Is Blackstock Deal That Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Blackstock Deal That Bad?

The news back in January was that a 3 year extension was being offered that would see him at the R's until 2013.

I think obvious that this deal never happened and therefore a contract ending 2010 on the cards.

Fulham, Bolton and west Brom were all mooted to be interested. A price of $2million mentioned but no firm offer made ???

I think it is clear that:
    1) the thoughts are more on next year than a playoff push this year (I felt the turning point was Ipswich (admittedely I was able to watch it) but just felt that that day put the season in to persective. Our key players missing and a striker who suits a 451 formation not present.

2) we have to get new striker(s) and a proven one.

3) Dexter doesnt suit 451 formation but also I dont think he has hd a natural partnership/understanding with anyone (maybe Cook a few years back)

When i considered the above I didnt think Dex would be number 1 choice next year and that was going to be a new purchase.

I thought that someone in the current setup was going to go and to be honest thought that that might be Dex and his best price would be now not later.

The only thing that surprized me was the timing but... come the summer i think there will be a few players around (economic downturn) out of contract and a buyers market place. Just a gut feeling.

Factoring the above is the deal that bad?

I know im far from the Bush here in Perth Oz, but may prove to be good business.

I await being shot down in flames.

Sean In Oz

Good post

Evidence that someone not able to get to games can still have excellent insight into team affairs.

Comment

I think its a good deal. I think Forest will get to see close up what they are getting and once the transfer window opens they will give us the £1.85m that was being touted yesterday. We can then use this money to bring in a striker (or two) who will fit into the 4-5-1 system i.e. Jason Scotland.

Comment

I think it's a good deal just hope we bring in some quality to replace him
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

I personally think it is a very good deal and lets not forget we did get the commentator throwing in the infamous 'Black*ock' in the live radio commentary to boot prior to his leaving. F'ing hilarious. Priceless.

Comment

It's a fantastic deal and it gives me hope for next season if the club doesn't believe Blackstock is good enough.

Comment

Working...
            X