Reply received by the OSC from Amit Bhatia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply received by the OSC from Amit Bhatia

A couple of weeks ago I posted on this board a copy of the letter that the Official Supporters Club sent to Amit Bhatia and Ali Russell regarding season ticket prices.

We have now received a reply from Amit Bhatia as follows:

Monday 16th March 2009

Dear QPR Official Supporters Club

RE: 2009-2010 Season Tickets

I would like firstly express my thanks for your recent letter about the 2009-2010 ticket prices. Your club has made some valid points on the matter and I plan to relay them to the other board members to see if the issues causing disappointment can be resolved. I am also looking forward to the forthcoming supporter group meeting where we can meet in person and discuss ticket prices further. Supporter feedback is essential for QPR's progress and therefore the club is as always, appreciative for supporters like yourselves whose hard work and effort provides much needed suggestions and comments for QPR to review.

I am concerned to learn of your dismay about the 09/10 Early Bird Promotion. I fully understand that when compared to Early Birds in previous years, this seasons' is shorter and does not offer a ticket price reduction. Making a decision about ticket prices is always difficult for the board of Directors. Naturally, the Club would like to reward its' loyal supporters with a price reduction this season, and I know that other FC's are planning to do so which is commendable. Unfortunately, at the moment a reduction is not feasible for QPR. As a board we would like to firmly consolidate the club's finances, like all other business in the UK it is enduring the efforts of a severe recession. Therefore the board does not wish to jeopardize QPR's rebuilt finances with an impractical decision. I am sure you agree every football club is unique, whilst the likes of Newcastle propose to reduce ticket prices it is probable that they are receiving substantially more revenue from sponsorship compared to QPR. This can then be used to offset lower ticket prices, it is only a presumption, but I think it is how such a promotion can be feasible. The Club intends to have more discussions on ticket prices with particular reference to the current economy so be assured ticket prices will be constantly reviewed. This is one of the reasons why the club is yet to issue its full ticket prices, the decision on full price is yet to be finalized because the board would like to have more discussions on the matter. My sincere apologies if this has caused supporters anger that they were unable to have the full season ticket price as means of comparison when considering the early bird promotion. This was never the intention of the club and we hope to rectify the situation as soon as possible.

With the exception of Norwich, QPR is the last Championship Club to close its Early Bird promotion. It is in the interest of all football clubs to have there promotion early on in the year because it means they are better able to plan their short and long term future. Supporters are central to all the club's future plans and I ask you to bear this in mind when considering the promotion. I sympathies that for some supporters obtaining the money required for a season ticket within this period will be difficult and as a result a proportion of these people will be looking into using the club's Zebra Finance option. Zebra Finance has a variable of 18.9% with a 10 part installment plan, other clubs such as Birmingham offer 0% interest plan but they require the individual to pay the full amount within a short period, for Birmingham it is 4 months. Your letter details that Derby football Club are offering a finance scheme which is 0% and has 10 part installment plan. This looks to be a good offer for their supporters and I will be relaying this immediately to Ali Russell and Jenny Elliot who is our Ticket Office Manager so we can get more information about this. I am keen to see if their finance plan can be put in place at QPR.

I will also be asking relevant Heads of Department to formulate a plan which assists families when buying their season tickets. I too agree that families should be rewarded in some way for their large contribution to QPR via season tickets. According to ticket office I have been informed the student concession on season tickets is under the "Young Adult" bracket. So for example, instead of paying £450 for an Adult Bronze season ticket, a student would pay £250 under the Young Adult bracket.

Once again I would thank you for your letter, I intend to use it to the best of my ability. I look forward to seeing you on the 1st April.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Amit Bhatia
    Vice-Chairman Queens Park Rangers FC

Last edited by patqpr; 29-03-2009, 06:23 PM.

Unfortunately, at the moment a reduction is not feasible for QPR.
    so how come clubs less financially stable than us are looking after their fans then?
    what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

"With the exception of Norwich, QPR is the last Championship Club to close its Early Bird promotion. It is in the interest of all football clubs to have there promotion early on in the year because it means they are better able to plan their short and long term future"

I don't think that by extending the early-bird by 6 weeks to the end of May will make any difference to the clubs short or long term future.

Comment

were he refers to newcastle having bigger sponsorship deals. Well we probably have on par for championship level with them and our wages are consideranly less so just no. All talk really, nothing will happen.

Comment

Dear Amit,

Because your price policy is stupid you will sell less season tickets which means less revenue into the club.

You have not listened to the fans who for the past 12 months have been saying that the season ticket prices are over the top.

Overall the entire board at QPR have handled this like half wits who dont have a clue regarding this football club and your investment.

You could have quite easily rewarded our fans by offering a discount to the supporters with say over 150 loyalty points that would of at least been a gesture.

I hope you enjoy your fans meeting I really hope the board listen this time.

That is all

Funky
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
            Dear Amit,

Because your price policy is stupid you will sell less season tickets which means less revenue into the club.

You have not listened to the fans who for the past 12 months have been saying that the season ticket prices are over the top.

Overall the entire board at QPR have handled this like half wits who dont have a clue regarding this football club and your investment.

You could have quite easily rewarded our fans by offering a discount to the supporters with say over 150 loyalty points that would of at least been a gesture.

I hope you enjoy your fans meeting I really hope the board listen this time.

That is all

Funky
            Sounds about right to me.
            My old man said be a Rangers fan, I said,......OK.

Comment

what funky said
              Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Just out of interest, why is everyone addressing their letters to Mr Bhatia and why is he representing the board on the Supporter Groups, when his 'employer' (his father in law) only owns 20% of the shareholding?

The tone of the letter says it all to me.
                "I will be relaying this immediately to Ali Russell and Jenny Elliot..."
                "I will also be asking relevant Heads of Department..."

...Sounds like some one not empowered to change anything to me.

Comment

As no-one else actually bothers to respond
                  Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Working...
                  X