Average Attendances Over Each Club's History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average Attendances Over Each Club's History

Borrowed kindly form INDYR's, this is apparently the histrorical average attendances for every club.

Pretty much confirms what we already know (though some don't like to admit it)

Historically we are the 37th biggest club in this country

interesting stuff

Which put us about 17th in the championship
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Interesting to note Fulham, Charlton & Palace all have higher average attendances.

Comment

Fulham used to get 3,000 in the eighties..

Guessing the average ove so many years makes it higher, due to recent success
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Well Charlton pre war was on of the best supported clubs in the country regularly getting 40k+ in the 40's and then 50's.

In 1938 they recorded 75000, though if you speak to Charlton stattos they will tell you it was more like 90000. Charlton use to have a terrace which run along the touchline where the main stand now is. I have heard this was the biggest terrace in the world and in its hey day could hold 40-50000 (Below)??? The Kippax of Main Road could hold 35000.

My old maths lecturer and statician (for real) was massively into football and was fascinated by football attendances. He told me the record crowds in English football were actually in Amateur Football in the 20's (I think) with teams like Dulwich something or another spectated by 90000+, apparently amateur football south of the river was bigger than the professional game back then.

Last edited by W12_Ranger; 15-04-2010, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            Fulham used to get 3,000 in the eighties..

Guessing the average ove so many years makes it higher, due to recent success

Which is the similar to what we use to get at times in the 50s & 60s before the glory days.

Comment

fulham are a club that have been run properly lets just hope we take note
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                fulham are a club that have been run properly lets just hope we take note
                Indeed just look at ther average attendances over this 10 year period, their fanbase is growing and that is a fact.

1997/98: 9,004
                1998/99: 11,387
                1999/00: 13,092
                2000/01: 14,985
                2001/02: 19,389
                2002/03: 16,707 (at Loftus Road)
                2003/04: 16,342 (at Loftus Road)
                2004/05: 19,838
                2005/06: 20,654
                2006/07: 22,279
                2007/08: 23,774

Comment

Ok finally found a website to compare these stats (post war)

QPR http://www.european-football-statist...tnclub/qpr.htm

Fulham http://www.european-football-statist...nclub/fulh.htm

Chelsea http://www.european-football-statist...nclub/chls.htm

Palace http://www.european-football-statist...nclub/cryp.htm

Most interesting stat I find is Palaces in the 80s, could be history repeating itself for them soon???

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                    Well Charlton pre war was on of the best supported clubs in the country regularly getting 40k+ in the 40's and then 50's.

In 1938 they recorded 75000, though if you speak to Charlton stattos they will tell you it was more like 90000. Charlton use to have a terrace which run along the touchline where the main stand now is. I have heard this was the biggest terrace in the world and in its hey day could hold 40-50000 (Below)??? The Kippax of Main Road could hold 35000.

My old maths lecturer and statician (for real) was massively into football and was fascinated by football attendances. He told me the record crowds in English football were actually in Amateur Football in the 20's (I think) with teams like Dulwich something or another spectated by 90000+, apparently amateur football south of the river was bigger than the professional game back then.

I stood at the top of that terrace in a famous 3-2 victory in the cup. 2-0 down Rodney put on a virtuoso performance and turned the game around,:think it all went off at the Charlton end I recall.
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      I stood at the top of that terrace in a famous 3-2 victory in the cup. 2-0 down Rodney put on a virtuoso performance and turned the game around,:think it all went off at the Charlton end I recall.
                      Such was my interest in football stadiums as a youngster my old man took us too a derelict Valley in the late 80s. We climbed in through an old turnstile and had a look around. I remember looking at that terrace in awe, climbing it was an absolute mission.

Comment

Does show the potential this club offers.

many will point to the fact we only had fairly smallest crowds compared to others when last in the premiership, reality football has changed. Being based where we are if the club got it right, ten years down the line we would have more supporters turning up then Fulham.

problem is they need to get it right !!

Comment

W12 your knowledge of stats and the length you go to get them shows no boundaries.Let me be the first to really applaud on that.I hope your profession involves that as clearly you have a talent and if not,well, your talent is wasted.How I earn my living is quite dependant on stats,so can appreciate your talents WELL DONE

now, let me dumb it down for the majority of you on here...
                          What W12 is saying is quite simple
                          How has the man,the scrote,the teflon man Gianni developed our club???
                          How How How???????????????????????????????
                          please discuss
                          From the Hills of Kerry
                          To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

you get any closer to him and you'll be tapping his heart!!
                            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                              you get any closer to him and you'll be tapping his heart!!
                              shut up you Tallaght knacker
                              From the Hills of Kerry
                              To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Working...
                              X