Vieri anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vieri anyone?

Found this article linking us with the former Italian striker. I fear that at 35 he is not the answer we have all been crying out for.....might have some truth though as he would be free and we all know Mr B likes that word "free".

http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=149683

:horror:
    rangers 'till I die!!

hes amazing. would be happy if we signed him.

Comment

hmmmm

wouldnt do worse than what we`ve got i suppose?
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Oh dear. Much as I love the "idea" of Christian Vieri (and I really do - one of my all time favourite players), the reality of the current Christian Vieri is somewhat different. Overweight, carrying several knee injuries, high maintenance, cannot run and hasn't played anywhere near enough match time to warrant even looking at.

Comment

You saying that`s a yes then Nodge !

Comment

I would honestly prefer Dele Adebola. Vieri is not the same player that he was five years ago and why would Atlanta be so eager to release him if he was any good anyway?

His salary would cause the same effect as Beckham's did at LA Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
              I would honestly prefer Dele Adebola. Vieri is not the same player that he was five years ago and why would Atlanta be so eager to release him if he was any good anyway?

His salary would cause the same effect as Beckham's did at LA Galaxy.
              To true

The vieri of old was fantastic , nowadays he's lost it

Comment

Originally posted by Power40 View Post
                To true

The vieri of old was fantastic , nowadays he's lost it
                If we were a free spending team with lots of quality strikers at the club then I would have an issue of signing Vieri as some sort of PR campaign to boost shirt and ticket sales. The problem with Vieri is that his wage demands would wipe out our entire summer budget for a player who is the shadow of himself.

Comment

He's finished 100%
                  Maybe 3 years ago we would be talking but definately not now.
                  Used to be a great player, probably would have done brilliantly in England as well.
                  he's an Aussie as well lol.

Comment

Past it

Comment

Would love him, old or not he will be better than what we have
                      @chrisrobson9

Comment

He maybe well past his best but this would be a bit of a coop and hopefully be a stsrt of other big names who would come to W12!!
                        Figo, Zidane to mention 2 before linked with us would have also raised our profile.

He would score goals at this level for sure.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

a few years ago he was voted the worst player in italy. well past it now

Comment

Originally posted by Cambs Hoops View Post
                            He maybe well past his best but this would be a bit of a coop and hopefully be a stsrt of other big names who would come to W12!!
                            Figo, Zidane to mention 2 before linked with us would have also raised our profile.

He would score goals at this level for sure.
                            But as I've already said how much will he demand in wages? Would this wage demand create tension between him and the rest of the team? Would this wage demand mean that we have no money for any other new players?

A good Vieri would never come to us a bad would but would still want paying. I think we already pay enough for our tickets but to pay for someone who has got fat and lost it is not worth it.

Comment

No, sorry did anyone see him last year in the UEFA cup ??
                              over weight and very slow and is a target man at best now.

Comment

Working...
                              X