Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimately the squad is NOT good enough......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimately the squad is NOT good enough......

People can bang on about our injuries but our inability to even make the play offs this season has shown that our squad is not good enough. All clubs get injuries but too many bad signings, decisions from the board have cost us a realistic chance of going up. Next season I think will be much harder. Unless Paladini brings in some real improvement to the squad then I fear another season of similar success.

This season has been one of the most unfulfilled ever. I just haven't enjoyed it. I was really buzzing last season but I just can't wait to get this season out the way.

We know we are crying out for a striker who can score GOALS. Why doesn't Paladini realise that! If he does, then we might have a chance of going up next season. If he has a budget then he might have to seriously think about putting most of it on someone decent and not someone like Adebola!

GOALS win GAMES!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
    People can bang on about our injuries but our inability to even make the play offs this season has shown that our squad is not good enough. All clubs get injuries but too many bad signings, decisions from the board have cost us a realistic chance of going up. Next season I think will be much harder. Unless Paladini brings in some real improvement to the squad then I fear another season of similar success.

This season has been one of the most unfulfilled ever. I just haven't enjoyed it. I was really buzzing last season but I just can't wait to get this season out the way.

We know we are crying out for a striker who can score GOALS. Why doesn't Paladini realise that! If he does, then we might have a chance of going up next season. If he has a budget then he might have to seriously think about putting most of it on someone decent and not someone like Adebola!

GOALS win GAMES!

You ain't wrong mate...

Any 3 from Hull, Sunderland, Pompey, Stoke, Blackburn, Newcastle, Middlesbrough and West Brom will be joining us, all of which have a far superior squad than us.

I don't think you can blame Paladini for the lack of a top striker though. He can only try for players within the funds given.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Not really blaming Paladini. I want him to realise that rather bringing in load of average players which has happened since last Januray use as much money as he can to bring some quality. Quality rather than quantity. The list is endless about the amount of average players that have come in during the last year. Only a handful have been really good.

It's well documented that we won't spend much this summer. But goals win games, I just wished he used his budget more prudently / wisely rather than making very expensive mistakes like that of Gary Borrowdale!
      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

does every member have to post one of these threads
        i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

westsussexranger,
          It's a topic of discussion and happens accross all boards, QPR or otherwise.

Dave,
          I know what you're saying mate. It's frustrating to say the least, but we have signed some very capable players and unfortunately missed out on plenty more. I too wish we'd sign some higher calibre players to soften the blow when I have to part with my hard earned cash.

It's not like I'm asking for the world...Just a good reliable consistant keeper, Better full backs and a class striker. 4 players is not a lot to ask for, don't you think?

Also another decent left winger and a backup striker to put the icing on the cake. It's obvious the areas we need to address, so I can't understand what the hold up is.

The thing that gets me is that recently we have been putting all our eggs in one basket, ie Ben Watson. We missed out and didn't even have a backup option.

I just hope we use the transfer and loans markets wisely next season by getting players who are able to fill these slots, not potential players who look good after 4-5 games,, then tend to get found out.

Comment

All clubs have injuries true but unfortunately we have had three of our most influential players out for nearly the whole season, and not many clubs in this league could sustain that.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
              All clubs have injuries true but unfortunately we have had three of our most influential players out for nearly the whole season, and not many clubs in this league could sustain that.

Exactly, take Ebanks-Blake, Kightly and Iwelumo out of the Wolves side and they wouldn't be sitting pretty at the top now.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                You ain't wrong mate...

Any 3 from Hull, Sunderland, Pompey, Stoke, Blackburn, Newcastle, Middlesbrough and West Brom will be joining us, all of which have a far superior squad than us.

I don't think you can blame Paladini for the lack of a top striker though. He can only try for players within the funds given.
                Depends really. Often you see a relegated side/squad decimated by the class players leaving. For example it has been said of Newcastle that they will lose up to 11 players. They then have to essentially rebuild from scratch. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRMendoza View Post
                  Depends really. Often you see a relegated side/squad decimated by the class players leaving. For example it has been said of Newcastle that they will lose up to 11 players. They then have to essentially rebuild from scratch. IMO.
                  Granted, but the difference being is that they will invest as their owners would be serious about automatic promotion. Add that to the fact most of their reserve/youth squad are better than our 1st team...They'll be out of this league straight away!!!

Comment

I said this before and will say it again.

IF THIS SQAUD WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO GET INTO A PLAY_OFF SPOT,

Then I;m a scotsman
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      I said this before and will say it again.

IF THIS SQAUD WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO GET INTO A PLAY_OFF SPOT,

Then I;m a scotsman

You best get your kilt on then mate.
                      Ridiculous statement considering out current position in the league.
                      We need a striker, another winger and at least proper LB before we can claim that.

Comment

Hello McPete
                        "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                        QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                        Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                        Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Okay.

How many of the Sheffield Utd, Burnley, Preston, Bristol City, Swansea players would get into our team?

I posted Swansea the other day and I was given 2-3

We mention Adebola and get lambasted.

All those players play in teams above us.
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            Okay.

How many of the Sheffield Utd, Burnley, Preston, Bristol City, Swansea players would get into our team?

I posted Swansea the other day and I was given 2-3

We mention Adebola and get lambasted.

All those players play in teams above us.
                            No Pete...You were given 3/4 that I wanted...There are another 2-3 who would get into our team.

Besides, Swansea aren't good enough either...Where are they?

Burnley have a few CLASS players, as well as good...FACT
                            Preston...Ok, not many.
                            Bristol City have a few, but they play well together as a team and a very good manager...We don't.
                            Sheffield Utd have a much better squad than us, and agin play well as a tema and also have a better, more experienced CCC manager in Blackwell.

Comment

Our squad is unbalanced in key areas McPete - anyone can see that, get in a sporting director with proper experience (if we are to adopt that model) and address the problems with the squad. Until then we are a mid table team with a mid table squad and that is an improvement on the last few years but unlikely to get any better.

Interesting thread on .org about the problem with our current sd/squad set up....
                              "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                              QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                              Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                              Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Working...
                              X