Two more for beckford - whats the man got to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two more for beckford - whats the man got to do

....to get noticed by our board? Thats at least 31 for the season with a lot of time spent in the sin bin.I've followed this guys career since his days with Wealdstone.I've written to the club about him on at least 5 occasions before and since the new regime took over,without response.If we'd bought him this time last year for say £3m-4m instead of some of the dross and baggage we acquired,it would have been good business.He's young,tall,skillfull,good with both feet and his head - a real handfull that would have been bliss feeding off the likes of Hogan,Cookie,Routledge,Viney and Buz.Now,quite rightly Leeds manager Simon Grayson is warning off potential Premiership clubs and probably couldn't be bought for anything less than £10m.If Carlton Cole,Heskey and Bent are good enough for the England squad,then so is this guy - he's that good ! :very_sad:

we dont do players with good potential and quality with a future ahead of them. We go for players who have done it, miller, helguson, mahon and who no one else really wants.

Comment

flopped already in this division...

Billy Sharp x 1,000,000....

Youve never wondered if there was a reason why the board haven't ever considered spending a ludicrous sum like £4m on him

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
        flopped already in this division...

Billy Sharp x 1,000,000....

Youve never wondered if there was a reason why the board haven't ever considered spending a ludicrous sum like £4m on him

how do you know hes gonna be a flop? so kightly for wolves is a flop?

Comment

A great player and I know that we are well aware of him.

A player I'd love to see us go after but Mr Bates will want at least 3 million I'd imagine.

Not sure if this board will spend that kind of money
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

both sylvien blake and beckford were rejected at the same time by qpr

so thatys 20 million pounds worth of tallent that could have been purchased for 300 000 pound
            thats why the club should buy from lower divisions sometimes

like les ferdinand and trevor sinclair

Comment

Did absolutely nothing at this level in the past

Older than Sharp and scored less tham him

Under £1m he may be worth a punt, at his realistic £3m+ its a huge gamble

Comment

Beckford would be quality for us, hes a natural goalscorer and scores some absolute peaches.

No chance we will pay £2.5-3m for anyone though.

Comment

jamie he flopped at this level 2 years ago, he has since developed into a fine striker with a great strike rate. Considering he is only playing one tier below us I don't believe he'd struggle with the step-up to the championship. He would be my top target for the summer.
                  Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

But this is the sort of money we should be spending not only to partly justify the extortionate ST and match day prices,but also to achieve promotion.They've got to spend OUR money sometime on decent players if we want to emmulate Wolves and Birmingham. They had to.If FB and the others don't repond by putting their and our monies where their mouths are,then its obvious that they are going to continue to take our money under false pretences.Tant amount to fraud. :(

Comment

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Will our board spend 2-2.5 million for a striker? I doubt it.

Beckford will be eyed up by many championship clubs this summer, if Leeds don't go up.
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
                        jamie he flopped at this level 2 years ago, he has since developed into a fine striker with a great strike rate. Considering he is only playing one tier below us I don't believe he'd struggle with the step-up to the championship. He would be my top target for the summer.
                        they said Billy Sharp with 53 goals in 2 season in L1 would have no problem stepping up a league.....

2 seasons on and hes scored less than a quarter of that since, and many Sheff Utd dont fancy him at all.....

Matty Fryatt is another, 3 goals in 35 games last year in the CCC, 28 goals already this year in L1....

yes its only one league different but there have been plenty who could score for fun in L1 but not do it in the CCC, and at £3m+ Beckford would be a massive gamble, especially with his attitude...

having said that, i wouldnt be surprised if a Reading/Wolves/Brum signed him in desperation for the Prem next year

Comment

WELL SAID QPRJIM - I'm sue a lot of our readers/posters,haven't seen Beckford recently - as you say he's playing at only one level lower than ours ( also in a playoff position therefore as good as several in the Championship) and has improved enormously and is pure class.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                            they said Billy Sharp with 53 goals in 2 season in L1 would have no problem stepping up a league.....

2 seasons on and hes scored less than a quarter of that since, and many Sheff Utd dont fancy him at all.....

Matty Fryatt is another, 3 goals in 35 games last year in the CCC, 28 goals already this year in L1....

yes its only one league different but there have been plenty who could score for fun in L1 but not do it in the CCC, and at £3m+ Beckford would be a massive gamble, especially with his attitude...

having said that, i wouldnt be surprised if a Reading/Wolves/Brum signed him in desperation for the Prem next year

I agree it would be a gamble, a lot of young strikers have struggled with the transition to our level, however having seen Beckford play I have no doubt he'd make the step up with ease, two great feet, natural finisher, pacy and good in the air.
                            Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

wait for the transfer window to be open or wait for leeds to get promoted or not or wait until leeds want to sell him.

good player, serious disciplinary/attitude problem though.

Comment

Working...
                              X