Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olly please do the decent thing and resign !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    We tried to get Rowett, twice, he didn't want to come here. Tbh it's boring how people keep going on about it on here like the club f*ck*d up. It's also fairly tedious reading the endless round of Ollie out posts in about 52 different guises. We know his limitations - no surprises there - the only surprise is how some people treated his appointment like the second coming, only to then get all disappointed that it wasn't. He's a good man-motivator with limited tactical nous and a strangely inconsistent, maverick approach that sometimes pays off, but more often doesn't. He's a budget appointment for a team on a budget and right now I don't think we can afford anyone better. I reckon he'll keep us up.

Once FFP is sorted, one way or another, then, THEN we can talk about getting a better manager. However, I hold out little hope that the London moanathon will end before that point. Yes, sometimes he drives me mad with his inconsistent, bizarre, stubborn tactics and choices. Yes, he's a bit thick but thinks he's brilliant and his comedy act wears thin, yes, all of that... but then he'll pull it together and we get it right, just about more often than a stopped clock, and it's still better than it was under JFH. Maybe enjoy the good bits and focus on the positives for a change? They are there.
    My god there is a QPR fan out there that sees it for what it is instead of jumping moaning and bleating Ollie out , the whining fans on here are only prepared to see the last twelve months and ignore what's happend over the last three years who would sign JET yeni Borius chery without doing any research on Their backgrounds who would sign the likes of Gladwin Gobern Washington Mackie who would spend a million on perch , any incoming manager would struggle after the way this club has been run , just look any of Naz's posts and see for yourselves the the dross that that is at the club and be honest with yourselves how many of these are good players ?
    Hubble the post of last twelve months mate

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      How am I guessing? I genuinely believe there is no manager out there that would do any better with the same players
      Well that is an opinion, which is what we are all giving on this forum.

Holloway at best is a man motivator but he is certainly not a coach and that is why I and others believe this squad can achieve more.

If this Board and the DoF had a better knowledge of coaches here and abroad they would maybe appoint one to do a better job with the players available.

I have used Rowett (and Lee Johnson) as an example of what a good coach can achieve with a group of players. They both took over struggling sides and lifted them up the table withing a few months.

You can say that IH is doing the best he can with his squad and that no one else can do better etc (I believe there are if you know where to look), but that is just an opinion like the rest of ours. It doesn't make either you, me or others correct or wrong except in the minds of those reading or listening to the views.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Simple question. Do people think Ollie is good enough to manage at championship level these days? If the answer to that is no then there is not even a starting point for trying to argue he should be managing this club.
        In my opinion (which I stated pre-his appointment and on countless other times) No.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
          No it was quite clearly an insane decision to offer him the job along with Bircham and the Hartlepool (!) blokey.... I doubt that trio will rock up at any other club any time soon once they finish here -and I’m sure they know it...
          That's why they won't be resigning any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            I agree with you both.

I know the squad is not great, but it is better than some give credit for.

Yes, history suggested a cup defeat, but it is obvious to practically everyone of us here and those watching the games that Smith should not be a regular starter in matches because he is very static as a striker and encourages hoofball tactics. He is best suited as an impact sub to hassle tiring defenders, yet there he was leading the line against a struggling League 1 outfit and produced next to nothing in the whole game.

He is also probably going to start against Burton on Saturday too.
            He’s got a head like a threepenny bit

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              My god there is a QPR fan out there that sees it for what it is instead of jumping moaning and bleating Ollie out , the whining fans on here are only prepared to see the last twelve months and ignore what's happend over the last three years who would sign JET yeni Borius chery without doing any research on Their backgrounds who would sign the likes of Gladwin Gobern Washington Mackie who would spend a million on perch , any incoming manager would struggle after the way this club has been run , just look any of Naz's posts and see for yourselves the the dross that that is at the club and be honest with yourselves how many of these are good players ?
              I posted my views of disappointment on here about signing most of those players at the time and was often told that I was a pessimist and should support them. Zaz was actually one of those who tried to tell me that they were good signings and wold score goals for QPR!

Comment

I posted my views of disappointment on here about signing most of those players at the time and was often told that I was a pessimist and should support them. Zaz was actually one of those who tried to tell me that they were good signings and wold score goals for QPR!
                No what I am saying is Naz has the player labeled on his posts
                The dross is there for everybody to see
                Last edited by dogsrrs; 11-01-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  Dogsrrs, this is a forum to give an opinion on, no bleating, jumping, moaning, simply giving opinions, just as we all can do. We don't have any control as to who comes and goes that is up to the board but we all have different opinions. Back in the day had we and Fulham fans not stated our opinion, there could easily have been a Fulham Park Rangers, similar to Wimbledon's situation with Milton Keynes :-) I respect Your's, Pinkie and Hubble and Stan's opinions and we discuss them on here, otherwise forum would die.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Dogsrrs, this is a forum to give an opinion on, no bleating, jumping, moaning, simply giving opinions, just as we all can do. We don't have any control as to who comes and goes that is up to the board but we all have different opinions. Back in the day had we and Fulham fans not stated our opinion, there could easily have been a Fulham Park Rangers, similar to Wimbledon's situation with Milton Keynes :-) I respect Your's, Pinkie and Hubble and Stan's opinions and we discuss them on here, otherwise forum would die.
                    If it's not beating jumping moaning whining why only post about the last 12 months why not the last 3years when just numbers were brought in , why not mention that the manager has his hands tied by crappy signings that were here before he arrived ? We all know he's no Jose or peligreeni but he's what we've got along with the majority of players being dross , we are small skit club without a forward line untill punters get that into their heads it is moaning for the sake of it

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      Simple question. Do people think Ollie is good enough to manage at championship level these days? If the answer to that is no then there is not even a starting point for trying to argue he should be managing this club.
                      Think question is more about expectation

Comment

In my opinion (which I stated pre-his appointment and on countless other times) No.
                        This, a thousand times.

Having witnessed the last 14 months, I'm not even sure Ollie is good enough to be a League 1 manager anymore. He'd found his calling at Sky TV. Football has moved on and he hasn't done enough to move on with it!

Comment

• Whose fault is it when we win ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Whose fault is it when we win ?
                            I know you're trying to be a bit clever but law of averages will tell you the worst team in the world will win now & again.

Look at the stats mate. They don't lie. Really is no argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                              I know you're trying to be a bit clever but law of averages will tell you the worst team in the world will win now & again.

Dont think that applied to luxembourg or sam marino
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Not trying to be clever at all. Fact is (on here), when we lose it is Holloway's fault and when we win it is luck or the opposition had a bad day or their equivalent of Messi wasn't playing.
                                Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 11-01-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X