Out transfer policy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out transfer policy....

I think it's pretty damm good lets look at some of the players we have bought in.....

Cerny FREE

Rammage FREE

STEWART FREE

Gorks 250k

Routledge 400k

Buzzacky 500k

Delaney 750k

Connoly 1 million

Vine 1.5 million

Heider 750k

Been the odd bad one but more good than bad.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

why are you so adamant to defend GP, starting thread upon thread on how well everything is running at HQ, does your mate gianni feel threatened by the possible appointment of a homegrown manager who will remove him from his DOF role?
    Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
      why are you so adamant to defend GP, starting thread upon thread on how well everything is running at HQ, does your mate gianni feel threatened by the possible appointment of a homegrown manager who will remove him from his DOF role?
      The facts do speak for themselves though, don't they?

Like Funky said... ''I think it's pretty damm good lets look at some of the players we have bought in.....''

Note, he's not said 'brilliant' or 'sensational' BUT ''pretty damn good''

So, I too agree with Mr F, GP deserves a lot of credit for what he's done, AND I don't think he's been doing bad business in the transfer market.

Just look at another thread here today, on the money Roy Keane's spent!!!! .... and what he got for it!

Comment

Some very good deals in that list and as you say you are right that there are one or two shockers but Paladini has always had to work within a restricted budget.

What GP has to do now is get the best possible deals for the sales of Camp, Cole, Blackstock and Delaney and use that money to bring in the quality needed.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          Some very good deals in that list and as you say you are right that there are one or two shockers but Paladini has always had to work within a restricted budget.

What GP has to do now is get the best possible deals for the sales of Camp, Cole, Blackstock and Delaney and use that money to bring in the quality needed.
          AND....... didn't GP bring in those players too on a bit of a knock down price!

e.g. Camp and Blackstock

Comment

Yeah, come on, Funky, tone it down...

Anyway, why are you only including the trasfer fee; the wages AND the length of contract are key as is whether they passed their medical...

Comment

I never mentioned GP though did I in the original post.

The point that I was trying to make is that you can get great quality players without having to spend big money.

Look how much Forest have spent on fees alone compared to us?

Comment

Originally posted by qprdad View Post
                The facts do speak for themselves though, don't they?

Like Funky said... ''I think it's pretty damm good lets look at some of the players we have bought in.....''

Note, he's not said 'brilliant' or 'sensational' BUT ''pretty damn good''

So, I too agree with Mr F, GP deserves a lot of credit for what he's done, AND I don't think he's been doing bad business in the transfer market.

Just look at another thread here today, on the money Roy Keane's spent!!!! .... and what he got for it!

Yes he has bought in some very good players there is no denying that and as Sirpie says he has bought in some stinkers, but what he also did was effectivley disable us this season by not buying 2 quality strikers, a left back and a decent attacking midfielder, so IMO GP deserves criticism not credit.

Plus Funky's love-in with the QPR board recently just makes me suspicious, maybe times are a changing at qpr?

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
                  Yes he has bought in some very good players there is no denying that and as Sirpie says he has bought in some stinkers, but what he also did was effectivley disable us this season by not buying 2 quality strikers, a left back and a decent attacking midfielder, so IMO GP deserves criticism not credit.

Plus Funky's love-in with the QPR board recently just makes me suspicious, maybe times are a changing at qpr?
                  But again it's how you look at things some people like to be all neagative bitter and full of bile.

I think the board have made some terrible mistakes recently and agree they should have gone out and got a centre forward but some of the other players that have been bought in have been very good signings.

I do believe that this board will get us into the Premier League.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                    But again it's how you look at things some people like to be all neagative bitter and full of bile.

I think the board have made some terrible mistakes recently and agree they should have gone out and got a centre forward but some of the other players that have been bought in have been very good signings.

I do believe that this board will get us into the Premier League.

So do I, but in order to do so they need to appoint a manager who will oversee transfers and give him time to shape his own team. Something they have failed to do thus far.

Comment

You mean like Roy Keane, or the superb job Dowie did at Charlton?

The manager and sporting director should work as a team to identify top targets that could join the club.

At the moment the system that Flavio has in place at QPR is that of a Sporting Director if he wanted to get rid of it appoint a manager that he had confidence in then I'd back that as well.

I do however feel that we have made some very very good signings for relative peanuts.

I'd like LDC to come back he works under that system in Italy had a good relationship with the board and had us playing attractive attacking football.

Many people in this country are against the Sporting Director System but it is used by a number of clubs in europe Txiki Bigiristain is the man who is credited with Barcelona's recent turn around.

Comment

Stewart was 100k

Vine £1m.

Very good deals.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                          Stewart was 100k

Vine £1m.

Very good deals.
                          Thought we got him from from Bradford.

Oh well 100k well spent.

Vine only a million wow great business

Comment

He was on loan at Bradford from a Jamaican club, Harbor View. We got him from them for 100k, though to be fair he wasnt the player he is now back then.

Turned out to be a shrewd deal though.

Comment

Delaney was £580k

Comment

Working...
                              X