Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My report from yesterday!

0-0

Positives - Clean sheet, we are one of the best team in the league defensively and it is easy to see why! The back four were very good, Connolly and Gorkks especially, won everything in the air. I had had my doubts over Connoly but playing in his proper position it was easy to see why he used to play for Arsenal very calm on the ball and can play football as well as defend. Ramage was solid, Delaney good going forward, OK defensively did get done by Moses a few times. Cerny was top notch again, good saves caught a lot of crosses and corners, not mistakes. My only concerns are, Gorkks needs to be taught how to run becuase he is painfully slow and Delaney needs to learn to defend better.
    Another reason why we conceed so little is that we are so defensive! Legs was very deep yesterday previously it had been Mahon, I would get rid of Mahon in the summer on the basis that Legs played this role very well yesterday breaking up play etc and he is far stronger and quicker than Mahon.

This gives us a problem thought because we have one striker isolated up front, any team that plays 451 as their main formation, and there aren't many especially in this league has to have a very good striker! We dont have, and to make it worse the strikers with even some talent at our club are injured our loaned out! Di Carmine is useless it's not his fault he just isn't very good at footballer, a lof people aren't good at football but then tend to become lawyers, doctors, plasterers, plumbers or some other profession, they don't tend to become professional footballers! How he stayed on the pitch as long as he did is beyond me, taking off Taarabt instead of him?

So we really need a top striker if we are going to play 451 even if we play 442 we will need to sign one but with 451 the quality of the loan striker is crucial and there are very few options availble to us that would be able to perform this role all season effectively enough for us to get promoted from this league!

The midfield yesterday was also very congested, too many time we had two of players nearly tackle each other going for the same ball! Routledge was a good signing but need to be supported better. Taarabt clearly has skill sometimes does a bit too much but he is young and will learn. His feet are superb the one time hwere he beat a defender to the byline in the first half was brilliant and he did it so quick just watching him I couldn't figure out what he had done with the ball!

The midfield five yesterday was two wide players in Routledge and Taarabt, a deep player in Legs and two central midfielders in Miller and Hogan, no-one got close enough in the first half to SDC which didn't help things.

Taarabt seemed to be switched to this role in the second half but I'm not sure he suited it better out wide IMO was better with Vine on ahe works well iin the role but was a bit late by then should have been brought on at half time IMO and we still need a decentr striker for him to play off! I think even Agyemang would have worked well in that game!
    Both teams were pretty poor in quality, too many unforced errors from both sides. Palace were especially poor and were there for the taking IMO if anyone should have won it was us, Taarabt should have buried the chance he had in the second half, if he hits the traget its in! There were a few other half chances, but mainly we have a problem in that we get an opportunity to cross and it was SDC and Cook in the box how many times are there going to bea the defenders to the ball in the air?

In conclusion we need, possibly a left back or Delaney to improve defensively, we need a leader in the middle of the park probably Rowlands next year, we need a top striker, and we ned some who will play just off that striker but this should be covered by Vine and Buzsaky next year!

Wasn't impressed with the display and it was a game we should have won but with players back from injury we aren't a million miles away from being a good side! Still undecided on Sousa but he needs to be given time!

Also is Lopez injured?
Working...
X