Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    stainrod, I would agree.

But, in this case Flavio is miles and miles away. Picking one up front must be Sousa's decision for this and many other games. Rumour is Sousa is his own man and Flavio tries and goes through Ainsworth.

Sorry, I could say that Flavio interferred with Dowie, but in general he does not with Sousa.
    just dislikes some of the players

Comment

If Sousa does go, then I'd expect De canio to come back. All his personal problems have been sorted.

Hopefully Sousa can sort out his problems with Flavio, otherwise I can see him leaving.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

If Sousa does go, then I'd expect De canio to come back. All his personal problems have been sorted.

Hopefully Sousa can sort out his problems with Flavio, otherwise I can see him leaving.
        imagine the 2 of them working together...now that would be a team

Comment

That 4-5-1 looked pretty attacking against Bristol City and Swansea.
          And we have some very good attacking mids more than capable of getting into the box and scoring goals.
          Today, it would have been hard to see where he could have got 4-4-2 from -- Balanta and Di Carmine together? Two 19 year olds? No.
          A non-match-fit Vine for 90 mins? From what I saw of him in the reserves, doubt he'd last more than 45 mins of a competitive match at first team level.
          So how could he have played 4-4-2 today?
          Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Well in that case Pete I take your word for it and it does raise questions about Sousa. But it still doesn't excuse Flavio leaving him with no strikers. If you, me or anyone on this board had been manager for today's game we all wd have faced the same impossible situation - a squad of pretty good players but no one available who can actually score a goal.

Comment

Sousa can only pick the players at his disposal do you think it is his choice to have no quality forwards at the club.If he is not in charge of the transfer policy its a tad harsh to blame him if the players underperform.

Comment

Seems to me the slightly mad fans blame gianni, the really mad ones blame paulo. meanwhile, the puppet master - flavio - escapes every time...

Comment

EYR

Blackstock V De Carmine

Who has played most games under Sousa?
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

EYR

Blackstock V De Carmine

doesn't really matter...none of the strikers have really done an outstanding job when picked:waaaht:

Comment

EYR

Blackstock V De Carmine

Well i dont have the stats to hand but Blackstock has scored more goals we all know that.But Sousa is First Team Coach and if hes not impressed with DB or feels DB is not right for the team/system or whatever then he is well within his rights to drop or sell him is he not?

Comment

DiCanio coming back wd certainly increase the entertainment factor, but it wd smack of going round and round in circles. We have all grown a bit misty eyed - even me on occasion - remembering some of those great performances but his reign was also marked by some terrible capitulations, letting in endless goals five minutes into injury time. My concern about him wd be that he would give us back some flair but at the expense of the discipline, defensive meanness and greater fitness that we have acquired. what we need is to keep all the boring dowie stuff and join it up with the fun di canio stuff - easier said than done, I realise.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          DiCanio coming back wd certainly increase the entertainment factor, but it wd smack of going round and round in circles. We have all grown a bit misty eyed - even me on occasion - remembering some of those great performances but his reign was also marked by some terrible capitulations, letting in endless goals five minutes into injury time. My concern about him wd be that he would give us back some flair but at the expense of the discipline, defensive meanness and greater fitness that we have acquired. what we need is to keep all the boring dowie stuff and join it up with the fun di canio stuff - easier said than done, I realise.
                          what about dicanio and sousa together?

Comment

The problem is, if we did not have Gianni at the club you would not have a scapegoat.

The same old, same old.

Sousa is a great speaker and I'm not saying Gianni is best for the club, but many of you put personal agendas before the club.

In any other case, you would be giving Sousa stick, but because you want to blame someone else its convenient to blame one man.

Gianni Paladini does not pick DE CARMINE to be lone striker versus Crystal Palace.

I'm not saying Flavio is not at fault, but if you think Sousa will get us promoted next season, you must be completely blind.
                            A few things:

1. No personal agendas. I want GP removed as Sporting Director. I don't care what position he is moved to, but I believe he has no qualifications to decide what players are best for us to move forward, although I would say he deserves to stay on in some capacity as he did organise the takeover and kept us going through some bad times.

2. I am not a great fan of Sousa so far, but again, if someone else is deciding what players he has at his disposal then it aint his fault. If he is still in charge come pre-season, hopefully he can bring in who he wants and if he fails after 10 - 15 games, then boot him out.

3. For reasons GP is being blamed, see 1.

4. To make a statement that 'we are all blind if we believe PS will get us promoted', is at best nieve and at worst insulting our intelligence. Your opinion is based on what 'facts' (a word you like to use).

PS has not had a pre-season to work with these currect players, let alone players he may wish to bring to the club (if allowed by GP) and let's not forget, Flavio and GP knew PS had no previous managerial experience, so would it not prove once-and-for-all that if they sack him now, or at the end of the season, they both have no idea of what running a football club is all about.

Why was it O.K for LDC to manage us when he had no 'Championship' experience, yet not PS? LDC's record was slightly worse than PS's after 22 games, so why is bringing him back going to make us 'promotion' material?

You have said on many occasions that you deserve to have your own opinion, so why don't you forget that GP is your source/friend and stop this propaganda war and tell us 'your opinon', not someone elses.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackMafia View Post
                              A few things:

1. No personal agendas. I want GP removed as Sporting Director. I don't care what position he is moved to, but I believe he has no qualifications to decide what players are best for us to move forward, although I would say he deserves to stay on in some capacity as he did organise the takeover and kept us going through some bad times.

2. I am not a great fan of Sousa so far, but again, if someone else is deciding what players he has at his disposal then it aint his fault. If he is still in charge come pre-season, hopefully he can bring in who he wants and if he fails after 10 - 15 games, then boot him out.

3. For reasons GP is being blamed, see 1.

4. To make a statement that 'we are all blind if we believe PS will get us promoted', is at best nieve and at worst insulting our intelligence. Your opinion is based on what 'facts' (a word you like to use).

PS has not had a pre-season to work with these currect players, let alone players he may wish to bring to the club (if allowed by GP) and let's not forget, Flavio and GP knew PS had no previous managerial experience, so would it not prove once-and-for-all that if they sack him now, or at the end of the season, they both have no idea of what running a football club is all about.

Why was it O.K for LDC to manage us when he had no 'Championship' experience, yet not PS? LDC's record was slightly worse than PS's after 22 games, so why is bringing him back going to make us 'promotion' material?

You have said on many occasions that you deserve to have your own opinion, so why don't you forget that GP is your source/friend and stop this propaganda war and tell us 'your opinon', not someone elses.

Some good points.

I dont agree with them all but, nice to see intelligent debating going on.

I completely agree with PS's championship knowledge v.s LDCs. Neither really, on paper, have a scooby i would have thought?

So, you're right, the argument about PS lack of knowledge is a false one.
                              Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

To be fair I do like to rant on, even when I have nothing to actually say! I got very bored half way through writing that!

Comment

Working...
                                X