Dont want to leave the R's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
    You keep saying that. Cook was NOT on the bench last night!! NW would rather play 3 defenders in Sh!ttu, Chimbonda & Hall than have Cook on the bench. Says it all.

OK Ok Ric Roc please forgive me he wasn't on the bench but he was v Burnley so he is still part of our SID
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
      OK Ok Ric Roc please forgive me he wasn't on the bench but he was v Burnley so he is still part of our SID
      Not digging you out old your a good poster but I think people just need to accept Cooks shelf life at QPR has unfortunately expired.

When NW is happy to let a player go on loan 'with a view to a perm' Its curtains. Go gracefully & appreciate the time you had with us. Great fella is Cookie just not part of things anymore sadly, that's football.

Comment

Not being sentimental but think Cook can still do a job if we have an injury crisis. I think it's more a case of balancing the books and reducing the wage bill as ours must be astronomical atm!!!
        oldhoop

Comment

If you want my opinion, I think Cook is head and shoulders above Hogan, but I don't see & train with these people everyday NW does & he clearly doesn't fancy him or he'd be involved. He's fit so why is he not featuring?

Comment

He's fit so why is he not featuring?
            Is he match fit though?
            oldhoop

Comment

Is he match fit though?
              Is Miller match fit?
              Is Hulse match fit?

According to plenty on here apparently not.

Comment

ah but there's not quite match fit and not played for a year match fit
                oldhoop

Comment

Most people who want Cook and Rowlands to stay are basing this on what they done in the past for the club but we have moved on and trying to build a better team

We aint going to build a better team going forward if we hang onto players like Cook and Rowlands

They provided there services some years ago and now its time to leave gracefully

Comment

ah but there's not quite match fit and not played for a year match fit
                    Old don't be pedantic mate. Match fit is match fit period.

Comment

If you want my opinion, I think Cook is head and shoulders above Hogan, but I don't see & train with these people everyday NW does & he clearly doesn't fancy him or he'd be involved. He's fit so why is he not featuring?
                      Agreed Ric maybe it is because NW knows that you can't play AT, WR and LC in the same side as we would be in trouble as they are not known for their defensive qualities

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
                        Agreed Ric maybe it is because NW knows that you can't play AT, WR and LC in the same side as we would be in trouble as they are not known for their defensive qualities
                        Very good point Upper.

Thing is Cook is similar in type of player to Hogan but with more quality & end product imo so why would he pick Hogan over Cook & not even have him on the bench? Says it all really.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                          god that post really hurt me a bit.
                          its a hard old world aint it, cook is a top top bloke and a 'true' rangers boy, not like some who say they are cos they have been here for ages and on the payrole.
                          its such a shame and i feel well bad hes getting forced out all the way to sheffield wednesday after all hes done for us.
                          in an ideal world id like him to work alongside gallen or bircham and stay at the club, but i sposse hes still got to play football, and that wont ever be for us, so what else can we do??
                          Agree, how quickly we forget, this youngman handed over 250k to the club, we owe him some bleeding loyality!
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

i think the majority of the board are being at bit unfair to cook and rowlands

both players have never played for teams out side of london and i cant imagine it being for any other reason imo

plus sheff wednesday millwall and palace were the teams interested

hold your hand on your heart all of you as rangers fans, if you were a "qpr"player whom supported qpr

would you want to go play for sheff wednesday millwall or palace ???

maybe im being nieve

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Listen, if you want sentiment watch "Desperate Housewives"

I respect and applaud Cook especially and Rowlands for what they did for the club. But it is time to move on. Playing these players is a backward step and a sign of the decent side we have, that these players can barely make the bench. If they go out on loan/play well for a month or two they may feature in NW plans nearer the end of the season.

Comment

Which again, to be fair, is unlikely in Cook's case as it was a loan until the end of the season from which he would not be allowed to return and play for us again this season.

But massive respect due to Cooky, a legend off and on the field (scored a winner v Luton, that does it for me on it's own !)

Comment

Working...
                                X