" We Want Our Rangers Back"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• " We Want Our Rangers Back"

Please tell me what time period/year you would turn the clock back to??
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

before flav would do me;but the 70's would be magic

Comment

1975/6

Comment

Too many eras at 1.15 in the morning?

Comment

2004 before you and your mate turned up

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            1982/83. Won this league by 10 points under Venables.
            That was so sweet. Apart from losing 4-0 at Wolves in the frost.

Maybe that's just youth talking, but we were classy then.
            Second division, but classy.

73 - 76 was incredilble, but I was a kid... and took it for granted then.
            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Eh?
              I would guess that someone saying "we want our Rangers back" is a reference to being involved in the club a little more. Seeing the spirit at LR to which Olly referred to as "our cave". The fans, the players participating - loving the badge and all it stood for.
              Wanting to go to games win, lose or draw because it's "our team" not feeling totally apathetic toward it as I believe most did last Tuesday.

Not a request for a time machine to live 1975/76 again.

If I interpreted your tone incorrectly I apologise.
              But, you seem to be intimating - when were things "really better"?

Financially - probably never.
              That's it though. All we seem to have now is a club we KNOW can't go into admin with the current ownership.

We've had more success in the past. We've had bigger crowds. We've had better football and so on. Of course, we've also had worse on all counts.
              But I don't believe that the former examples is what most pine for.
              Our club - our team - our colours - our badge.

It isn't and I find myself laughing at the latest Managerial exit. Laughing because it's funny, or laughing to cover the actual despair and sadness I feel deep-down?
              Or laughing because I feel so removed from this club right now, that doesn't really matter all that much. (in relative football terms that is.)

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                1971 the year I first stepped foot in the holy grail that was loftus road,A young mans dreams went an awful long way but you knew they were not bu@@ ****e.

Comment

When I felt like we were building, or at least trying to build something, and that the fans were behind the team instead of being a bunch of moaning prima donnas, spoilt on false promises by an ego maniac owner. I was happy in fact when we'd just come out of admin and Ollie was building our club back again. I felt proud to be a QPR fan. Now I feel that this whole debacle has taken away a lot of that pride, at least temporarily.

Comment

70's

Comment

keep saying it time after time this shambolic situation started way back the first time Gerry Francis left because people were going behind his back, and was the biggest mistake in qprs history. If this had not of happened who knows where we would be houston and rioch would never be allowed to waste all the millions they did on rubbish players, wilkins would not have been manager, now its just a horrible circus with people sticking their big noses into things they have not a clue about
                      Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

2004bp (bp=before paladini)

Comment

Working...
                        X