• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Reducing Match-Day Prices

Automatically mean higher crowds?

I will play devils advocate and say

NO

ITS results on the pitch
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Backing my post from a different thread i believe it will. firstly because many of us can not afford season tickets yet new fans will always purchase a season ticket for the first time , with those new fans and the fans who cant afford a season ticket it will all add up and boost the attendance. If us fans were offered prices which range between 200 and 350 im sure you will see alot more fans at the ground , this will not only be because of the prices but also because of the expectation. Flavio needs to see if we want to go up you need to have the backing of everyone within the club and to say it lightly he doesnt have that at the moment.

Comment

Fair points, but we've run some promotions this season, without seeing the crowd go up.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

match day prices will bring in more people, ive been priced out of going qpr since the new era

part time worker/student dont earn enough to go more than once a month :(
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Yeah i suppose that is true , but to be honest i believe the crowd number is just estimated . Although the promotions that are put forward are those with a family , which is good as they are attracting new fans for the future which you cant blame them for, although they will only come when promotions are set as alot of people are struggling financially at the moment . They need to come up with a promotion which allows adults to get discounts e.g. attend one match and come to another on a tuesday night for half price . this may not be a very good example and could lead to them losing alot of money but at the end of the day in promotion alone they will get 70 odd million .

Comment

Success always creates more interest.If we were in a strong postion with a good chance of promotion then i think we would see a decent improvement.

Comment

what about a section of the crowd, where they offer maybe 3 games for the price of 2, what about something like that?

Not sure having a £23 ticket instead of £25, will make much difference

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                what about a section of the crowd, where they offer maybe 3 games for the price of 2, what about something like that?
                What about something regarding loyalty points?.Maybe get a free ticket after earning a certain amount of points?.

Comment

Agreed, loyalty points should be used, but I think its the supporters who don't go they need to attract.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    Agreed, loyalty points should be used, but I think its the supporters who don't go they need to attract.
                    But if season ticket holders who travel away won tickets they could give them to family or friends?.

Comment

good point

Comment

One trip the LR should convince anyone to become a lifelong fan.

As long as they don't want a pint and the loo at half time.

Comment

To an extent yes, promotions e.g family for £20 will draw a lot more than if you jus put all tickets down by a fiver.
                          They are more effected by performance and perceived expectation I would have said! However much they charge there is still only a finite amount of people who will watch QPR week in week out whilst they are playing at their current level!

Comment

Even if say matchday prices were reduced by £5, we wouldn't see more fans in the ground.

Top of the table, is when we would see it.

Just take a look at our promotion season and how the crowds increased near the end.

Comment

Of course it would.
                              High prices mixed with poor performances = low attendances.

Lower the price and you'll see more fans.

Either that, or keep the same prices and spend big on a better calibre of player...
                              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
                              X