No announcement yet.

Dean Parrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the lad does well such a shame we had to sell him.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Not saying the Wintons made any cash but they were certainly involved in the deal

Gianni then said he would explain a bit about the Parrett situation, and launched into a lengthy speech in how clubs had been interested in Dean for a while, that the family had gone to speak to Chelsea and that they had offered £400k at that time, but that the lad didn’t want to go there. In the meantime the club had offered him a contract but he had not signed it, and then Spurs had come in and shown interest and that he (Gianni) had asked for £3m for the lad, which Spurs had refused. Not long after, Alex (Winton) had gone to him, saying that the lad wanted to speak to Spurs, the family were Spurs fans, and as a friend of the family, he was happy to do the negotiations etc.
      Gianni claimed that in the January, the club had received a call from the family saying that Dean wanted to go to Spurs. He went on to say how the club had not wanted him to go but their minds had been made up.
      Harold and Alex at this stage began disputing several things with Alex claiming how the family felt they weren’t wanted because in the November Paladini and Gregory had advised him to sign for Chelsea and therefore were feeling unwanted.
      Gianni responded by saying how the Wintons had told the club that Dean would be able to leave on a free transfer anyway in November 2007 and because of football league tribunal rules, the club would have been awarded between £100k - £200k maximum.
      Gianni then held a letter up to the room, saying this was the letter that showed that the £1m received from the Dean Parrett transfer from Tottenham had gone straight to the inland revenue (this was the letter he had shown me at the last consultation groups meeting); that £1m only had been...

blah blah blah
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
        i thought Alex brokered the deal?

Happy to retract if i'm wrong

He may well have done as the then current board wanted to sell him and he was doing what he probably felt was best for the boy and family. Can't see what the Wintons were doing wrong then if the board had decided to sell him!

Not sure who his current agent is but definitely not any of the Wintons! I wish you stopped putting the first things that come to your head sometimes! Get facts first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
          He may well have done as the then current board wanted to sell him and he was doing what he probably felt was best for the boy and family. Can't see what the Wintons were doing wrong then if the board had decided to sell him!

Not sure who his current agent is but definitely not any of the Wintons! I wish you stopped putting the first things that come to your head sometimes! Get facts first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Alex dislikes me despite never actually talking to me. Ho hum. I wasnt insinuating anything, I thought it was a known fact that they brokered the deal so, who am i to know that he's changed agents?

If the case, maybe he should go back to them - as they did a pucker deal it seems with the spuds.

Comment

Not saying the Wintons made any cash but they were certainly involved in the deal

Gianni then said he would explain a bit about the Parrett situation, and launched into a lengthy speech in how clubs had been interested in Dean for a while, that the family had gone to speak to Chelsea and that they had offered £400k at that time, but that the lad didn’t want to go there. In the meantime the club had offered him a contract but he had not signed it, and then Spurs had come in and shown interest and that he (Gianni) had asked for £3m for the lad, which Spurs had refused. Not long after, Alex (Winton) had gone to him, saying that the lad wanted to speak to Spurs, the family were Spurs fans, and as a friend of the family, he was happy to do the negotiations etc.
            Gianni claimed that in the January, the club had received a call from the family saying that Dean wanted to go to Spurs. He went on to say how the club had not wanted him to go but their minds had been made up.
            Harold and Alex at this stage began disputing several things with Alex claiming how the family felt they weren’t wanted because in the November Paladini and Gregory had advised him to sign for Chelsea and therefore were feeling unwanted.
            Gianni responded by saying how the Wintons had told the club that Dean would be able to leave on a free transfer anyway in November 2007 and because of football league tribunal rules, the club would have been awarded between £100k - £200k maximum.
            Gianni then held a letter up to the room, saying this was the letter that showed that the £1m received from the Dean Parrett transfer from Tottenham had gone straight to the inland revenue (this was the letter he had shown me at the last consultation groups meeting); that £1m only had been...

blah blah blah

If the club where you have grown up has decided they want to sell you and you are only 15, do you think the family would have wanted any old random agent and there were loads after him wanting to represent him or would you want someone who you would know and trust to broker the deal to get the best for you?

I know if I had a 15 year old son who had an amazing talent in football and I didn't know how football contracts worked I would want someone close to me to arrange the deal.

At the end of the day Dean did not want to leave QPR but the board at the time knew they had to pay off the the Inland Revenue and this was partially helped by the Parrett deal. Once the board had decided to sell Dean then it was down to him to arrange where he should go. I think given our history with Chelsea and the great respect that his mum and dad have for QPR fans he would never go there. Given that he grew up in north west London and not too far from Spurs plus his dad was a Spurs fan an dthe club have a good track record of playing good English players it was felt that his best move was to go there. In hindsight, probably a good decision. He has already made his debut. He would not have done that probably had he gone to Chelsea. He was never going to go to Arsenal because of the Spurs connection.
            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

blah blah blah
              Alex dislikes me despite never actually talking to me. Ho hum. I wasnt insinuating anything, I thought it was a known fact that they brokered the deal so, who am i to know that he's changed agents?

If the case, maybe he should go back to them - as they did a pucker deal it seems with the spuds.

The Wintons are massive QPR fans and have been for years. They helped us when we were in serious sh1t. They put their money where their mouth is when no one would help us. I know who I would believe.

Comment

Cant disagree with anything you've just said mate.

My limited experience of Alex wouldnt want him anywhere near me but thats an aside.

Good luck to the kid is all I can say. He's a lot of pressure on him just because of his price tag - a lot of pressure thats unfair for a young boy.

Comment

Cant disagree with anything you've just said mate.

My limited experience of Alex wouldnt want him anywhere near me but thats an aside.

Good luck to the kid is all I can say. He's a lot of pressure on him just because of his price tag - a lot of pressure thats unfair for a young boy.

Why have you two fallen out? You should never let side issues affect the bigger picture. Remember Alex and his family are big QPR fans!

Comment

Oh I dunno. Over lots of things. He didnt like something or other i said about Harold a few years back and then thought I was being anti-sematic just as i thought what israel were doing in the latest illegal incursion was well OTT etc etc. Think he or Harold tried to actually get me banned at some point which Nico sorted out for me.

Like, I said, never met the bloke but ho hum. Heh, we can be QPR fans and disagree big time. Just look at ***** from indyrs, 80% of QPR fans disagree with him but, that doesnt stop me wanting to give him a big hug and a sloppy kiss. Same as Pete, a hell of a lot on here disagree with him but it wouldnt stop u having a pint with the bloke would it

Comment

Fair enough. Good thing about message boards. You hear lots of rumours then it's down to individuals to decide who you believe.

Comment

Working...
                      X