Dexter Blackstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter Blackstock

Well, we keep hearing that PS destroyed Dex, etc., etc. So I thought I would have a look back and compare his time under the sainted Gigi and PS.

LDC (38 games)

19 starts
    11 used sub
    1 unused sub
    7 not in squad

Dex seemed to drop down the pecking order big time when Agyemang signed and Vine was in form, only really getting back into the team after Agyemangs form dropped off and Vine was injured.

PS (24 games)

11 starts
    8 used sub
    1 unused sub
    4 not in squad

Is it just a coincidence that Dex's form dropped off around the time there were lots of rumours on MB's and in the papers that he had signed/not signed a new contract?

Then again I am not in the know, so what would I know....
    A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Nice avatar!

Comment

Haq very interesting stats. For me I watched Pete doing the phone yesterday and I agree with Joe regarding the manager. We should keep Paulo. I don't think many managers would of done alot with this squad and he needs a fair crack of the whip when Buz, Vine and Rowlands are all fit. I also don't think he was helped in Jan as he should of had a much bigger Transfer kitty because early doors it was clear to see we was punching above our weight, while we had good home form. Pete is in his right to ask the question regarding the poor displays and he shouldn't get the harsh stick that he got for bringing up that post. After getting soaked at Norwich I have not been back to loftus road and it doesn't sound like I have missed much. Sousa has made poor tactical decisions and I just hope this season has been a good learning curve, as there will be no 2nd chances for next season if still incharge. Where I do disagree with Pete and Joe is regarding Blackstock. We need to be trying out fringe players like Rose, Balanta and German while also giving games to vine for match sharpness. We need to see if the young lads have the potential to be given a shirt no for being a squad player for next season. Blackstock would just be waisting a starting spot. For me he is not good enough for us to be challenging for a playoff spot. I maybe a minority because many have disagreed with shipping out Blackstock but IMHO he never had the class that Ray Jones showed with the touch control and quality. I do think he is overrated and I think we can't say all 3 managers were wrong to not start him. As was reported De Canio wasn't a massive fan either. We need to look forward not back and for me Blackstock is dead wood and if we can get close to 2 million then that is very VERY good business.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Won't get any arguements from me there, pretty much my view of Dex.

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Thanks mate. Its good to see im not on my own. Just find this whole Dext issue over played and it gives a chance to have a good moan about very little. Arguement will be 'but he is our top scorer', but not being silly I think I would have a chance to being top scorer this season and I have played my whole career at centre back. I just hope we spend the money wisely.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Thanks mate. Its good to see im not on my own. Just find this whole Dext issue over played and it gives a chance to have a good moan about very little. Arguement will be 'but he is our top scorer', but not being silly I think I would have a chance to being top scorer this season and I have played my whole career at centre back. I just hope we spend the money wisely.
            We can but hope....

Comment

Funny avatar

Comment

Working...
              X