Well done Pete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
    Even a proven manager might not even take us up and you will just see even worse football with more HOOF than anything.

We should of kept Sousa because I don't think anyone else can do any better with our current squad.
    Trouble is, many regarded Dowie as a proven manager -- he got Palace from relegation to promotion in 4 months -- yet look where that ended up.

I think you could have the best manager in the world, but, given that our 4 best players have been out most, if not all of, the season, and the ONLY striker the board were prepared to buy was a crock who failed his medical, AND most player purchases requested by our manager were turned down, I would defy ANYONE to do any better than Sousa, Dowie, Ainsworth, Gregory, Di Canio (drop the rose-tinteds, people).

Like I wrote a couple of days ago, they might as well put one of us in charge -- I'm sure they could find a yes man from amongst our fans.
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
      Are you simple too?
      Do you honestly think any fan could have gotten him the sack?
      Sousa's big mouth got him the sack, combined with the fact our position in the league was lower than when Dowie left us...FACT.
      If you truely believe otherwise, you are more naive than Sousa was for telling fans information that he should have kept within the club.

Telling fans about future signings is one thing, but the sort of statements he made were unbelievably stupid.

Get a grip on life ffs.
      Right, and you personally saw him make these statements then did you? Or are you relying on the word of a first time poster as being 100% fact. he showed you a picture, so I guess it has to be true eh?

I've never said any fan got Sousa the sack. The decision to get rid of him was clearly made a long time ago by the club; see Scott's "Dead Man Walking" comment long before the damning post was made.

But Pete has clearly and obviously been running an anti-Sousa campaign on here for weeks. You can choose to believe that is beacuse it was simply his opinion. Or you can choose to believe that he was spinning propaganda at the request of someone in the club to try and turn the fans against Sousa (a campaign which even 90% of the fans on his own Forum thankfully were smart enough to see through).

You choose what you want to believe and then we can decide who's being naive. Or deliberately obtuse.

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
        Trouble is, many regarded Dowie as a proven manager -- he got Palace from relegation to promotion in 4 months -- yet look where that ended up.

I think you could have the best manager in the world, but, given that our 4 best players have been out most, if not all of, the season, and the ONLY striker the board were prepared to buy was a crock who failed his medical, AND most player purchases requested by our manager were turned down, I would defy ANYONE to do any better than Sousa, Dowie, Ainsworth, Gregory, Di Canio (drop the rose-tinteds, people).

Like I wrote a couple of days ago, they might as well put one of us in charge -- I'm sure they could find a yes man from amongst our fans.

Why, I can think of one name almost immediately.

Comment

Working...
        X