Flapping white coats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flapping white coats

I'm not an expert in the field of mental health but I have increasing fears for the wellbeing of some people on this board, constantly fighting about Sousa. We had fantastic sunshine on Sunday but all a few people cd do on here was tear lumps out of fellow Rs fans. Anyone who reads this board regularly is likely to have made their mind up by now so all these exchanges achieve is to antagonise. Broadly there seem to be three groups:
    First, those who have a faith in Sousa that is almost religious - we don't know why we think he'll take us to the promised land, but we know he will. It is admirable, and also a tad naive.
    Second there is a group who has given up on him, is fed up that our season is effectively over and bored by the prospect of a football-less summer without much prospect of a major close season spend up. So it does the next best thing and bays for the return of the Rangers fans second favourite sport: tearing the manager apart. Some of the people in this camp seem to have contacts in the club, which due to the Mafia-esque way in which the club is run has led to suspicions - possibly exaggerated but still understandable - that this is part of an orchestrated conspiracy to undermine the manager.
    Thirdly and finally there is a camp (of which I'm a member) sitting proudly on the fence. We share many of the concerns of camp 2 about Sousa's seemingly strange decisions and are uncertain whether he is "the one", but equally we don't think he should go because a) change for change's sake rarely works b) unless a deal has been struck in private there is no suggestion that the replacement wd be any better c) in so far as you can read the smoke signals Flavio at least played a part in the downfall of Dex, possibly for pretty disgusting reasons and d) by far and away the biggest reasons for our relatively disapointing season has been lack of investment, managerial instability and key injuries, none of which cd be blamed on the manager.
    I hope this summarises the positions. All these are now pretty entrenched. I apologise for going on at length but I re-state them hopefully once and for all so now we are all clear where we stand. Can we please now MOVE ON, because whatever side you are on you will not change anyone else's mind. Let us just get behind the team till the end of the season and then hold on to our hats...

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    I'm not an expert in the field of mental health but I have increasing fears for the wellbeing of some people on this board, constantly fighting about Sousa. We had fantastic sunshine on Sunday but all a few people cd do on here was tear lumps out of fellow Rs fans. Anyone who reads this board regularly is likely to have made their mind up by now so all these exchanges achieve is to antagonise. Broadly there seem to be three groups:
    First, those who have a faith in Sousa that is almost religious - we don't know why we think he'll take us to the promised land, but we know he will. It is admirable, and also a tad naive.
    Second there is a group who has given up on him, is fed up that our season is effectively over and bored by the prospect of a football-less summer without much prospect of a major close season spend up. So it does the next best thing and bays for the return of the Rangers fans second favourite sport: tearing the manager apart. Some of the people in this camp seem to have contacts in the club, which due to the Mafia-esque way in which the club is run has led to suspicions - possibly exaggerated but still understandable - that this is part of an orchestrated conspiracy to undermine the manager.
    Thirdly and finally there is a camp (of which I'm a member) sitting proudly on the fence. We share many of the concerns of camp 2 about Sousa's seemingly strange decisions and are uncertain whether he is "the one", but equally we don't think he should go because a) change for change's sake rarely works b) unless a deal has been struck in private there is no suggestion that the replacement wd be any better c) in so far as you can read the smoke signals Flavio at least played a part in the downfall of Dex, possibly for pretty disgusting reasons and d) by far and away the biggest reasons for our relatively disapointing season has been lack of investment, managerial instability and key injuries, none of which cd be blamed on the manager.
    I hope this summarises the positions. All these are now pretty entrenched. I apologise for going on at length but I re-state them hopefully once and for all so now we are all clear where we stand. Can we please now MOVE ON, because whatever side you are on you will not change anyone else's mind. Let us just get behind the team till the end of the season and then hold on to our hats...
    You make a very good point here sir.
    I would agree that both camps are completely entrenched by this point & little is going to change that, I personally have been very impressed by the manner of the manager & like the way he talks to his players & defends them, in all honesty I have been nothing but impressed by Sousa, all he needs is to be shown a little more respect, he needs to be able to bring in his own players & get down to business with his new squad in a pre-season, it we are still having these arguments in November, then people can start calling for his head.
    We are ALL passionate about QPR, but I fail to see how undermining ANOTHER manager helps anyone ? Did we learn nothing from the nonsense that went on under Dowie ?
    IN SOUSA WE TRUST.

Comment

I agree that the narky comments between fellow fans is over the top and need to be cut out. I agree that there are 3 camps and I believe I'm in camp number 3.

Comment

Working...
      X