Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Season

Has anyone given any thought to the possible standard of the Championship next season? Who would you want to drop out of the Premiership & who do we not want to get promoted from League 1. Personally I think if Middlesbrough and Newcastle come down, they'll both be strong with parachute payments (assume they both get them) and WBA were the out and out stand out team last season so would be a big threat. In League 1, Leicester look good but are they that much better than the Leicester team that got relegated last term? Peterboro & MK Dons could do well. I don't know much about Millwall but Leeds will find some big money coming their way if they go up (one of those rich Sheiks from UAE perhaps). Assuming Burnley & Cardiff lose out to Wolves, Birmingham & Reading, it could be a big ask to get out of the division even with a bit of splashing the cash.

Did not think WBA were really that great last year.Goals conceded was pretty poor for a team that aspired to stay up in the Premiership.Not seen anything this season to convince me they have improved.

Boro and Newcastle would be nice to see in the Championship.Both think they are big clubs but are just chancers really.

Leicester look certs.Fancy Mk Dons as well.After that who knows.Leeds ned promotion to keep Beckford.Hope they don't go up though.Nice to see Millwall though.

Comment

i dont want leeds to come up. Horrible club.

Comment

it will be a tough old division - already some people are starting to make the mistake of last year of thinking we are somehow better than we are

Comment

Leicester, Peterborough and Millwall

Easy - nothing to see or worry about there. Esp, if as widely rumoured, Fergie Jnr and two of their better players turn up nearer to home next season.

West Brom, Boro and Blackburn/Stoke.....

Move along chaps, nothing to see there either !!!!!!

Comment

It will be our results against the barnsleys and the plymouths that will dictate how our season fares

We haven't struggled against the better sides

We need to beat the lesser sides away from home

Comment

The standard of the Championship will be excatly the same as it always is...if Newcastle and Middlesborough were that good they wouldn't be staring relegation in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                The standard of the Championship will be excatly the same as it always is...if Newcastle and Middlesborough were that good they wouldn't be staring relegation in the face.

he's right you know
                Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Working...
                X