Southampton & Our ST Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southampton & Our ST Prices

With Southampton on the verge of going into administration, it does make you wonder if our owners have got it right with ST prices (also staying at Loftus Road for the time being).

Maybe we should just accept that Flavio and co really are just trying to make the club sustainable. That is, after all, what they keep telling us.

I'd rather be us than Southampton right now, eh lads?
    Be nice to Minty

The problem is most of us know that if the ST's were better organized, such as the Loft being Silver and Bronze, the we would actually have several thousand more people in the ground and therefore more revenue for the Board plus better support for the team. More people at LR would mean more money spent in the ground as well. Not rocket science.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
      The problem is most of us know that if the ST's were better organized, such as the Loft being Silver and Bronze, the we would actually have several thousand more people in the ground and therefore more revenue for the Board plus better support for the team. More people at LR would mean more money spent in the ground as well. Not rocket science.
      This

Comment

True.

I guess it's a case of the Chicken and the Egg.......Do we pack the ground out in the hope of ticket prices coming lower, or do the board set prices lower to attract more fans?

It's a standoff between fans and board, really. I am just grateful we aren't Southampton, to be honest.
        Be nice to Minty

Comment

Agree with Minty.

i'd rather be us than Southampton. Incredibly difficult to make a football club financially secure
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

The club should lower the prices and get more fans in the ground. Get the feel good factor back at Rangers. No one I speak to these days enjoys going to HQ. Once we start doing well then gradually increase the prices. Not raise the prices so significantly for a poor product. And stop making expensive mistakes like signing people like Borrowdale! Too many expensive mistakes over the last few months. No wonder the club need our money!
            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Actually, the prices @ Southampton were the start of their downfall. Their board raised them to breaking point, losing huge numbers of their old fan-base due to them not being able to afford tickets, then as soon as they weren't quite performing to the standard expected the newer fans stopped renewing ! Obviously, the situation has got worse since Rupert Lowe returned, and by the time the club started to do offers to get the crowds in their previously loyal "customers" had found other ways to spend their saturday afternoons !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooped67 View Post
                Actually, the prices @ Southampton were the start of their downfall. Their board raised them to breaking point, losing huge numbers of their old fan-base due to them not being able to afford tickets, then as soon as they weren't quite performing to the standard expected the newer fans stopped renewing ! Obviously, the situation has got worse since Rupert Lowe returned, and by the time the club started to do offers to get the crowds in their previously loyal "customers" had found other ways to spend their saturday afternoons !!!
                Really?

I thought it was down to the new ground. I think I read yesterday that they have £27.5 million debt, of which around £23 million is from the new ground.

Perhaps it's a bit of both....new ground = higher ticket prices to pay for it = fans stay away = debt doesn't get paid.

As an aside, I found out today from a Saints supporting customer of mine that Rupert Lowe lives in the neighbouring village to me. But, then again, Chris Wright (The Chris Wright) lives in the village the opposite direction! Help, they're everywhere!!
                Last edited by Minty; 02-04-2009, 02:33 PM.
                Be nice to Minty

Comment

It's more about servicable debt. When they got the new ground they knew they had to get a certain number of fans in each week to cover the payments, etc. Then those in charge decided they could make a few quid off the back of the fans by charging them more, and giving themselves a nice juicy pay-rise to boot (i think 250% and 280% increases in salary, for the chairman and vice-chairman, over 4 years have been mentioned down here). Massive price hikes in their last year in the Premiership were followed by a "price-freeze" the following year (after relegation to the CCC). That alone tells a story.

Comment

saints new ground £30m followed by takeovers and then relegation...
                    they owe £23m with a £4.5m loan as well....

where has the crouch and walcott,dex and kenwyne jones cash gone??

we are in massive debts, the figures will be interesting...abc now to amulya and we have 1 yr now to pay up £8M
                    a new loan against the ground, unannounced yet registered at companies house??
                    the overhauls and £10k chandeliers etc....

football as a business needs a long look at itself, as manyclubs are in debt and surely some close to the brink?
                    bury? notts cty? we were in dire trouble a few years back, how close were we??

Comment

Working...
                    X