X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many strikers do we need?

Wolves have Ebanks-Blake, Iwelumo, Keogh, Vokes and now Harewood

Reading have Long, Hunt, Lita, Doyle and Kitson

Birmingham have Phillips, Jerome, McFadden, Bent, O'Connor and McSheffrey (out on loan)

We have Blackstock, De Carmine, Helguson, Agyemang, Balanta, Vine and Rose - Blackstock will be sold, De Carmine may return, Helguson is injury prone, Balanta and Rose are inexperienced, Agyemang and Vine have been out through injury. We have quantity but before we have quality some have to go which are possibly Dex and SDC but how many do we need? Wolves have added Harewood to their the strike force although they are already the highest scorers in the league.

1 Striker ( maybe someone "high" profile: £1million plus signing )
    1 Left Winger
    3 Fullbacks

Comment

The way our team (when all fit) is set up we should get goals from midfield, so I agree with KLR, 1 quality striker should do it

Mind you wouldn't be against getting a couple in

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
        1 Striker ( maybe someone "high" profile: £1million plus signing )
        1 Left Winger
        3 Fullbacks
        Who though? Which full backs would sign for a club knowing that they won't start unless we are playing a new system which involves 3 full backs?

I can understand that Connolly, Ramage and Delaney aren't typical full backs but even if we did sign Bradley Orr and Tommy Spurr for instance why would we then go out and sign another just to warm the bench.

We already have Gorkss, Stewart, Borrowdale, Hall Connolly, Ramage and Delaney do we actually need another 3 defenders?

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          Who though? Which full backs would sign for a club knowing that they won't start unless we are playing a new system which involves 3 full backs?

I can understand that Connolly, Ramage and Delaney aren't typical full backs but even if we did sign Bradley Orr and Tommy Spurr for instance why would we then go out and sign another just to warm the bench.

We already have Gorkss, Stewart, Borrowdale, Hall Connolly, Ramage and Delaney do we actually need another 3 defenders?
          I may go on about it & people may find it boring, but I do think it is more than a valid point that I am making, so I certainly wont apologise for it.
          I dont necessarily see FullBack as strictly a defensive position, who can forget the quality of crosses that David Bardsley put in to the box back in the day ?
          Kieron Gibbs at Arsenal is an example I would use, now we wont get him, but thats the sorrt of player I am talking about not people like tommy Spurr who is too big to play full back properly IMO, Daniel Fox at Coventry is a full back but is a massive goalscoring threat, FullBacks should be able to attack just as well as they can defend, we simply arent going to get Daniel Fox or Kieron gibbs, & I dont think Spurr or Bradley Orr are any kind of improvement on what we already have, which is why I would like to see some faith shown in the manager & for him to use his unrivalled contacts in Portuguese football to bring us in a couple of young Fullbacks in on loan from Benfica, Porto or wherever, now I doubt if that is going to happen either, which is a shame isnt it, lets be honest ??

Comment

well i can only claim to have seen orr and spurr a few times live and then highlights packages on tv but both wd, imo, be big improvements. bar the winner delaney set up against bristol, how many crosses from the full back can you remember us scoring from this season? I remember one from ramage, and that's about it. defensively i can't say for sure they wd be much better but agree with you in the modern game full backs are absolutely key as attacking players and what little ive seen of both those players has impressed me.

Comment

My opinion is we need...

a left back
              a reserve goalkeeper
              and two strikers

Comment

all depends what the budget is,impossible to pick 2 strikers which are needed not knowing that.i assume we will do things on the cheap again like last summer,and bring in out of contract players,PROVIDING they are good i wouldnt care.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
                    I may go on about it & people may find it boring, but I do think it is more than a valid point that I am making, so I certainly wont apologise for it.
                    I dont necessarily see FullBack as strictly a defensive position, who can forget the quality of crosses that David Bardsley put in to the box back in the day ?
                    Kieron Gibbs at Arsenal is an example I would use, now we wont get him, but thats the sorrt of player I am talking about not people like tommy Spurr who is too big to play full back properly IMO, Daniel Fox at Coventry is a full back but is a massive goalscoring threat, FullBacks should be able to attack just as well as they can defend, we simply arent going to get Daniel Fox or Kieron gibbs, & I dont think Spurr or Bradley Orr are any kind of improvement on what we already have, which is why I would like to see some faith shown in the manager & for him to use his unrivalled contacts in Portuguese football to bring us in a couple of young Fullbacks in on loan from Benfica, Porto or wherever, now I doubt if that is going to happen either, which is a shame isnt it, lets be honest ??
                    The point I'm making is it doesn't matter who we sign whether they be from Portugal or play in the Championship already. The point I'm making is why if we sign 2 full backs do we need sign a 3rd? Why would a 3rd sign when he has just seen 2 other full backs sign for the club?

Comment

We need two strikers:

the first one has to have pace and be able to finish because half of the strikers we have couldnt finish their dinner

the second one has to be a big guy that will be able to take the ball down and will be hard to mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirsupahoopsa View Post
                        We need two strikers:

the first one has to have pace and be able to finish because half of the strikers we have couldnt finish their dinner

the second one has to be a big guy that will be able to take the ball down and will be hard to mark.
                        So that 2 plus who from those that we already have? Any names in mind of the type of player you would like to see?

Comment

i would loan out maybe andy carrol from newcastle if they are willing for him to get match experience although i doubt that would happen . And maybe get jay simspon on loan from arsenal or even try and buy him

Comment

without De Carmine and Blackstock

Think we need 2 quality strikers

1 squad striker like Adebola;D
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Sirsupahoopsa View Post
                              i would loan out maybe andy carrol from newcastle if they are willing for him to get match experience although i doubt that would happen . And maybe get jay simspon on loan from arsenal or even try and buy him
                              We can do a lot better than a carthorse like Andy Carroll & we wont get Jay Simpson, no way.

Comment

Working...
                              X