No announcement yet.

Sensible Debate On Chairmen of Football Clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are being a tad pedantic Scott.

Muddying the waters perhaps. Not that that is required at QPR

Comment

Clarification of who does what would be helpful.It seems to be a big muddle at the moment-FB,GP,PS-who actually does what???

If you take Liverpool as an example-there was strife between Parry,Hicks,Gillette and Benitez.

Since clarity was achieved with the resignation of Parry-and Benitez signed his new contract-Hicks and Gillette have taken a back seat and allowed Benitez to get on with it.

Strange to say that since then their results have been

Liverpool 4 Real Madrid 0
      Man Utd 1 Liverpool 4
      Liverpool 5 Aston Villa 0

There is a lesson here-let the manager manage.

Comment

To be fair, we;ve discussed GP to death in sporting director thread.

I'm talking about CHAIRMAN, (owners of football clubs)

Flavio admits for example that if things don;'t go right he will speak to the manager and the players, he will even go into the dressing room. I remember reading that because he had invested so much, he wants to be "hands on", my point is, to what degree should someone like Flavio Briartore get involved with the playing squad?
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Its hardly been a discussion Pete, the simple question of 'What are GP's credentials for the sporting director role' has never been answered.

With regards to Chairman I don't believe we have a choice Flavio will always be hands on, I'm hoping we can achieve success in spite of this, however with changing Managers every season (a european trait) I have my doubts since we are not spending more than other clubs in the championship and not bringing youth through what exactly separates us from other clubs in the championship.

Comment

To be honest i wish flavio would just leave sousa to it!

I havent got a issue with flavio coming down to the dressing room, but not at 2:55pm. Its a managers time to talk personally with the players.

I think a honest answer would be: Flavio spend the money, and let sousa get on with it........AND FOR GOD SAKE, REFER TO SOUSA AS A MANAGER NOT "THE COACH"!!....
            Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Owners and Chairmen are not always the same thing

the thread should in hindsight have been titled, Owners rather than chairman

I dont have a problem with an owner having some input if it is constructive but it should be about inspiration, should never interfer with the manager in terms of picking the team or the tactics, unless the owner happens to be brian clough or Dave Sexton types.
              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Working...
              X