The Importance of the "c" Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Importance of the "c" Club

We may scoff about the riches and the clientel walking through the door on a Saturday, but does it not make business sense to maximise income to the club, at a time when we still only 13,000 crowds (roughtly the same, as 3 years ago), but we have trebled players wages and the owners have put alot of there own money into the club?

Before, any harps about defending the club, I am not. Just looking at logical ways the club need to re-coup certain losses.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

The C-club has been a complete waste of space. Nobody will pay the sort of money being asked to watch Championship football. They should find ways of filling the 4000-5000 empty seats at each home game. We all know how thet can do it, but they seem hell bent on driving fans away.

Comment

On a financial perspective, how many C-Club tickets have been sold? How much was teh cost of the c-club 2am party area above the W12???

I'd say it's been run at a loss and our STs are paying for it.

From a fans perspective, how many loyal fans had to be moved to create it and how ridiculous does it look that it's never ever been full? Should we be proud that we have a better VIP area than any Premiership club yet loyal fans cant geta pint or have a pish at half time in other parts of the ground????

It's a frigging joke
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

As the club treat it like a business, wouldn't 1,000 fans buying champagne, dinner and corporate boxes, be more revenue than 4,000 paying £20-£25 a ticket.

I don't know the answer, but just trying to get into the minds of the business people, as opposed the football side?
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          As the club treat it like a business, wouldn't 1,000 fans buying champagne, dinner and corporate boxes, be more revenue than 4,000 paying £20-£25 a ticket.

I don't know the answer, but just trying to get into the minds of the business people, as opposed the football side?

Pete it's a nightclub for the rich and the rich hangers on. Even senior QPR staff aren't allowed anywhere near it. It has nothing to do with QPR, or football.

Comment

The problem is those rich hangers on, have money to spend?

These guys at the top, see it purely as a business venture and not like we do.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Since when has the C-Club held 1000 fans, for christs sake keep it real.

Comment

No, they see it as their plaything.

Like I said, it's run at a loss currently so WE are paying for it.

And money to spend? On what? Yeah I'm sure Tamara Beckwith got her purse out and bought a £120 scarf once...

Comment

I haven't a clue how many they hold to be honest.

lets for argument say 250?

I'm guessing all the money was spent in that area in the summer, as they looked at the potential. They have completely overalled the interior, no rich corporate client would have gone anywhere near the old members bar?

Do they not have to increase the nature of the corporate hospitality to re-coup some losses on/off the pitch?

Just trying to get the reasoning of investing heavily in that paricular area, but no-where else around the ground. Whilst the tradtional supporter struggles to go a p.iss in Ellerslie Road, more and more money within the ground is being spent elsewhere.

Comment

You pay £20 a ticket, Flavio doesn't care what you think. FACT.

Commercially they thought it would be viable and spent our money on it. Unfortunately, Flavio being the egotistical man that he is..he spent too much on it. Couple in the fact that i'm sure the Richard Bransons of this world have better things to do then spend X thousand pounds to watch championship football week in and out...well, it's a failure.

Half those that do turn up have been given freebies anyway. Not much revenue came in from the c-club when it was launched and zero has come in since it has been in existence.

EDIT: stop starting thread after thread you're breaking the spamming rules :greedy:

Comment

I can understand C Club and W12 club, as the best views at any ground should be the most expensive seats....

The main problem is that the club seemingly didn't do enough research into its target Market and have now seemingly found that they cannot sell them...

The costs of the improvements and ongoing costs are subsidised to an extent by ST holders elsewhere in the ground

Comment

There is really only one thing that will generate more money, and that is success on the pitch. As the man said, "Build it and they will come"

Comment

Pete, I understand totally where you're coming from. I was one of those ousted from what is now W12, losing my seat after some 29 years. But I accepted it on the basis that W12 together with the c-club would bring in much more revenue. I trusted that with the contacts of Messrs Briatore, Ecclestone and Mittal these much more expensive sections would get sold out (or nearly so) most games.
                          That has obviously not been the case and in my opinion has been an absolute embarrassment to Ali Russell, who in another business would probably have lost his job.
                          Clearly, these areas were developed with one eye on the Premiership, whenever we get there, and when promotion is achieved they will be full every week.
                          But while they remain empty it only adds to the feeling of alienation which some fans now feel.
                          Business-wise it may well make sense long-term, but at the moment it feels like we are having the **** taken out of us.

Comment

Have the club maximised it's revenue here though.

C-Club is empty most games.

W12 Club seems to have done quite well.

Be interesting to see how many boxes we have sold so for next season.
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that, having now seen inside W12 the other night, there is nothing about it which screams "quality", I thought it was very disappointing. If I was paying shed loads to be part of that I wouldnt be happy.
                              Obviously can't speak for the c-club.

Comment

Working...
                              X