Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Problem as far as I can see it.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Problem as far as I can see it.......

Too many showponys & not enough warhorses.

Apart from Damion Stewart, there is a very obvious lack of leadership at the moment, no one takes responsibility.

By Showponys, I mean players like Taarabt, Routledge, Cookie & Hogan.

I actually like Hogan, & there was one moment today, where he apparently got hit in the face over near the East Paddock where I was sitting he went off the pitch & sat down, waiting for the physio & this was in the 89th minutes at 0-0! I shout out to him, come on Hogan, your not dying are you ? He must have heard, because he walked back on the pitch just before the physio reached him.

Atmosphere ? Well, there wasnt any, worst atmosphere I've ever seen at a London derby.

Cook is 100% finished.

Taarabt missed when it was easier to score, I think he is just another showpony & we have enough of them already, we need warhorses, not prettyboys who start crying at the merest hint of physicality.

As for the usual *****s singing Dexter Blackstock songs & booing Di Carmine, embarrassing *****s, I know most of them are under 18, but still, low intelligence thresholds.

Liam miller, complete nothing player, whats the betting weve already signed him ?!

No one was terrible, no one played well, bit of a nothing match really.

We need to sort the fullback thing out once & for all, did anyone see the little palace fullback who dealt with Routledge all afternoon ? thats what a fullback looks like, not Damien delaney, although he wasnt bad today, he ISNT a Fullback, Ramage actually looks like the only one in our squad who can get away with playing fullback.

All of these problems, the lack of balance in the squad, the lack of width, the lack of goalscoring threat is much much more the blame of Paladini, why should the manager get the sack for Paladini's mistakes ??

Always the same at Rangers: 1 step forward, 2 steps back, are we ever going to progress ?? Are we a laughing stock ? Do others take us seriously ??

That's it for me this season, mediocre day out today, but at least I got a bit of Sun.

We have a lot of problems, we are not run properly as a football club, things need to be sorted out behind the scenes now otherwise we will be having exactly the same conversation in 12 months time.

your so right mate. and i bet we are having the SAME conversation NEXT year !!!!!!!!!
    WE ARE QPR

Comment

Could not have said it better mate.

Great post.

Comment

Some points I agree with, some I don't, but the jist of what you are saying is understood.
        My old man said be a Rangers fan, I said,......OK.

Comment

Well said KLR. We haven't really moved on much from this time last year. Not sure we would have moved on much in a years time either. The stability and setting foundations to enable a promotion push for next season, hasn't happened.

Comment

klr that was a good post damien stewert is our most important player
            so why did the worse manager at loftus road in the last fifty years drop
            stewert yesterday
            you yourself said earlier that all the free kicks and corners were all over the place
            again thats the manager
            next season with a differant manager watch us get promotion
            and realise that gianni paladini cant be given abuse if the team arnt doing well

im afraid its down to paulo sousa who now even lies to a radio show because he wants to get the sack because one million pound pay off is very nice thank you very much

klr me and q block pete have met gianni and he is for real
            hes bout eleven top players
            but sousa dosnt know how to try out players in differant positions
            i would try eiphram and ainsworth as attacking full backs
            i would try stewert as a uncompromising lump up front
            but sousa cant do anything hes incapable

Comment

I say bring back paul furlong!
              HERE BEFORE THE MONEY..AND HERE AFTER ITS GONE!

Comment

Agree with the sentiment of the post but totally disagree about slating Taarbat; IMO he is probably the best fotballer in a QPR shirt I've seen in nearly 15 years and is better than Buzsaky make no mistake. An absolute joy to watch and I for one do not get frustrated when it doesn't come off for him, I'm just grateful we've got him on loan.
                Last edited by W12_Ranger; 05-04-2009, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
                  klr that was a good post damien stewert is our most important player
                  so why did the worse manager at loftus road in the last fifty years drop
                  stewert yesterday
                  you yourself said earlier that all the free kicks and corners were all over the place
                  again thats the manager
                  next season with a differant manager watch us get promotion
                  and realise that gianni paladini cant be given abuse if the team arnt doing well

im afraid its down to paulo sousa who now even lies to a radio show because he wants to get the sack because one million pound pay off is very nice thank you very much

klr me and q block pete have met gianni and he is for real
                  hes bout eleven top players
                  but sousa dosnt know how to try out players in differant positions
                  i would try eiphram and ainsworth as attacking full backs
                  i would try stewert as a uncompromising lump up front
                  but sousa cant do anything hes incapable
                  Fact of the matter Dex, is that the vast majority of QPR fans want rid of Paladini, not Sousa.
                  The guys credibility is non existant, his position is completely untenable
                  I hate to mention Intelligence levels again, but other conclusion can one draw about someone that wants to replace Sousa with DARREN FERGUSON other than they have a low IQ ???
                  Some people should be ashamed of themselves for this none to subtle campaign to save the skin of that scumbag & blame it on the manager, ashamed to call yourselves QPR fans, you've marked your cards & not in a good way either.
                  Things are not Hunky Dory at the club, far from it, but sacking the manager is not progress, this manager has done nothing to warrant being sacked, he became QPR manager last November, it is now April, do you understand ? Do you get it ?

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                    Agree with the sentiment of the post but totally disagree about slating Taarbat; IMO he is probably the best fotballer in a QPR shirt I've seen in nearly 15 years and is better than Buzsaky make no mistake. An absolute joy to watch and I for one do not frustrated when it doesn't come off for him, I'm just grateful we've got him on loan.
                    Of course its all about opinions, but I disagree with that, I think he's a showpony, Vine & Buzsaky have end product & are mature players, know when to pass, shoot, cross etc.
                    Taarabt isnt a bad player, best player at Rangers in 15 years ?? I think you getting a bit carried away there mate in all honesty, he's no John Spencer, let alone a Vine or Buzsaky & he's not the sort of player that gets you promoted from this division IN MY OPINION.
                    Not trying to start an argument, he's obviously a talented boy, but he's got a lot to learn, like when to get his head up & play a simple pass, we already have loads of players Routledge, Hogan, Cookie, who come from the same school of thought as Taarabt, personally I dont subscribe to that view of football, I think its all about quick passing, not running around trying to get a few ooohhs & ahhhs from the crowd, football is a team game.
                    All just my opinion, I'm not trying to belittle your opinion my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
                      Of course its all about opinions, but I disagree with that, I think he's a showpony, Vine & Buzsaky have end product & are mature players, know when to pass, shoot, cross etc.
                      Taarabt isnt a bad player, best player at Rangers in 15 years ?? I think you getting a bit carried away there mate in all honesty, he's no John Spencer, let alone a Vine or Buzsaky & he's not the sort of player that gets you promoted from this division IN MY OPINION.
                      Not trying to start an argument, he's obviously a talented boy, but he's got a lot to learn, like when to get his head up & play a simple pass, we already have loads of players Routledge, Hogan, Cookie, who come from the same school of thought as Taarabt, personally I dont subscribe to that view of football, I think its all about quick passing, not running around trying to get a few ooohhs & ahhhs from the crowd, football is a team game.
                      All just my opinion, I'm not trying to belittle your opinion my friend.
                      How old is the lad 19 years, even redknapp rates him as the most skillful player at Spurs with a value of 8/9 million. Honestly KLR for someone who has been to a grand total of 3 games this season I feel you are belittling my opinion. Had you been at the previous 2 home matches you have seen Taarbat destroy Swansea and Bristol City (he was relatively quiet yesterday). Yes he is raw and has a lot to learn but Taarbat can cut the mustard at Premiership level already i have no doubt about that, can Vine (26) or Buzsaky (27)?

I remember a young C.Ronaldo getting dismissed in the same way by Utd fans and fans alike in the same way you have dismissed Taarbat as being a show pony. I have a funny feeling Taarbat will etch his name in the same hall of fame as erm...John Spencer during his career, so for now enjoy the ride becasue the lad is sheer class.

With the right coaching I have no doubt Adel Taarbat can become a world beater, he is that good! Lets hope Morocco make the World Cup because it's the sort of stage that can propel a young skillful international player into the limelight.

Makes me laugh really typical QPR fans dismissing a talent like Taarbat despite the years of fodder we have been served up down Da Bush!

Comment

klr a very emotive post from yourself,i agree i dont have your intellegeance level but that dosnt mean you know more about football just because your more intellegeant
                        brian clough wasnt a brain box but he could get into peoples minds
                        thats what management is all about
                        its not giannis fault he has assembled a reasonable squad on the budget he
                        was given
                        but if brian clough was still alive and at qpr he could get damien stewert playing striker and scoring twenty goals a season
                        but thats brian clough the man that could walk on water
                        we need to find another clough
                        paolo sousa is another wilkins ive almost got him kicked out the club and i am planning to go up the club and have a talk with gianni before the end of the season
                        and i expect a verbal agreement that sousa will be blown out

Comment

Stopped reading when you slated Taraabt. Are you actually blind!

Comment

I said Taarabt is a good player, but he's a showpony.
                            People could say that Aaron Lennon is worth £10Million but I wouldnt, because what end product do you get for that money ??
                            He's not my sort of player, we already have too many showponys at the club, Vine & Buzsaky have got the skills, but they play for the team & have end product as well.
                            I think for you to say that taarabt is the best player you have seen at rangers in 15 years you are getting a little carried away with yourself there, also it would be wise not to belittle the achievements of John Spencer, a player who played successfully for Chelsea & Everton in The Premiership, Taarabt hasnt achieved any of that yet, so lets go easy on the plaudits, he's got potential, but he's got a lot to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
                              I said Taarabt is a good player, but he's a showpony.
                              People could say that Aaron Lennon is worth £10Million but I wouldnt, because what end product do you get for that money ??
                              He's not my sort of player, we already have too many showponys at the club, Vine & Buzsaky have got the skills, but they play for the team & have end product as well.
                              I think for you to say that taarabt is the best player you have seen at rangers in 15 years you are getting a little carried away with yourself there, also it would be wise not to belittle the achievements of John Spencer, a player who played successfully for Chelsea & Everton in The Premiership, Taarabt hasnt achieved any of that yet, so lets go easy on the plaudits, he's got potential, but he's got a lot to learn.
                              I couldn't care less about John Spencer, maybe that was last time you were a regular at HQ ad that's why you are getting carried away by throwing his name about.

Since the days of that famous Gerry Francis team has past us by I've seen the likes of John Spencer, Peter Crouch, Rowan Vine, Akos Buszaky and the most naturally talented player I have seen in a QPR shirt is Adel Taarabt. He is pure class and I'd be very surprised to get him on loan next season. Undoubtably he has a lot to learn but to dismiss his final product is simply a load of bull. His running and trickery unlock defences and he is always looking to slip a killer pass through a packed defence. He's corners left a lot to be desired yesterday but the lad can make a pass and the work rate is there as well - at least whilst he is interested at the moment.

I was sitting with my father against Bristol City and turn to him after Taarabt turned about 3 defenders inside out and ask him if I was getting carried away. He responded with no chance and the lads that sit around me all agreed that this player is a bit special. At the start of the season everyone got a bit carried away with Ledesma but we were surfing a wave of optimism with high hopes for the season. Taarabt is different he is built like Ronaldo, is strong, 2 good feet, quick, strong, sublime skills and an eye for goal - what more do want? So he loses the ball sometimes pulling of a few tricks who cares, when was the last time you see a player do what he can do playing for Rangers??????

I disagree with your 'lets wait and see what he achieves' attitude before we decide how good he is as well. Players like Taarabt are not 10 a penny and therefore they need to be nurtured in the way Fegurson took a raw Christiano Ronaldo and turnt him into the best palyer in the world before they amount to nothing. I'm not saying Taarabt is the new Christiano Ronaldo but what I am saying is open your bloody eyes and stop trying to strike a controversial note by dismissing one of the most exciting players to don the blue and white hoops in donkey years!
                              Last edited by W12_Ranger; 05-04-2009, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X