No announcement yet.

Whats in it for Flavio / Bernie & F1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats in it for Flavio / Bernie & F1 ?

When Flavio and Bernie bought into QPR, my immeadiate thought was why?
    An ailing QPR based in Shepherds Bush, with no assets and a debt the size of Namibia,s national GDP.

Was Flavio a closet football fan who wanted to build a dream ?

Was Bernie looking to shell out some millions just for the crack ( and base him self near his beloved Arsenal/Chelski ?

Did they want to show the world what, as businessmen they can do with their magic wands ( Benneton, Renault F1, S####y Eateries etc, etc

Or was there another reason ?

Well they have made themselves comfortable, nice facilities, installed a nice flat screen telly, advertised their mates businesses, and got the odd Celeb to have a look around their new front room...But what have they done for QPR ?

New Superstore, New Badge, a couple of tins of paint raised the profile of the club to gutter level with their meglomaniac running of the management system, upped players wages, Upped the cost of watching QPR......and have set up a four year plan.....

What if........Last year Singapore hosted a highly succesful city Grand Prix, Monaco hosted a succesful city Grand Prix, London....showboated a couple of F1 motors down the street,

I may be miles away but, for a city Grand Prix you need a High profile City, a mayor with vision an area able to hold the cars, pits, media etc you need a dual carriageway system and a vision.......West London a prime area !!! Is it just me or do they already have a foot in the door ???????????: boss:

The streets of london aint wide enough for a F1 race, so wouldnt happen.
    I think they are here to get QPR into the Prem, which would then appeal for them to be sold on.

Like Thakhsin done at Man City, he made a killing on them
    Last edited by HoopDoggyDogg; 11-04-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      The streets of london aint wide enough for a F1 race, so wouldnt happen.
      I think they are here to get QPR into the Prem, which would then appeal for them to be sold on.

Like Thakhsin done at Man City, he made a killing on them
      That's what i think.They gave us the '4 year plan' rubbish to placate us that they were in it for the long term.But their handling of our managers has shown they have no patience and are desperate to get in the Premiership as soon as possible.

Then they will sell us for a profit,and probably move onto another Championship club.

Comment

I dont think they would move onto another club, But when they took over I thought that they are here to make some profit from it.
        Dont think they are in it for the long run, I could be wrong.
        But I think they want to build the club, get into the prem, have a stabile side and then sell for a Profit

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
          I dont think they would move onto another club, But when they took over I thought that they are here to make some profit from it.
          Dont think they are in it for the long run, I could be wrong.
          But I think they want to build the club, get into the prem, have a stabile side and then sell for a Profit
          They are buisnessmen,not football men.Rangers are just another company to be bought and sold for a profit.Look at the things they did like change the club crest?.They have no respect for the history or tradition's of the club.

Comment

History or Tradition? The old crest had only been in existence since 1982!,they are trying to make it look more 'desirable',obviously they are in it for the money,but,I would get the playing staff right before I go out and buy £10,000 chandeliers!! :confused:
            I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
              History or Tradition? The old crest had only been in existence since 1982!,they are trying to make it look more 'desirable',obviously they are in it for the money,but,I would get the playing staff right before I go out and buy £10,000 chandeliers!! :confused:
              Bang on the money, andy!

Comment

Working...
              X