No announcement yet.

Does Reducing Match-Day Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All clubs have a level of die hard fans, those that turn out through thick and thin, good or bad. There is also an element of glory hunter supporters who only turn up when things are great. Our crowds will go up almost 5k on this season if we were top 2 no matter what the prices are! At the moment because we are nowhere near that level we need to be realistic given the current economic climate and at least offer competitive prices to keep the real die hard groups turning up. Therefore we need to be affordable and MUST NOT fleece those supporters!

Comment

I think if the pricing dropped then I agree it wouldnt neccessarily guarantee higher crowds although it would make it more accessible for those who pick and choose their games because they cant afford a season ticket. I for one would definitely attend more games, than the 6-8 homes and 3 away games each season.

Comment

Reduced prices for promotions - the £20 for a family, kids for a quid and the like have not seen crowds increase significantly this season. In fact, the main thing these type of promotions has achieved is to yet further alienate and annoy season ticket holders who paid substantial sums up front - we don't receive any sort of refund or price adjustment to reflect these promotions (I have 1 adult and 1 U16 st) and yet they still want us to stump up the same amount, under the guise of an early bird again this season - so that once crowds dip below 10k and they run more promotions to entice people back, us fools will have to stomach the fact that we, the ones mad enough to do it week in week out, will still not get any benefit. One way to soften the blow for us would be FREE tickets for the early league cup matches where, despite cheaper tickets, we still only have 2 stands open and sell about 5000 tickets!
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

One thing we can all be sure of, we lost a number of season ticket holders last year due to the shocking increases in prices. We will definately lose more this year if there is no reduction in the price of watching second tier football at Loftus Rd.
          I'm not 100% sure that just by simply extending the "early bird" we will retain the 10,000 season ticket holders we have now.
          There is a recession on, and people's finances are being stretched like never before, people have to prioritise when it comes to spending what little spare cash they may have, so wise up Rangers board of directors, and show some business accumen, and that means facing up to the reality that is, recession.
          Simple economics, it doesn't have to be hard.

Comment

Working...
          X