Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR boss Briatore haunted by mystery man

An article from todays Daily Mail (Charles Sale):

Flavio Briatore, the controversial co-owner of Queen’s Park Rangers, is facing fresh protests about his takeover of the London club two years after a buy-out which is still cloaked in secrecy.
    The latest twist came to light after a mystery man dressed in black paraded outside the main entrance at Loftus Road before the last home match against Bristol City. He was holding up a placard that read ‘Billionaire Schmillionaire Briatore, Pay Your Debts.’.
    Reports from Italy suggest that this allegedly relates to the deal struck with former owner and Italian football agent Antonio Caliendo when Renault boss Briatore, backed by his F1 ringmaster friend Bernie Ecclestone, took control in August 2007. Caliendo’s response to the speculation about the purpose of the man in black was intriguing.
    He said: ‘I know something on this matter, too, as I am waiting to get an answer from my lawyers.’
    In the past, he said of his sale of the club to Briatore: ‘At the right time, we will expose publicly what really happened.’
    The bizarre development is the latest in a saga of extraordinary goings on at QPR over the last few years. Gianni Paladini, who was installed by Caliendo to run the club before Briatore’s buy-up, was even threatened by armed gunmen in the boardroom in August 2005.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...stery-man.html

the daily mail love us dont they?

we are in their paper every other day

Comment

The Express love us more.

I hate that turd of a Norwich fan.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Interesting. Charlie Sale certainly has excellent contacts - no particular axe to grind with us, he does it to any club that has juicy gossip and more leaks than the Titantic.

Mick Dennis - good bloke for what it's worth

Comment

Charles Sale is also about a week behind with his news stories. This was in the news about a week ago. Can't be bothered with trawling through posts to find dates but was a couple of days after to City game.
          Anything they can find to fill those empty column inches eh - can't find anything else - lets spread some QPR related blx.

Comment

I posted these a week or so ago

Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by danQPR View Post
              Charles Sale is also about a week behind with his news stories. This was in the news about a week ago. Can't be bothered with trawling through posts to find dates but was a couple of days after to City game.
              Anything they can find to fill those empty column inches eh - can't find anything else - lets spread some QPR related blx.
              Sorry but we are just not that newsworthy to the nationals. They don't print Championship and below Club news unless worthwhile.

Comment

Come on guys...who ws it?
                Now, Then, Forever
                [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                  Sorry but we are just not that newsworthy to the nationals. They don't print Championship and below Club news unless worthwhile.

And week old tosh is worthwhile is it?

Comment

Curiously, I never saw this chap.

Sure its to do with Calliendo
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

clearly understrict orders not to speak at all

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        Curiously, I never saw this chap.

Sure its to do with Calliendo
                        He'd get far more publicity if he did this on the Formula One grid at Sepang on Sunday

Comment

Working...
                        X