Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, we have a striker issue. Who's fault is that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, we have a striker issue. Who's fault is that?

If it's Gianni's, well, I'll coat him off for it.

Why didn't we buy another striker? Or loan one?

Is it down to money? Or availability?

Both Dave and Vine have been out, we signed HH (who most thought was a good addition). We had Dex and SDC fit....but PS stuck to one up front. Did he not think (considering Dave and Vine due back) that we needed another?

Did someone think we didnt need another striker? Did someone think we couldnt get another decent stiker??

Thoughts????
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Who knows? Do you Scott? Does anyone really know?

Comment

cant blame Sousa for this one(not saying you are),he had said he wanted to bring in more strikers,but couldnt,WHY,i suppose owners would not cough up,so thats the answer

Comment

Nope!

I know I don't. Thought it worth discussing though..lets face it..for a year (nearly) we've all been crying out for a damn striker!

Comment

Well you are meant to be in the loop - you tell us. What is indisputable is that after the Reading away game loads of people on this board said we need two decent strikers if we are to get promoted. We got what we thought was one decent striker - Helguson - and later got rid of another - Dexter. All this blame game ultimately has to stop and someone at the higher echelons of the club needs to take responsibility and sort it out so we are not faced with the same debacle next season.

Comment

ps: apologies Scott - wrote this prior to seeing your reply.

Comment

Maybe Flav and GP thought it pointless as Vine would be back (later than expected obviously!), SDC, Blackstock, HH and Balanta would be sufficient?

They probably expected more goals form midfield as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                ps: apologies Scott - wrote this prior to seeing your reply.

Thats cool mate.

Heh, I'm a non BS person. GP is a mate and I trust him..however, if he's bodged up i'd tell him..i've no quams (sp) about that.

I just cant understand why we wont give balanta etc a chance. FFS we cant score...give the kids a chance?

Who would you rather upfront in the next game in a one up front situ? SDC or Balanta?

Comment

Dame Judi Dench...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                    Thats cool mate.

Heh, I'm a non BS person. GP is a mate and I trust him..however, if he's bodged up i'd tell him..i've no quams (sp) about that.

I just cant understand why we wont give balanta etc a chance. FFS we cant score...give the kids a chance?

Who would you rather upfront in the next game in a one up front situ? SDC or Balanta?
                    i would try hogan up front...he has pace and aint scared to have a shot or take a man on

Comment

We've needed a decent striker for over a year. However since pre season we have acquired about 13 players SDC and Helguson being 2 forwards out of that 13. We just don't see to have focused on the key positions. The striker issue is far from being sorted. Sousa isn't doesn'and according to some people shouldn't be allowed, to pick his own players. Therefore fault lies with GP.

Comment

Originally posted by superckat View Post
                        We've needed a decent striker for over a year. However since pre season we have acquired about 13 players SDC and Helguson being 2 forwards out of that 13. We just don't see to have focused on the key positions. The striker issue is far from being sorted. Sousa isn't doesn'and according to some people shouldn't be allowed, to pick his own players. Therefore fault lies with GP.
                        Stop talking sense, man, those 'ITK' will spin you out of existence! We've needed strikers since the start of this season and those in charge of recruitment (NOT the manage as far as I can see) have decided that recruiting 2,314 midfielders is the right thing to do.

Still, I've had a Chat with Paladini and Briatore's agent (I work in business so I have these contacts(!)) and theytell me that everything is Sousa's fault and that I MUST get my message across on this messageboard. Don't panic, guys, Flab and Gianni will be our management team next season - f'in A!!!

Comment

Buzsacky came back then got injured a big big loss

cook came back and was rubbish, if the cook that came back had been the same one we sold dex would have been 25 plus by now and we woulld be sitting pretty

i dont remember many being over the moon with helgesun, another typical GP striker signing, injury prone with a poor appearance and goals per season record

January was the opportunity to redress the balance and we screwed it up, blame for that if you want to lay it must go to whoever chose helgesum or restricted the budget to make helgesun the only real choice.
                          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

although ive spoken to gianni he is very good at protecting flavio hes never in my company slagged him down si ill give my own thoughts on the striker issue
                            it seems that no player can be bought for more than one million pound so i feel that maybe the players gianni has tried to buy were priced out of his range
                            im only guessing about the one million pound that is based on matt connolly being a one million pound player

Comment

Cook is not rubbish.

I'm guessing some managers get the better from players than others.

Ince/Allardyce
                              Vega/Redknapp
                              Curbishley/Zola
                              Adams/Hart

peteg You enjoyed the last few games?
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X