X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would rather have keane over wise any day of the week,
    QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Looked v good at Sunderland getting them up but then spent a huge amount of money on v average players. still, think we need a forceful manager to stand up to flavio and they don't come any more forceful than that...

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
        Even better can you imagine the conversation between GP & Keane!

Keane - "We need a striker"

GP - "I've spoken to Base and they have these 2 available"

Keane - What the **** would you and an agent know about football - You can **** right off if you think I'm gonna let you tell me who we are buying you ****.

GP - Flavio, Keano's being nasty again...
        Whats Roys transfer record like at Sundaerland?
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

bout as good as GP's here...

Would make for an interesting clash...
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
            Whats Roys transfer record like at Sundaerland?

Well he managed to oversee transfers that led to promotion at the first time of asking from the very same league we are attempting to get out of.

Does this stat make you feel he is unqualified for the job?
            Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Keane walked out of Sunderland because of relationship problems with the board. How would he cope with Paliadini/Briatore interferance?

Comment

Keane could happen:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-1713504.html

Roy Keane is believed to be planning a return to management in the summer, but Sunderland player Anthony Stokes has expressed disappointment at the reaction of his team-mates to Keane's departure from the club last December.

Stokes, currently on loan at Crystal Palace, had several disputes with Keane following his £2 million signing two years ago but said he didn't agree with the response from some players who were critical of the manager's confrontational style after he had left.

"Some of the things the players said I wouldn't agree with 100 per cent," Stokes said in an interview in today's Sunday Independent. "The way I look at it, you're signing for Roy Keane, you have to know what you're expecting as a player . . . You know he's the way he is. For the players to come out and say those things, I don't think it was as bad as was made out. The lads were saying they couldn't believe it when he went off like this . . . Anyone knows that if you're signing for Roy Keane, he's liable to go off on one. It's in his nature."

Stokes praised Keane's management style for giving the players an "edge".

"I had big arguments with him, don't get me wrong. He had plenty of pops at me where he'd let loose but he never held it against me. He'd punish you, he'd fine you, he'd drop you out of games but then everybody moves on."

Keane tended to come out on top in these discussions, Stokes acknowledges. "I suppose it wasn't really an argument, more like me getting hammered. I guess it wasn't a two-way argument, it was a one-way thing. He's not a man you'd argue with, especially when he's your manager."

Sunderland's fortunes have not improved with the appointment of Ricky Sbragia who is believed to have a more palatable style.

Keane's next destination has been widely speculated on with some suggesting that he may return to QPR, although he would surely have problems with the alleged interference in team matters from QPR chairman Flavio Briatore. Celtic would also be interested if Gordon Strachan was to look for a move.

Briatore has denied interfering in team matters but last week stated the board had been disappointed on two occasions with the team picked by ex-boss Paulo Sousa.

Keane is among a number of candidates mentioned for the job, including Luiz Felipe Scolari and Romario.

'Return' - When was he ever here???

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                  would rather decanio...
                  You are kidding, right? :devil:

Comment

Cork rs - you ever done bird?

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Sousa-QPR.html

Queens Park Rangers are interested in tempting Roy Keane back into football but it is understood the former Sunderland manager is reluctant to join the Loftus Road club at this stage.

The 37-year-old Manchester United legend (right) has had several offers since leaving the Stadium of Light in December but may wait until the summer before returning to management.

Peterborough's Darren Ferguson, former Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari and Brazil legend Romario are among the names linked to the post since Paulo Sousa was sacked earlier this month.

Comment

Working...
                      X