No announcement yet.

The Importance of the "c" Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete it could make sense in certain circumstances but they had done it #### about tit

any business should know that you build desire and then fulfil it.

we have spent shedloads of money in fulfilment without there being any desire, result swathes of very expensive assets not generating revenue but already depreciating in terms of their worth and quality. by the time the desire is built, if it ever is then assets will need overhauling because fashion changes and the fashion concious dont like being seen in unfashionable places.

If arsenal had done a c club (MAYBE THEY HAVE) it would probably be packed.

conclusion, concentrate on making us a real quality brand in terms of what we are, a FOOTBALL CLUB, not a emporers new clothes brand that is quickly revealed to be all smoke and mirrors.

do you think Chanel no 5 was succesful simply because it was expensive, no, first it was a bloody great fragrance that people clouldnt get enough off, when they couldnt keep up with demand they then increased the price. Thats the way to do it.

make a perfume that smells like a stink bomb put an expensive price tag on it and geos what, nobody buys it. thats the c club in essence, an expensive stink bomb.
    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

On a positive note I hear the Veal in W12 is fantastic pre match
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

with the prices they charge it alienates the proper fans,so mathematically it was a wrong move.
        what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

why not get the extra 15000 fans the club seem to think are waiting to come hahahaahahahahaahahahahahaa...crap.

corporate is vital revenue but don't shi* on the 12000 others for them.

do we get vfm?

Comment

think where they are going wrong is making it a club and thus v v expensive. it should be open to all fans to use the restaurant etc on special occasions like birthdays and what have you then i bet they cd fill it and there wouldn't be such a "them versus us" feeling about it.

Comment

Well, if they can maximise revenue in a half empty stadium, which is what it will be if no sensible, rational, pricing structure is put in place, then I'll eat my head as one of Charles Dickens characters was fond of saying.

Comment

The thing is, it doesn't fit into a 4 year plan at all. In fact, it is just an excuse for Flabio and Ernie to flaunt their superficial female hangers on and entertain their nobby mates.

Face it, a four year plan would be:
                1. Consolidate and improve the playing side. Pick a manager, give him full reign over football matters. Appoint a top notch business team from other successful football related business (clue: Hearts have been a mess on and off the pitch since the Eastern Europeans muscled their way in).
                2. Push for promotion; get the ground full and then starting upping the prices when demand > supply
                3. Get promotion. Build your Playboy Club along with **PROPER**investment in the playing squad to consolidate
                4. Mid table mediocrity for the next twenty seasons...

Comment

Yes Pete of course it would be good if anyone actually went but with it being empty and just being a drain on the club it has been a total waste of money! If it was full every week and generating profits for the club of course it would be a great idea but it's not!

Comment

I always look over to the C Club and think woah what a waste of space. Those fans lost their seats where they had been seated for years for that. Laughable.

Comment

I'm with Scott on this one.

I think that they thought they could attract a whole new type of supporter that simply isn't out there for QPR. At Chelsea this could have worked - and to try and get this he had to alienate the current market. It hasn't worked and it has back fired on him - he's just too arrogant to admit that.

The man seems to live in another world.

Comment

CClub is fine for a Premiership side, but I find it a bit embarrassing for a mid-table average Championship one. This should have been built in year 3 of the 4 year plan.

Any rich person excited by the CClub at its introduction would be unlikely to go back that money again having had the experience of watching the Norwich home game (even if you drunk a bottle of champagne.)

The longer we are in CCC the more the interest (and possibly Flavio's) in the C Club will decline.
                        :drunk:

Comment

Agree with bits of the above.

The fact we are a smaller club means the long term importance of the C Club could be huge. We simply do not have the support base to compete with most of the Premiership clubs so have to to maximise revenue where we can. At the moment it is simply an entertaining area for Flav and Co.

As with general attendance it will improve with performances when we become more fashionable.

Comment

Agree with Fawny.

When you have spent many years in one spot within the ground, then you are turfed out to see empties in those very seats you sat in, it is not only embarrasing for the club, but as a loyal supporter a mighty kick in the proverbials.

The best seats in the house are not being used, maybe they should give them back!!

The club in my view, have run before they could walk.
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              Agree with Fawny.

When you have spent many years in one spot within the ground, then you are turfed out to see empties in those very seats you sat in, it is not only embarrasing for the club, but as a loyal supporter a mighty kick in the proverbials.

The best seats in the house are not being used, maybe they should give them back!!

The club in my view, have run before they could walk.
                              Absolutely CORRECT !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X