Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our most prolific striker available for Sat is......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see SDC or Blackstock being at the club next season, neither are good enough. Loaning out Blackstock will be a good move if Forest stay up and as a result buy him for a million or so.

Compare our strikeforce to those in the top 3 and its embarrassing.

Squad may be on a par or not far off some of the teams in 4 place onwards but they have something we don't and that is stability, a manager that has been allowed to build a team over a period of time.

When did our fans turn into spoilt children expecting promotion immediately, expecting wins or draws every game. Get real people

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
      If they had to use someone who is not a striker, Ainsworth would be the best option. He would close down the defenders making them make mistakes, chase everything even lost causes (remember Ray Jones goal at Southampton), he would use his strength to hold the ball up, he would win 99% of headers and in general beat every defender up (remember West Brom's left back Robinson on the last game of the season).

If Bambi could offer the above, he would still be at W12 me thinks.
      Did Dex not sign an autograph for you?
      You seem to hate him?

Saying Ainsworth would be better up top is hillarious. Dex is far better in the air than any midfielder or striker we have at the club. Don't get me wrong...I like/rate GA, but headless chicken come into mind.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

BennyBoy - I wrote "If they had to use someone who is not a striker........." in response to other people posting things like Stewart should play up front etc, but you don't mention them ?. If it makes you feel better, none of our strikers are worth a toss at the moment and that's why me are a mid table team.

Comment

gareth ainsworth up front is a good shout,hes good in the air and brave and can finish...i would give him a chance in front of de carmine

Comment

BennyBoy - I wrote "If they had to use someone who is not a striker........." in response to other people posting things like Stewart should play up front etc, but you don't mention them ?. If it makes you feel better, none of our strikers are worth a toss at the moment and that's why me are a mid table team.
            Apologies for the mis-reading.
            You do seem to hate Dex though.

Personally, I think he's better than he get credit for. The lad scores. It's what a striker is paid to do.

All the rest are ok for certain things, but none are capable of scoring regular.

We need an out and out striker, but I'd keep Dex, Pat and Vine as they can all add something.

Comment

has anyone explained why Blackstock was left go with Helguson now out as well?

Comment

BennyBoy - I do not hate dexter, I just dont think he is good enough for a team looking to get into the top six of the Championship and it's kinda backed up by the fact he is currently on loan at the team 2nd bottom not 2nd. Pat and Vine are OK but not currently playing, Balanta might be but SDC, HH and Dexter need to go as if they are there next year, we will be mid table again.
                Last edited by paulmason; 03-04-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

BennyBoy - I do not hate dexter, I just dont think he is just not good enough for a team looking to get into the top six of the Championship and it's kinda backed up by the fact he is currently on loan at the team 2nd bottom not 2nd. Pat and Vine are OK but not currently playing, Balanta might be but SDC, HH and Dexter need to go as if they are there next year, we will be mid table again.
                  Fair enough mate, but if all reports are true, both Cardiff and Sheff Utd wanted him until the end of the season, and we wouldn't due to them being above us. Believe it or not...

Also, both Wolves and Fulham were interested in him in Jan.

I don't want it to sound like I thinks he's the best striker in the league mate, but he is a good striker as he scores goals...something that many in this league cannot do. Given the right service (and by that I mean good balls into the box) he'll score plenty.

I honestly believe he is the best header of the ball in this league out of all the strikers. He can score headers anywhere in the box and make it look easy. He's never been blessed, and never will be with the ball at his feet, but that's where Vine and Aggy come in. If he was an all round striker, he's be playing prem football, as would Vine or Aggy, but the latter 2 don't score enough just as Dex doesen't do the other things strikers can do.

I hope you get what I mean?
                  I'm not the greatest at putting words together on a post, so bare with me.

Comment

Working...
                  X