Got another investment tip for you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got another investment tip for you...

Not crypto-currency this time, something very different. A friend of mine has started a distillery in Oxford. I had a look round on Sunday - it's really cool. (Amazing in fact, you should see their stills!) I also tasted some of the rye vodka they make - it was delicious! His name is Tom, he's a smart entrepreneur. They're raising funds to expand through a crowd-funded share issue. I thought some of you might want to take a punt? £10 per B share. I think I'm going to put a bit in.... think it's worth a decent punt.... they could really go places... take a look https://www.crowdcube.com/companies/toad/pitches/Z7NmNl
    Last edited by Hubble; 13-11-2017, 12:12 PM.

:Looked it up Hubbs ,but just to look ,they wanted my email address etc . that put me off
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Seems very interesting Hubs.

Where do they get a Pre-Money Valuation of 10m quid from though? Seems a bit of a bit of a jump from where they are right now........or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Where do they get a Pre-Money Valuation of 10m quid from though? Seems a bit of a bit of a jump from where they are right now........or am I missing something?
        Gosh you sound just like a dragon
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Gosh you sound just like a dragon
          Dunno if that's a compliment or an insult mate!

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
            :Looked it up Hubbs ,but just to look ,they wanted my email address etc . that put me off
            Wanting your email address isn't exactly a crime Vesps! Half the planet knows your email address already mate!

Comment

I don't know mate. But you can contact them and ask any questions you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                Wanting your email address isn't exactly a crime Vesps! Half the planet knows your email address already mate!
                If i met some mate of yours down the pub , you introduced him, we started talking about a possible business deal .......
                then BOOM ..he says ,this conversation cant carry on unless i give him my address ! i`d fu ck him off
                Just like i`d f uck off any business deal over the internet that wanted my email ,before ive even heard their business plan.
                it aint happenning

Comment

If i met some mate of yours down the pub , you introduced him, we started talking about a possible business deal .......
                  then BOOM ..he says ,this conversation cant carry on unless i give him my address ! i`d fu ck him off
                  Just like i`d f uck off any business deal over the internet that wanted my email ,before ive even heard their business plan.
                  it aint happenning
                  Ain't being funny mate, but an email address is public data anyway. You don't mask it every time you send an outbound mail do you?

They need it here because it's a crowd funding site. You need to be a member of the site to review any of the proposals. I joined and haven't been spammed at all.

Comment

Ain't being funny mate, but an email address is public data anyway. You don't mask it every time you send an outbound mail do you?

They need it here because it's a crowd funding site. You need to be a member of the site to review any of the proposals. I joined and haven't been spammed at all.
                    To be honest ,except for coming on here and the odd bit of web browsing ,i dont really have any dealings with computers and very rarely send an email . I have a healthy mistrust of any company who is after details about me ! i may be a bit OTT though !

Comment

To be honest ,except for coming on here and the odd bit of web browsing ,i dont really have any dealings with computers and very rarely send an email . I have a healthy mistrust of any company who is after details about me ! i may be a bit OTT though !
                      Probably is fairly healthy to be honest mate (if a little OTT). Any information online is hackable, and as such is essentially obtainable. Pretty hard these days to avoid it though, isn't it?
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 10-11-2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Aint just computers these days though mate. It's smartphones, tablets, cars, smart tvs...even some modern fridges now! Personal data can be obtained via GPS, browsing habits (with some govs in collusion with ISPs), cookies etc etc. (Re giving out your email address - you can always block them if they start spamming you.)

The market for these new privacy phones I imagine will become big soon, as they prevent any kind of back door hack. John McAfee's one looks interesting, as does his sentinel box.

Anyway, apols for taking the thread off-topic.

Comment

Here you go Tarbs, I thought I'd ask Tom directly, so here is his answer, direct from the horse's mouth:

" TOAD Valuation: Our pre-money valuation of £10m is based on our tangible performance (since launch), our intangible assets and comparisons with other companies that have gone through the same journey / crowdfunding. The valuation was set by a committee of six of our shareholders; and all our existing shareholders have invested in this round based on this valuation.The valuation takes into account that we are now operational, have successfully launched and are past the riskiest pre-launch phase.Current Performance + Intangible Assets = Valuation

Please also note much of the excitement and investment decisions behind investing in TOAD and indeed other craft distillers is based on the future potential – this is best illustrated by the valuations achieved by some distillers after several years of performance. Current performance for the first 3 months we have achieved an average of £50,000 t/o per month including VAT. We of course predict that this monthly figure will grow over the future year as number of POS increase and awareness grows. This gives a predicted annual t/o for first 12 months excluding VAT of somewhere between £500,000 (without growth) and £858,000 (our forecast). Forecast for the first full calendar year (2018) is £1.5m.

Intangibles: We have the following intangible assets that are not valued on the balance sheet but have a strategic value that underpins our company. We have secured the exclusive world-wide rights for distillation (in perpetuity) for five populations / landraces of ancient heritage grain developed by Heritage Harvest Ltd. We have developed and own the designs for two unique stills and have the ability to produce and sell more. We have a licence agreement to produce spirits under the University of Oxford trade mark. We have a collaboration with Oxford Botanic Garden to produce and sell spirits. Oxford Botanic Garden is the oldest in the UK and has 120,000 visitors a year. We have secured a 1/3 of an acre site in Oxford and already secured full planning permission to build the visitor centre with restaurant and bar. We have created a suite of brand assets that have cut through the noise of the sector and have created a recognisable and easily identifiable brand that has strong resonance with consumers. We have secured our brand assets / trade marks (TOAD, “George”, Oxford Rye, Physic Gin).

Our brand has Oxford at its heart and Oxford has world-wide recognition.We have created a unique craft provenance based on populations of heritage grain and bespoke stills that cannot be replicated or duplicated. We are successfully engaging with consumers to get that story across via PR (e.g. BBC Countryfile and the Guardian) and via tours.

Case Studies / Comparisons:

COTSWOLDS: pre-money valuation £10.1m Crowdbank campaign completed Jan 2016 raised £1.0m vs target £500k. Revenue in 2015 £280k.

LAKES DISTILLERY: pre-money valuation £44m, Crowdcube campaign raised over £1m for 2.5% equity in November 2017. Revenue in 2016 £4.10m, forecast in for 2017 £4.60m.

SANTAMANIA (distillery in Spain): pre-money valuation £6.99m, Crowdcube campaign raised over £950k for a 12% stake in June 2017. Santamania was founded in 2013 and achieved £528k sales in 2016, with forecast revenue of £1.2m in 2017.

SIPSMITHS: Beam Suntory are thought to have paid £50m for Sipsmith’s in December 2016, and it is estimated that Sipsmith's had £6.5m turnover at the time.

CURIOUS DRINKS (beer and cider): owned by Chapel Down Wines (Seedrs, completed 17 6m/11/2015) raised £1.749m vs target £1m for 5.88%. Funds were to help expansion via new brewery in Ashford. Pre-money valuation £16m.

THE WILD BEER CO: pre-money valuation £25m, a Crowdcube campaign raised £1.76 vs £1m for 6.58% equity on £2.1m turnover. "

I don't know about you Tarbs (or anyone else reading this), but I'd say that was an excellent pitch.
                          Last edited by Hubble; 12-11-2017, 01:25 AM.

Comment

As they say - turnover is vanity, profit is sanity. Do you what their monthly profit was? Also not sure why they include VAT in their monthly turnover figures, but annual t/o figures he excludes it.

I prefer to keep my portfolio diversified and only invest in funds, but good luck to your mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                              As they say - turnover is vanity, profit is sanity. Do you what their monthly profit was? Also not sure why they include VAT in their monthly turnover figures, but annual t/o figures he excludes it.

I prefer to keep my portfolio diversified and only invest in funds, but good luck to your mate!
                              Decent points mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X