QPR to demote Paulo Sousa in shakeup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
    QPR to demote manager Paulo Sousa in summer shake-up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...5875-21242301/
    One of the most embarrassing articles I think I've ever read.

Comment

The club will become even more of a laughing stock. Suprisingly to get results it takes time to adjust. If they employ a coach who has no experience of english football as a coach or player how can you demand immediate results. Briatore is a ****. Until that man actually wakes up and sees that these changes disillusion both the players and the fans with the way the club is run this cycle of coaches contracts being terminated will continue.

Not only does it affect the players already at the club but any potential signings will question the clubs stability as players will feel if they don't perform immediately there out. But then again the lucrative 4 and a half year deals being dished out for average players is probably enough to tempt them.

If Sousa goes and a new manager comes in and doesnt achieve straight away he will be out. I like the bit that says about spending less money. We have spent sweet fa in comparison to Birmingham, Wolves and even clubs like Ipswich. I am pretty sure Nicky maynard cost Bristol City £1.75 million and he wasn't there only signing this season. The club is becoming more and more farcical by the day. I have been delaying renewing my season ticket as as a student £600 is pretty steep as am over age of 21 but to be honest I don't see the point in paying over the odds for the same old same old next season.
      15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

wd be the worst case scenario - be better to sack him than to demote him (and I don't want us to do either). all that wd do is leave us with a totally demotivated coach and a mystified playing staff, leading to an inevitable power struggle in which the coach or the manager resigned...

Comment

Anybody else getting disheartened at the mixed messaged being sent out by the club? One minute it's "18 months into the 4 year plan", then we get rumours like this surfacing. I highly question our owners convictions and would like to be put straight, as to WHAT THEY ACTUALLY WANT. A quick solution, or to build the team up over time?
          Will change my user name to half full when QPR give me reason too...

Comment

just scrapped what i posted originally

sousa cant possibly continue to work under a manager which is what the suggested names are. wtf are our board playing at and who has leaked this to the mirror if true.

*****s
            Last edited by PeterG; 31-03-2009, 11:54 AM.
            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Half Empty View Post
              Anybody else getting disheartened at the mixed messaged being sent out by the club? One minute it's "18 months into the 4 year plan", then we get rumours like this surfacing. I highly question our owners convictions and would like to be put straight, as to WHAT THEY ACTUALLY WANT. A quick solution, or to build the team up over time?
              And here lies the root of the problem. The Club's message is and always has been a 4 year plan whereas the media produce these stories from which rumours become rife and speculation mounts. I'm afraid you are mixing the two together and the outcome is - well read the messages on this thread for the answer!
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

What if the director of football was someone who he had already worked with and owns a house in west london already?

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                  What if the director of football was someone who he had already worked with and owns a house in west london already?
                  Well if that adds up to Big Phil.................
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    Well if that adds up to Big Phil.................
                    That was my thinking. He stated he loved London and would love another job in the capital. The two of them clearly work well together and Scolari is of an age where a DOF would suit him.

Comment

We are not getting rid of managers and giving them a decent pay off. FACT!

De Canio took a very small amout of money from the club as his salary wasn't massive and due to the fact that the club parted company with him based on certain circumstances.

Dowie is also still on the clubs payroll too or was paid by the club on the 25th of March!

Lets not speculate people unless you know what you are saying is factual! As for the article in the Mirror... Well i think the begining of this sentance answers this.

Comment

GG was virtually zero. Dowie was a few hundred K. Sousa wont be much as he only has a year left on his contract, its all dependent on when we terminate his contract.
                        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

I love that dependedent on when we bit,Mmmm
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

just for harps;D
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                              That was my thinking. He stated he loved London and would love another job in the capital. The two of them clearly work well together and Scolari is of an age where a DOF would suit him.
                              But does Phil know the English game well enough to be a DOF?.Not knocking his ability,just his lack of knowledge regarding English players,same as Paulo.

Would be better off with an English born and bred DOF,who knows the English game inside out.Maybe a guy like that and with him helping Paulo as manager?.Either that or Paulo as coach under a more experienced English manager showing him the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                                QPR to demote manager Paulo Sousa in summer shake-up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...5875-21242301/
                                The article makes mention of the owners being upset at other teams doing better on less money and then mentions Bristol City's manager as a possible target......But Bristol City spent about 9 or 10 times what we did in the summer on just one player (Nicky Maynard I think).:anger:

Comment

Working...
                                X