay too, only went when I was little but I loved it there.

Those of you that have never been to Cornwall you must go and see, beautiful part of the UK.

If you happen to go then you may as well go Lands End.

Comment

We have a lovely place in Crantock Village, just a few miles from Newquay.

Best of both worlds with a stunning beach and surroundings, walks aplenty and a short trip into town for something a bit more lively.

We also have the much vaunted annual big bale push, a fun and truly bizarre charity event which brings visitors from far and wide. If you love Cornwall and holiday there in September you should come and see it (second Friday of September each year) or even get involved
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

My old mum was evacuated to Lostwithiel during the war .so we ended up going down there on holidays when i was a kid , ive always had a soft spot for Cornwall since , have to admit as an adult i felt Newquay was to full of p issed up kids for my liking ,but probably just showing my age there .
                              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                              X