The fundamental problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fundamental problem

is that we average around 13,000 crowds which is lower CCC. We want to get promoted and without checking other club's stats to accomplish this just looking at crowds we probably need in excess of 20,000 to fund it or additional revenue elsewhere.

From day one the owners have said the club will be run as a business so whilst they may be wealthy they have made it clear they will not be bank rolling us in a Chelseaesque type way. The club has been running at a significant loss for years so they have had to marry together making good this deficit whilst also trying to improve the team.

To the above ends the owners have in fact put in some money and also attracted some fantastic sponsorship deals which will have gone some way towards that happy time when hopefully the club will be self supporting. This is to their credit.

Due largely to their investment in players last January the squad in my view is significantly better but has been hit by injuries to arguably a few of our best players. Bring them back and a bit of stability and we will have been transformed from relegation candidates to a good CCC club. This is real progress and over a fairly short period of time.

What the owners have failed to do is win over the fanbase and encourage people to attend which is vital longterm. The now various ticket price fiascos, poor PR generally have left many fans feeling unloved for want of a better phrase. Sorry Flav but this is not good business. For your 'project' to work you need to remember that famous phrase 'the customer is king.'

Good sensible post.!!!!!!!!!
    I might not agree with what you say,
    but i will defend your right to say it.

Comment

Completely agree that as a small club we are not self sufficient as a top club in the championship paying some of the highest wages.

However I would have thought that as businessman they would take the hit (and not the fans) for a couple of years in order to build up the club so that it can be sustainable in the premiership where the 'C' club would be full each week of people paying top dollar to mingle and quaf champers.

Comment

Playing Devil's Advocate they would no doubt say they have dipped into their pockets. I think transfers last year were around £5m-£6m plus signing on fees, agent fees and wages and whatever other money was needed to bolster a club on the verge of administration.

Where they fell down was stupid comments like Flavio saying Champions League in four years! Created an unrealistic level of expectation amongst the fan base. We may struggle to achieve that.

Comment

Good post. Agree.
          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Working...
          X