No announcement yet.

Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this team are just not good enough , many times tonight you could see ollie trying to get them up , no passion or fight , lack any real leaders out on the pitch . without some fine saves from smithies it would have been 4 or 5

Comment

I'd take his passion any day at the moment. We will come good under him.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        Yes he was responsible for getting rid of Alli and Clint (DOF said it was his decision). Also he refused to play Sandro who played well tonight but after sitting on the sidelines all season is not fit yet.
        He sure was. Which is one of the reasons I so dislike him. I miss my Clint.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
          Appointing holloway was just the cheap and easy option.just don't think he has the tactical nous needed to get the best out of the players. All very well being passionate about the club but that only goes a short way.
          Unfortunately this. To be fair to Olly we're desperately low on quality on the park, but appointing him was the easy option. And a massive risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Long term, no I don't mate. Of course he's a CB by trade. Far more importantly though I think Ollie knows that too.
            Then why play him there yesterday mate?

Comment

We must stand by the manager for sure and I'm convinced Ollie will sort this mess out. The players are to blame imo, but they must be wondering wtf is Ollie all about. Gone from JFH a seemingly a calm and unassuming chap to Ollie, someone who is notorious for his passion. Rabbits in the headlights atm, it will change I'm certain.
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Already seen brain dead morons calling for Ollie's head elsewhere after last night. Surprised it hasn't started properly on here yet.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Already seen brain dead morons calling for Ollie's head elsewhere after last night. Surprised it hasn't started properly on here yet.
                  Incredible isn't it.
                  Support was good at the ground last night though I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    Incredible isn't it.
                    Support was good at the ground last night though I thought.
                    It was mate yea, we were in very good voice.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I personally think we've been a bit unlucky. Definitely an improvement under Holloway

Comment

Tbh even though we lost last night at least our performances have been better than under jfh. At least we tried to string together passes and remain calm rather than hoofing the ball and panicking whenever we get it.

Teething problems atm and it'll come good in the end, we all know how the team can be improved and i'm sure ollie does as well. Ref didn't help at all last night by blowing his whistle like mad at every opportunity like an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          Tbh even though we lost last night at least our performances have been better than under jfh. At least we tried to string together passes and remain calm rather than hoofing the ball and panicking whenever we get it.

Teething problems atm and it'll come good in the end, we all know how the team can be improved and i'm sure ollie does as well. Ref didn't help at all last night by blowing his whistle like mad at every opportunity like an idiot
                          Yes, he was just another s### ref definitely.

Comment

Improvements oh come on mate deep down do you really believe that ? . Yesterday was an absolute shambles from min 1 too min 99 , Hall as a centre midfielder behave mass as a left winger ffs so basically took our best midfielder and stuck him left wing took our better centre half out of position . Plays cherry on the right the bloke a either left winger or no 10 role so yesterday we started with 8 men , yes you can say try something new but when have you ever thought I bet hall would be a great midfielder or mass would make a excellent winger , he then played Sandro would I think he wanted to be box to box but Is so unfit he ended up holding and Hall became box to box , playing mass and cherry wide went they came in naturally central so our formation was 4222 , ok yes we rallied when we scored but they was of panic of wolves and let's be honest smithies kept us in it . I think some are buying in Holloway bull crap talks a great game and brilliant at pointing at his heart and waving his hands but maybe if he picked the right team to begin with then he wouldn't have too scream and shout

Rant over

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Then why play him there yesterday mate?
                              I've no idea but an educated guess would tell me that he wasn't strictly a CM but a DM because we all know that Hall is comfortable with the ball at his feet and carrying it out from defence.

The other reason is that (until the sending off when we were forced into change) we started out in a 4-2-2-2 formation with Hall in the first row of two, which is a system we haven't played before and which maybe IH felt suited Hall in that role, bearing in mind the other players at his disposal. We do know that for whatever reason Ariel is currently out of favour and not even on the bench.

If Hall was less comfortable as a ball playing DM I would agree more with your complaint but he's not. Remember too that he played that position too vs Norwich and did well there too, again until the enforced change; and like I say, he's played that role at his previous clubs so it's not as if it's an unfamiliar position for him.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
                                Improvements oh come on mate deep down do you really believe that ? . Yesterday was an absolute shambles from min 1 too min 99 , Hall as a centre midfielder behave mass as a left winger ffs so basically took our best midfielder and stuck him left wing took our better centre half out of position . Plays cherry on the right the bloke a either left winger or no 10 role so yesterday we started with 8 men , yes you can say try something new but when have you ever thought I bet hall would be a great midfielder or mass would make a excellent winger , he then played Sandro would I think he wanted to be box to box but Is so unfit he ended up holding and Hall became box to box , playing mass and cherry wide went they came in naturally central so our formation was 4222 , ok yes we rallied when we scored but they was of panic of wolves and let's be honest smithies kept us in it . I think some are buying in Holloway bull crap talks a great game and brilliant at pointing at his heart and waving his hands but maybe if he picked the right team to begin with then he wouldn't have too scream and shout

Rant over
                                What are you going on about? Not once did I see Chery or Mass on either wing. Perch and Robinson were. And Yeni when he came on. At least get your facts straight before ranting mate.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2