X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    In the Daily Mirror?

If he took over, how would you feel?
    Have you got a link to the Daily Mirror article please ?

Personally, I'd feel Disgusted.

Comment

dodgy character....wasn't he part of the investigation into bribes..or was that his dad or bruv??

just what we need, another smug jock.
      stuart pearce.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        Agree.

Darren Ferguson would not be a YES man, thats for sure.

Though it would stop the bickering on who gets in the players. I'm guessing if he took charge, he would bring in the players.

Hopefully 2-3 from his dad

Ferguson's been quoted on record as saying he'd NEVER accept loan signings from his Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
          Ferguson's been quoted on record as saying he'd NEVER accept loan signings from his Dad.
          Would he accept a character reference from Daddy on his CV ?? lol

Comment

i think the majority of fans would be happy with ferguson, yet realistically why would he want to come to this club, when he is working mircales at peterborough?

Comment

Those who say they wouldn't be happy with him make me wonder who they would accept. I wasn't in favour of Paulo going but now he has got the tin tack think Ferguson would be a v gd appointment. Not sure given our track record we are going to attract anyone better. Wd also rather have an up and coming manager with a rising reputation than a big name has been. My only reservation is, as mentioned above, the scandal. It was him wasn't it, not his brother, exposed in the BBC investigation? And from memory he was banged to rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirsupahoopsa View Post
                i think the majority of fans would be happy with ferguson, yet realistically why would he want to come to this club, when he is working mircales at peterborough?
                Dont be so presumptious, I personally would be absolutely disgusted to see him appointed as QPR manager.

If it did happen, it would be an appointment that has little or nothing to do with football, yet another example of Briatore knowing absolutely nothing about football, strikes me as a media based / "networking" style appointment.
                Football doesnt work like that Mr Briatore.

As for Darren Ferguson NOT being a "Yes" Man ??! lol

Comment

KLR, with respect you haven't explained on what grounds you wd be disgusted. Do you mean because of the scandal?

Otherwise, looking at his record I don't understand how you can say Briatore appointing him wd show he knows nothing about football.

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
                    Would he accept a character reference from Daddy on his CV ?? lol

Definitely accept one from Jason and Dave though!

Comment

Well, according to http://www.soccervoice.com/n090461.htm "QPR have a powerfull organisation and prepare a return to Premier League football. This is something that will be unlikely at Peterborough." Personally I'd prefer him to any of the other currently touted names.

Comment

Agree Stanley, though the story might have a little more credibility if the journalist could spell "powerful"...

Comment

One thing is for certain, good businesses are good at recruiting and retaining quality people. A good business gets a reputation for being a good place to work. If Flavio & Co are such good business people then 'people' are a big blind spot for them.

No promising talent on the management and playing side would consider QPR at the moment.

On the manager's side, if you hire an expert then you should listen to them. Ferguson won't take the job, it'll be an old bloke like Ron Atkinson or Dave Bassett who just want a few more quid to boost their retirement fund and don't care how they are treated.

Comment

Hmmm, yeah I noticed that too Stainrod :bad_smile:

Comment

Footballing wise Darren Fergie has just got b2b promotions (near enough) so he must have half an idea what hes doing you cant discredit that,like him or loath him

Comment

Originally posted by Loneranger80 View Post
                                more worrying is the story in the Sun that the players wanting to leave - i can understand it - but it cant happen!!
                                That is worrying but I'd be happy if Fergie came.

Still doesn't gloss over the treatment of Sousa.
                                Everyday Plumbers Bristol
                                63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
                                0117 239 1217
                                http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                                X