Thoughts From Today.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts From Today.......

I think Mahon & Vine were our best players, Routledge was busy, but is the sort of player that needs a right back to help him, Helgusson was an outlet & did OK today, led the line.
    Taarabt, I think he is a showpony & a cheating one at that, plays for himself & not the team: not the sort of player that is going to get us out of this division IMO.
    Vine is a leader upfront & that is what we have been missing, Mahon was a leader in the middle & is a good hustler & a very competent player at this level no matter what some might have you believe, Stewart & Gorkks off leadership at the back although the defence wasnt commanding today.
    We need more leadership in our team, & we saw some today, I would rather take a warhorse over a showpony anyday of the week, its what wins you a lot of matches in this division, not fancy flicks & tricks, no matter how pretty they may be, Cook was involved today & worked hard, but there is still very obviously a fitness issue going on there.
    Vine is such a fantastic player, that he seems to get players heads up just by his presence, I cant really explain it, but just his mere presence on the pitch seems to involve the other attacking players, today wasnt a vintage Rowan Vine performance by any stretch of the imagination, but he is clearly a special player.
    Their player Sodje should have been sent off for what he did to Gorkks, I was right in line with it & if he didnt elbow him, then he definately led with his arm & he should have walked for that, I saw exactly what happened & it was unpleasant.
    Full credit to all of the players today, they could easily have gone the other way after going two nil down, but they stood up & showed a lot of fight & responsibility today, MOTM for me, I would give it to either Mahon or Vine.

cheers for the report mate....sounds like things were a bit better today.

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
      I think Mahon & Vine were our best players, Routledge was busy, but is the sort of player that needs a right back to help him, Helgusson was an outlet & did OK today, led the line.
      Taarabt, I think he is a showpony & a cheating one at that, plays for himself & not the team: not the sort of player that is going to get us out of this division IMO.
      Vine is a leader upfront & that is what we have been missing, Mahon was a leader in the middle & is a good hustler & a very competent player at this level no matter what some might have you believe, Stewart & Gorkks off leadership at the back although the defence wasnt commanding today.
      We need more leadership in our team, & we saw some today, I would rather take a warhorse over a showpony anyday of the week, its what wins you a lot of matches in this division, not fancy flicks & tricks, no matter how pretty they may be, Cook was involved today & worked hard, but there is still very obviously a fitness issue going on there.
      Vine is such a fantastic player, that he seems to get players heads up just by his presence, I cant really explain it, but just his mere presence on the pitch seems to involve the other attacking players, today wasnt a vintage Rowan Vine performance by any stretch of the imagination, but he is clearly a special player.
      Their player Sodje should have been sent off for what he did to Gorkks, I was right in line with it & if he didnt elbow him, then he definately led with his arm & he should have walked for that, I saw exactly what happened & it was unpleasant.
      Full credit to all of the players today, they could easily have gone the other way after going two nil down, but they stood up & showed a lot of fight & responsibility today, MOTM for me, I would give it to either Mahon or Vine.
      Twice in a week I have to agree with you and your report of the game is spot on.

Mahon was the MOTM for me.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
        Twice in a week I have to agree with you and your report of the game is spot on.

Mahon was the MOTM for me.
        Yeah, I think you have to give it to Mahon.
        Real leadership & he pulled us up by the scruff of the neck when we could have quite easily gone the other way.

Comment

i liked taraabt because he ran at sheff wednesday opening them up like a tin of sardines in the first half we seriously should have been 3-1 up before half time.. they did nothing first 45 and we dominated the chances.. second half started slow.. went 2-0 down and then players started to believe more when vine came on.. u felt once we got 1 goal i thought we could take em. we need leadership and passion.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

wish i was there 2day
            WE ARE QPR

Comment

I loved Taarabts move where he beat one man then casually knocked the ball around the last defender....then his shot he dragged well wide....If only he could finish!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                I loved Taarabts move where he beat one man then casually knocked the ball around the last defender....then his shot he dragged well wide....If only he could finish!
                Or Pass!
                Not my type of player in all honesty, fancy skills, but not a team player, a player like Rowan Vine is vastly superior IMO.

Comment

One key factor made the difference today - 4-4-2. Enogh said !

Comment

yes but we can't get too carried away, although its a long time since we took an inferior team apart. some people criticise the team when we're not allowed to play by better teams. wayne's burst that led to vineys goal,between two players who were trying to sandwich him was brilliant
                    Last edited by Olly; 13-04-2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

more like a 4-4-1-1 wasn´t it...?

Comment

Man of the match, Gavin Mahon by a country mile.

Comment

"KLR in visit to Loftus Road shock!!"

Is that 4 games now !?

( Only messing before you go off on one )

Comment

4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1,the players were really comfortable with it.Also what a difference having real width to the side and players running beyond the strikers!

Comment

The movement was very good today, again I think you have to give credit to Gavin Mahon, because he was the one doing all of the so called "dirty work" & delegating in the middle, his passing was also very good today.
                              Mahon is a very competent player at this level & a lot of the stuff that people say about him is just too obvious & lazy, more often than not, the guy does a very good job.

Comment

Working...
                              X