My view of match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My view of match

As in most of our matches this season, plenty of effort (good work rate) but with no end result.

Most played okay, with standouts being Cerny, Gorkss, Connolly, Ramage, Leigertwood and Ephraim. Worst performance, for me, was Miller. He ought to be playing for his future whether that be here or back at Sunderland.

Vine only had half a dozen touches, but that is maybe to be expected - not likely to throw himself around the pitch just yet. Had a great reception when he came on.

Taarabt was quiet.

The biggest disappointment was in the set pieces. Free kicks and corners were absolutely shocking. A lot of our passing was also wayward, but we did play some decent football, often starting or ending with Hogan.

Extremely poor referee!

My summary.........Decent work rate, not enough skill.
    Last edited by Minty; 04-04-2009, 08:18 PM.
    Be nice to Minty

Originally posted by Minty View Post
    As in most of our matches this season, plenty of effort (good work rate) but with no end result.

Most played okay, with standouts being Cerny, Gorkss, Connolly, Ramage, Leigertwood and Ephraim. Worst performance, for me, was Miller. He ought to be playing for his future whether that be here or back at Sunderland.

Vine only had half a dozen touches, but that is maybe to be expected - not likely to throw himself around the pitch just yet. Had a great reception when he came on.

Taarabt was quiet.

The biggest disappointment was in the set pieces. Free kicks and corners were absolutely shocking. A lot of our passing was also wayward, but we did play some decent football, often starting or ending with Hogan.

Extremely poor referee!

My summary.........Decent work rate, not enough skill.
    Agree with you, setpieces were shockingly bad, I would reckon about 80% of our corners / free kicks today didnt beat their first man! unbelievably bad!
    I remember a couple of minutes from the end I finally blew my top, Cookie went for goal from a free kick almost by the byeline! there was about 5 people in the box waiting for the freekick! Cookies goalscoring record for QPR is pathetic, no other word for it, why was he going for goal from almost the byeline, it was hardly subtle either, Speroni clocked what he was going to do the same time as me.
    There is no end product, by that I dont just mean goals, I mean balls in to Danger areas, or good quality crosse's.
    Poor!

Comment

that shows the manager is at fault he dosnt know how to organize free kicks or corners because he isnt a manager he should never have been given the job

i hope now people will accept that i was right to start a campaign against sousa

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
        that shows the manager is at fault he dosnt know how to organize free kicks or corners because he isnt a manager he should never have been given the job

i hope now people will accept that i was right to start a campaign against sousa
        It's not the managers fault if the person taking the free kick cant beat the first man with his cross / shot / etc.
        that is just basic lazyness / lack of concentration / technique.

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
          It's not the managers fault if the person taking the free kick cant beat the first man with his cross / shot / etc.
          that is just basic lazyness / lack of concentration / technique.
          i wouldn't bother mate...never known an individual to have so much hate and not be able to back it up with intelligent input.

Comment

Agree about Miller - don't know how some normally quite reliable judges can lump him in with Lopez, who for me is a different class.

Routledge also seems to have been brought down to our huff and puff level a bit, whereas when he first came to us he was on fire.

Comment

we missed lopez today.i a short time he has become a pivitol player for us.
              His delivery from a dead ball situation was sorely missed today.

Comment

KLR,
                when you state:

"I remember a couple of minutes from the end I finally blew my top, Cookie went for goal from a free kick almost by the byeline! there was about 5 people in the box waiting for the freekick!"

Are you referring to the whipped cross that Gorkss failed to get his head to by about 6 inches which if he had would almost certainly resulted in a goal ? Or did I miss something ?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Agree about Miller - don't know how some normally quite reliable judges can lump him in with Lopez, who for me is a different class.
                  Lopez is a completely different class to Miller.
                  Miller doesn't seem to have the bottle, physical presence, skill OR vision that Lopez has.
                  He also doesn't seem to be able to bring players into the game, or even show any awareness that they're there.

My worry is that, as he's Sousa's player, if Sousa goes, so will Lopez.
                  That would be very, very sad.
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Agree Swanley.

BTW Brighton, plse cd you replace your aviator of Flavio in informal dress with Scott's one of him fully covered - it maybe rubber but its better than all that fat flesh. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      KLR,
                      when you state:

"I remember a couple of minutes from the end I finally blew my top, Cookie went for goal from a free kick almost by the byeline! there was about 5 people in the box waiting for the freekick!"

Are you referring to the whipped cross that Gorkss failed to get his head to by about 6 inches which if he had would almost certainly resulted in a goal ? Or did I miss something ?
                      Cookie blatantly went for goal from a stupid angle when there was about 5 in the box, so yes, we are talking about completely different things.
                      Cook is 100% finished, the required fitness levels & aggression is not there anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X