Blackstock and Sousa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstock and Sousa

Since Sousa has been in charge we have played 22 league matches. During this time Blackstock has played 8 full matches, has made 7 sub appearances and has played 2 matches where he has later been substituted. He has scored 5 goals in this time. Although he scored 2 in Sousa's first match against Charlton he has not scored since the 10th January. QPR have played 13 matches since this date with Blackstock failing to score in over 500 minutes for the club including 5 whole matches.

Versus Charlton - 90 mins - 2 goals
    Versus C Palace - 56 mins
    Versus Wolves - 27 mins
    Versus Plymouth - 13 mins (Sub)
    Versus Preston - 10 mins (Sub) - 1 goal
    Versus Charlton - 90 mins - 1 goal
    Versus Watford - 44 mins (Sub)
    Versus Coventry - 90 mins - 1 goal
    Versus Blackpool - 15 mins (Sub)
    Versus Reading - 5 mins (Sub)
    Versus N Forest - 31 mins (Sub)
    Versus Ipswich - 23 mins (Sub)
    Versus Barnsley - 90 mins (Played alongside Helguson)
    Versus Norwich - 90 mins (Played alongside Helguson)
    Versus Sheff Utd - 90 mins (Played alongside De Carmine)
    Versus Doncaster - 90 mins (Played alongside De Carmine)
    Versus Southampton - 90 mins (Played as lone striker)

Although I believe he is our best striker at the club I do not go along with the notion that he hasn't been given an opportunity. As you can see from four of his last five matches he was given a strike partner and failed to find the net in any of them.

A point I have been trying to make recently that looks so much better backed up by Sir Pies fondness for statistics.

Very Good Post.

Comment

well done sirpie, a point that I was explaining to Pete in vain, now backed up with the stats it looks entirely more convincing.

Pete your opinion on this thread please?
      Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

And he's gone in an attempt to save a club from relegation lol. Forrest didn't have Sirpie doing their research did they lol.
        The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
        :grimace:

Comment

I think you're all missing the point...

He is still the ONLY striker we have who is capable of scoring on a regular basis...Yet another "FACT"

Still a huge mistake in letting him go.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
            I think you're all missing the point...

He is still the ONLY striker we have who is capable of scoring on a regular basis...Yet another "FACT"

Still a huge mistake in letting him go.
            Benny I agree. But my point is that we can't use the argument that he hasn't been given the opportunity by Sousa when clearly he has. Blackstock has more goals than SDC, Balanta, Agyemang and Helguson combined and should not have been allowed to leave.

There clearly are better strikers out there but until we find 4 that are willing to sign for us he should be the last one to leave.

Comment

sirpie chucker as you know once pete talks to gianni things start to escalate
              so i would strongly tip sousa to get either demoted as i origionally wanted or sacked

the massive thing that you have missed brian clough could get a very ordinary player and tell him he was good and get that player to perform better

when sousa took over he should have realised that dexter is only 22 and still needs his confidence developed
              hes little more than a boy

continually dropping him or playing one man up front can destroy a players confidence
              he knew when he took over that dexter was the only player on qpr books who was attracting big offers from other clubs
              so he should have built the team around him that means getting another player to play along side
              dexter blackstock isnt very good at playing the one solitary striker role
              so sousa should have played two up front
              sousa has failed very badly and he must realise that being a manager is not trying to wear designer clothes and speaking elequently
              its about getting inside someones head and getting them to beleive
              or as bob hoskins once said............a little bit more than a hot dog

Comment

8 games from 22, thats consistent for our main striker. That stat immediately stands out.

Oh and when he played more regular under Dowie he scored more.

need I say more
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

sirpie chucker your own stats show that he scored all his goals in the first eight games so what kind of numpty relegates his most prolific striker onto the subs bench
                  me and pete are right on this one he dont know what hes doing
                  next season when we have a more experienced manager in the hot seat we will definately get promoted
                  this one man up front is not qpr we play attacking football score lots of goals and take liberties

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                    Benny I agree. But my point is that we can't use the argument that he hasn't been given the opportunity by Sousa when clearly he has. Blackstock has more goals than SDC, Balanta, Agyemang and Helguson combined and should not have been allowed to leave.

There clearly are better strikers out there but until we find 4 that are willing to sign for us he should be the last one to leave.
                    Sorry SPC...That wasn't a dig at you mate.

I just had to give my thoughts as many would use those stats to back up their theory on DB being 5h1t.

I just cannot agree.

I still cannot get over the fact that people would rather have Aggy over DB.
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

all the fans that vwould rather have ageyman than blackstock must be crazy
                      aggy is completely neurotic he normally scores six goals season his only good season was when he first came to us but he wont keep that up
                      where as dexter would have scored twenty goals this season if he had been looked after and managed properly

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
                        all the fans that vwould rather have ageyman than blackstock must be crazy
                        This is a moot point now methinks.
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Glad he's gone, did OK for QPR, nothing more, scored some important goals, but very frustrating player, who's career was going round in circles at QPR, add to that he always used to run around with that dopey look on his face.
                          Didnt exactly break my heart to see him go, hopefully Forest will stay up & we will get some good money for him.

Comment

That's not the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we all agree he is not that great. What we are saying is we have a sniff of the play offs and all we have left is Di Carmine who has scored just 2 goals! Helgusson is always injured. Balanta has hardly played. Vine hasn't played. Dex is the best of a very bad bunch. People wouldn't mind if we replaced him with a top striker but we won't. Our directors seems intent on bringing in people like Adebola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not why I have paid 600 quid for a season ticket!
                            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                              That's not the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we all agree he is not that great. What we are saying is we have a sniff of the play offs and all we have left is Di Carmine who has scored just 2 goals! Helgusson is always injured. Balanta has hardly played. Vine hasn't played. Dex is the best of a very bad bunch. People wouldn't mind if we replaced him with a top striker but we won't. Our directors seems intent on bringing in people like Adebola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not why I have paid 600 quid for a season ticket!

As far as I can read it, Forest were desperate & offered a lot of money, so we too the money & ran!
                              What part of that have you got a problem with ? cos I havent got a problem with any part of it at all, I think its good business by us for a change & I'm glad I wont have to see Dexter running around with that dopey look on his face anymore!

Comment

Working...
                              X