No announcement yet.

Beckford & Lita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big no to Matty Fryatt as he did nothing last season and is not better than what we have, would personally like to see Beckford as he hasn't just scored the goals in league 1 but has shown the skill and aggression needed to progress (similar to Furlong in a way) would also love to see Jason Scotland, but unfortunately i doubt i will see either in a rangers shirt any time soon.

Comment

how old id fryatt????

Comment

don't want to put a dampner on things but why would fryatt come to us? he's just got promoted to our division with a team that has bigger support than us. could be the same for Beckford too. The 2 clubs may also spend more than us too

Comment

Indeed. There could be a lot of toys flying out of prams in the run up to the new season, me fears...

Comment

Cureton did nothing with us in this league but then went to Colchester and look what happened there. All is dependent on the tactics used by the manager and the players supplying the striker. This season we've not had a settled midfield and this has caused more trouble for our strikers then their ability to score. Proven track records are a nice thing to have but are by no means a ............. well you can fill in the blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by leewads View Post
              I hope Flavio gets the cheque book out, if you want promotion you need a couple of great strikers like Wolves (Ebanks-Blake)

If we got Beckford & Lita it would be play offs at least if we keep what we got it will be bottom half.
              keep hopeing unfortunately it aint never going to happen:chill:

Comment

Beckford & Lita are both renowned bad attitude players, but then so was Routledge. If Cardiff stay down what about Chopra?

Comment

Going to get shot down but get Clinton Morrison and Tudgay from Sheff Weds in.
                  For me, best way of going up is 1 up front with Vine and Buz playing off him. Morrison, can rotate with Big Dave for lone striker role. Tudgay can be sub for buz and vine.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    Going to get shot down but get Clinton Morrison and Tudgay from Sheff Weds in.
                    For me, best way of going up is 1 up front with Vine and Buz playing off him. Morrison, can rotate with Big Dave for lone striker role. Tudgay can be sub for buz and vine.
                    Morrison and Tudgay are goal scorers in this division unlike Beckford so good shout. I still like Andy Gray, Priskin, Tommy Smith, David McGoldrick who would all be cheaper than Beckford and a lot less hassle.

Comment

yeah I agree. There are plenty of players out there who will do a job for us at reasonable prices. Better a safe, cheaper bet rather than splashing a lot on someone who may not cut it. Priskin is def a good shout.
                      Morrison, can be a handful like his game at LR this year.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        yeah I agree. There are plenty of players out there who will do a job for us at reasonable prices. Better a safe, cheaper bet rather than splashing a lot on someone who may not cut it. Priskin is def a good shout.
                        Morrison, can be a handful like his game at LR this year.

I've just set a question asking basically the same thing, which is do we go out and buy someone like Beckford and Lita and take the risk that if they get injured then the budget has gone and we have no replacements or do we buy slightly lesser in quality players, which provides the squad strength in depth (i.e. Morrison, Priskin, Gray etc)

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                          I've just set a question asking basically the same thing, which is do we go out and buy someone like Beckford and Lita and take the risk that if they get injured then the budget has gone and we have no replacements or do we buy slightly lesser in quality players, which provides the squad strength in depth (i.e. Morrison, Priskin, Gray etc)
                          Def go with more players and cheaper. We're already taking a risk in thinking that buz and vine are 1) going to stay fit all season and 2) are going to be at same level as before (though Vine is showing signs of this). I presume Lopez will be offered contract? He's pretty vital to us. Maybe one more central mid player though.......wonder how much gudjohnson from burnley would cost if they don't go up?

Comment

WE do need a "in your face" striker.

I do Like Lita, not so sure about Beckford
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Lita will be free, albeit with high salary...

Comment

Working...
                              X