Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"We could go up" when did you last truly believe this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We could go up" when did you last truly believe this?

For me, it was when Dowie was in charge. Ok, he wasnt everyones first choice, certainly wasnt mine - but beating Villa, 4th in the league at one point - we were doing well, and the atmosphere was pretty good. I actually had belief we could get in the playoffs, and there wasnt so much booing etc.
    OK so the football we played was about as pretty as Dowies face, but it was probably the only time in the season where we were actually doing quite well and keeping up with the pack. Did we make a mistake in geting rid of him so early?

Before the season started and before we decided we didn't need to buy any strikers, when I was misguided enough to think we might improve the squad so we had a chance to compete !

Comment

When we were 4th under Dowie, I even posted a poll then asking if this is the best we can do, the responses were enthusiastic.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

To be honest the last time I thought we could get promoted back up to the premiership is the season after we got relegated from the premiership. Apart from that we have never looked capable or had/have a team capable of doing it. It was never going to happen this season. I don't even think it will happen next season. But I live in hope. Would rather we took our time and did it properly and had the players that can keep us up there. As opposed to kangarooing up and down the divisions

Comment

before we played Palace.

After all we would have been on 59 points, had we won

Gary Johnson's Bristcl City on 59 points is talking a fighting talk and is still confident.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
            When we were 4th under Dowie, I even posted a poll then asking if this is the best we can do, the responses were enthusiastic.
            I remember that poll and I remember at the time thinking but we've played some really poor sides to get us 4th so why are so many people so over enthusiastic. We were 4th until we lost to Derby but look at who we played and where they are now:

1 09.08.2008 Barnsley - NOW 20th
            2 16.08.2008 Sheffield United - NOW 4th
            3 23.08.2008 Doncaster Rovers - NOW 16th
            4 30.08.2008 Bristol City - NOW 9th
            5 14.09.2008 Southampton - NOW 23rd
            6 17.09.2008 Norwich City - NOW 21st
            7 20.09.2008 Coventry City - NOW 14th

Comment

Sirpiechucker, you're the man. I think you should be given licence to answer all questions. Your stats tells it exactly as it is. Nice one. If there was an applaud smiley I would use it. So you'll just have to imagine yourself getting an ovation.

Comment

after derby away i was quite optimistic, apart from blackpool after it started goin downhill

Comment

always said 10th place finish so never have this season.

Comment

Originally posted by superckat View Post
                    Sirpiechucker, you're the man. I think you should be given licence to answer all questions. Your stats tells it exactly as it is. Nice one. If there was an applaud smiley I would use it. So you'll just have to imagine yourself getting an ovation.
                    Thanks superckat! I think we are all guilty of getting carried away at times and at the beginning of the season people thought that once we had scored 3 against Swindon and 4 against Saints that goal scoring wasn't an issue and that we would storm the league rather than looking at who the opposition were and realising it was such early days.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                      Thanks superckat! I think we are all guilty of getting carried away at times and at the beginning of the season people thought that once we had scored 3 against Swindon and 4 against Saints that goal scoring wasn't an issue and that we would storm the league rather than looking at who the opposition were and realising it was such early days.
                      Yes, sirpiechucker, your statistics are very interesting to read. However, they don't always tell the whole story....
                      Last edited by The Godfather; 07-04-2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                        Yes, sirpiechucker, your statistics are very interesting to read. However, they don't always tell the whole story....
                        They are there to be read anyway someone wants to read them. Of course I sometimes have a particular slant that I am trying to convey but the majority of the time they have no spin on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                          They are there to be read anyway someone wants to read them. Of course I sometimes have a particular slant that I am trying to convey but the majority of the time they have no spin on my part.
                          I wasn't accusing you of 'spin'. I was just making the point that they can be interpreted in different ways and don't always tell the whole story. That is what makes them so interesting. Keep posting them!

Comment

I thought we had a very good chance of promotion towards the end of last season as I thought De Canio was the right manager and he did well. That was the only time I believed that we could go up, however, after his release and the lack of ambition I knew we had no chance this season.

They had the choice of any manager yet that blew that big time... also we needed two decent forwards to score the goals which we also lacked.

Comment

I might be gone in the head but i am always optimistic

Comment

Working...
                              X